Author Topic: This game SUCKS!  (Read 8341 times)

darko

This game SUCKS!
« on: November 28, 2012, 03:55:22 pm »
Thought this might be fun.

I'll start with Devil May Cry 2.

foxhack

Re: This game SUCKS!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 04:04:42 pm »

No single game has made me rage as much in as little time as this. Ever.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:13:23 pm by foxhack »

atariboy

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 04:17:55 pm »
This:
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 04:36:09 pm »
Thought this might be fun.

I'll start with Devil May Cry 2.

Well, I'll continue with the same series then!
DmC, the needless reboot by Ninja Theory, is even worse than DMC2.

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 04:42:45 pm »
Have you played it? :P

soera

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 04:50:05 pm »

jobocan

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 05:51:07 pm »
Have you played it? :P

The demo, yeah, and it's terrible. I'm not one of the people complaining about it because they changed Dante or the game's world... though it IS an annoyance, I can easily forgive that if the gameplay is fun.
Sadly, the gameplay isn't fun, it has tons of problems in many regards, like some of the worst controls I've ever seen, lack of a lock-on system (which is part of what made previous DMC gameplay so smooth), too button-mashy, made certain moves impossible to string in combos properly, the dodge button breaks the flow of the game (DMC never had a dodge button unless you want to count Trickster, which I never considered being about dodging)... After playing the demo, I don't even want to rent the game anymore, and I had it pre-ordered before the fact.
I doubt Ninja Theory ever played a DMC game before making this, it's like they just made a sequel to that Heavenly Sword game (which also wasn't terribly good) and put a DMC-like skin on top.

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 06:10:50 pm »
Unlimited Saga... I'm tempted to rent it/buy it to see if it's just as unplayable as it was when I played it 10 years ago.  I literally couldn't get past the first battle.

Love this bit from its Wikipedia article:
Unlimited Saga was not well-received outside of Japan, receiving mostly low to average scores from critics. Electronic Gaming Monthly simply declared: "This game sucks. Unlimited Saga exemplifies everything that's wrong with RPGs today and throws it all together in one deluxe package for all to avoid like the plague."
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 07:20:32 pm »
Not E.T., I actually really liked it. If you follow the instructions, it's a solid game. Just saying this before someone goes "HUR DUR EEEE TEEE IS BAD :<<<<"

atariboy

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 08:05:15 pm »
Not E.T., I actually really liked it. If you follow the instructions, it's a solid game. Just saying this before someone goes "HUR DUR EEEE TEEE IS BAD :<<<<"
Man E.T. never gets any love. I agree it is not that bad of a game, there are a few spots that are frustrating but once you get over those it really is not as bad as it is made out to be.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

scott

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 08:32:30 pm »
Unlimited Saga... I'm tempted to rent it/buy it to see if it's just as unplayable as it was when I played it 10 years ago.  I literally couldn't get past the first battle.

Love this bit from its Wikipedia article:
Unlimited Saga was not well-received outside of Japan, receiving mostly low to average scores from critics. Electronic Gaming Monthly simply declared: "This game sucks. Unlimited Saga exemplifies everything that's wrong with RPGs today and throws it all together in one deluxe package for all to avoid like the plague."

I bought that from disgaeniac a while back, but never put it in the PS3 to play it. I heard a ton of bad things about it though and eventually I'll sift through it just so I can say I did. Mainly got it, cause it's a SaGa game.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

fiveforfightng

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 08:32:39 pm »
Much like any video game made based on a film, Cars for Game Boy Advance was a complete POS and waste of time. I used to enjoy any video game I played, but after that one, I started to have better opinions.

It doesn't follow the plot of the movie (which I thought was an OK movie) at all. Keep in mind that this is only the GBA version. Apparently, the game got positive reviews on other consoles
Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 08:47:45 pm »
Man E.T. never gets any love. I agree it is not that bad of a game, there are a few spots that are frustrating but once you get over those it really is not as bad as it is made out to be.
They don't call you Atariboy for nothin' ;)

I sure as hell would take E.T. over Football, or most of the Atari sports games. (And IMO, E.T. is one of my favorite Atari 2600 games)

soera

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 09:01:25 pm »

I hate ET. I would fall into a pit after a few minutes of playing and never be able to get out.

pacpix

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 09:05:07 pm »
I have never liked E.T. much, there is definitely games that are much worse.

http://vgcollect.com/item/10016

One of the first games I got for my Genesis.  Have no idea why I actually finished the game...
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)