Author Topic: Wishlists are now live!  (Read 10178 times)

matt

Wishlists are now live!
« on: June 09, 2011, 09:59:55 pm »
Greetings all!

I've been hard at work on putting the finishing touches on the new wishlist features and I'm proud to say that they are finally ready for prime time. On any item page you'll now have the option to add an item to your wishlist. This list simply contains the item name with no extra details. From the My Wishlist page, you'll be able to delete items or move them over to your collection.

Please let me know if you have any issues, comments or suggestions.

Thanks!

jobocan

Re: Wishlists are now live!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 11:47:04 pm »
Why not a "View Wishlist" link next to the "View Collection" link in the forums? Cool stuff, time to populate that wishlist :D

matt

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 11:48:00 pm »
Man you guys are never happy! haha jk. I'll get this added tomorrow.

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 11:50:06 pm »
Oh, and another suggestion (that was a fast reply >_<)... In the browse pages, an "Add Selected Items to Wishlist" button might be nice.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 10:02:09 pm »
Well, I like the thing, haha..  I've written down, typed and lost several 'wanted lists'.  I even have one somewhere in my documents, but it's buried in with other crap.  So now I finally have a wishlist and know where it is!

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 02:32:07 am »
This is great but for release year you need to add 2012 because a lot of games have 2012 confirmed release dates.

scott

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 10:11:14 pm »
My list was 2 pages long, but when you click on the 2nd page it takes you to the 2nd page of your collection. Was that fixed?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 02:23:08 am »
Oh, and another suggestion (that was a fast reply >_<)... In the browse pages, an "Add Selected Items to Wishlist" button might be nice.

Ditto on this request.  Would make the initial creation of "My collection" and "My wishlist" very streamlined.  Might be too cluttered, but even having two checkboxes (one for "have" and one for "want") would be nice.  But this is just coming from me as a new user vs. those who've already built collections are are now making wishlists.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 03:07:20 pm »
How about indicating that a game is 'In Wishlist,' similar to 'In Collection,' when searching or browsing?

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 03:08:39 pm »
Oh yeah, When a game is in My Wishlist and I add it to My Collection, maybe we could be prompted to have the game removed from My Wishlist.

scott

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 03:32:43 pm »
I agree with the need to be able to see if a game is either in your Collection or Wishlist.

Also, when you move a game from your Wishlist to your Collection it is automatically removed from the Wishlist already.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 03:54:49 pm »
ahhh, so that's what that button is for!

It still may be nice to move a game from My Wishlist to My Collection with details. Also, if you add a game that's in My Wishlist to My Collection without using that button, being prompted to delete it from My Wishlist might still be useful.

Edit: If we have indication that a game is in My Wishlist, then my last sentence would be pointless.

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 02:01:09 am »
I would also like to see how many users have an item in their Wishlist.

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 02:02:24 am »
I would also like to see how many users have an item in their Wishlist.

I concur with this statement.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

matt

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 10:22:14 am »
I'll get this one added today. Simple coding. Eventually we'll have it so users can mark items as for sale/for trade. This will allow us to match up your wishlist with users who have the game available.