Author Topic: Nintendo E3 Conference  (Read 1911 times)

jobocan

Nintendo E3 Conference
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:37:48 pm »
I'm very confused at the moment.

First, the 3DS segment, as far as I could tell (since I was once again following a liveblog, and chatting with a friend that was watching it), was amazing. Some cool announcements and dates given for games.

But then I start hearing about the Wii U (stupidest name ever)... and I have no idea what it is... After further research it seems to be a console, and that what was shown was just the controller... But Nintendo didn't seem to really give any details about it... Anyone else as confused as I am? Anyways... none of that matters, because NEW SMASH BROS!

Nintendo definitely had the best conference out of the big 3 (mostly due to the 3DS stuff), but it's also the most confusing ever... maybe it'll make more sense when I actually watch it when I get back home?

*Edit*
Ah, makes more sense: http://blogs.reuters.com/mediafile/files/2011/06/new-nintendo-wii-e3.png

scott

Re: Nintendo E3 Conference
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 02:26:23 pm »
I don't even want to know how much that controller costs. Let alone, who would allow a child to play with it. Drop, CRACK, FUUUUUuuuuuu.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 02:42:38 pm »
Apparently Reggie said that they're aiming to have the console at the same price point as the Wii (probably at launch), which would be great. Though I do agree, I'll never let a kid touch that.

Apparently the screen on the controller (*explodes*) is only single-touch, so it's not like the badass OLED screen on the Vita or something, so it brings the price down.

Also, I heard it's actually pretty comfortable... though that remains to be seen/felt.

matt

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 04:30:35 pm »
I'm very confused at the moment.
ha this was my exact thought. I didn't know wtf was going on and hated how they danced around any talk of the actual hardware. We'll see though. If nothing else I'm happy that the system has current-gen specs and if nothing else we can finally get some good cross-platform games on it.

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 04:59:45 pm »
The weird thing is that they actually started talking about the actual hardware AFTER the conference... I really don't get that.

Seems it's stronger than PS3, 1080p, won't use Blu-Ray but another type of high-density disc, will have online much closer to what we've seen with PSN/XBL (I will believe it when I see it...)... and I'm probably missing some stuff. You can even find pictures of the actual console on kotaku and such, despite just seeing very small glimpses in the actual conference (which most people mistook for a standard Wii). I know the controller is the focus, but at least showing the actual console would have been nice.