Author Topic: Types of games you'd like to see  (Read 8437 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Types of games you'd like to see
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 09:21:39 pm »
You know what that proves? That the XBox 360 & PS3 has got nothing on Blast Processing.  8)

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 10:58:20 pm »
final fantasy VII in HD

I'm just curious - because I've seen a lot of interest from FF VII fans over the years in an HD-remake...would those of you who want this want the *Exact* same game as the original...just "HD-i-fied"...or what (if any) changes/additions might you want to see for it?
same game with ps3 graphics

jcalder8

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 12:06:57 am »
Why isn't there a game where you play as the "other guy" The hero's best friend who has to get saved all the time by the hero?

You would run into an area that is full of bad guys and then hid behind cover and call out different repetitive phrases until he comes to save you. Then you would have a different map than he does so you would be constantly running the wrong way and he would have to come and find you. Then when there is a boss fight you take more damage than he does and die just before he wins the first 5 times he tries to finish it.

ffxik

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 02:09:00 am »
Why isn't there a game where you play as the "other guy" The hero's best friend who has to get saved all the time by the hero?

You would run into an area that is full of bad guys and then hid behind cover and call out different repetitive phrases until he comes to save you. Then you would have a different map than he does so you would be constantly running the wrong way and he would have to come and find you. Then when there is a boss fight you take more damage than he does and die just before he wins the first 5 times he tries to finish it.

I thought there was something similar to it on the PS3.  I remember reading about a game where you play as a companion of the main hero.  It was also supposed to feature online co-op for up to 4 players or so.  It's been years since I read about it.  I don't even know if it made out the door or even to this side of the lake. 

soera

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 09:43:14 am »
Yay 2013!

Any of the following would make it a great gaming year for me:

Dragon Quest X announced for US release
Phantasy Star 5 (been waiting almost 20 years but I can dream right!?)
EA spontaneously implodes

The first one is the only reason for me to get a Wii U anytime in the future.
The second one would be amazing. Some of the best moments of my past were playing the first game. What an awesome game.
The third one would signal that the world is headed in the right direction again.

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 03:28:46 pm »
Yay 2013!

Any of the following would make it a great gaming year for me:

Dragon Quest X announced for US release
Phantasy Star 5 (been waiting almost 20 years but I can dream right!?)
EA spontaneously implodes

The first one is the only reason for me to get a Wii U anytime in the future.
The second one would be amazing. Some of the best moments of my past were playing the first game. What an awesome game.
The third one would signal that the world is headed in the right direction again.

I would pick up a Wii U as well if they announce DQ X, otherwise I'll continue to hold off.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2013, 01:10:45 am »
I want to see Konami open up their vaults and give us some good collection discs. My picks:

Konami Klassics Collection:
1.   The Adventures of Bayou Billy
2.   Blades of Steel
3.   Double Dribble
4.   Frogger
5.   Gradius
6.   Gradius II
7.   Gradius III
8.   Gyrus
9.   Jackal
10.   Life Force
11.   Metal Gear
12.   Metal Gear 2
13.   Road Fighter
14.   Rocket Knight Adventures
15.   Rush N' Attack
16.   Snake's Revenge
17.   Sparkster
18.   Sunset Riders
19.   Time Pilot
20.   Track & Field

Castlevania Classics Collection:
1.   Castlevania
2.   Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
3.   Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
4.   Castlevania: Bloodlines
5.   Castlevania: Dracula X
6.   Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
7.   Super Castlevania IV

Contra Classics Collection:
1.   Contra
2.   Contra III: The Alien Wars
3.   Contra Force
4.   Contra: Hard Corps
5.   Contra: Legacy of War
6.   Super C

If they'd do something like this, I'd fork my money over in a heartbeat!

insektmute

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2013, 11:09:53 am »
It's going to be extremely tough to keep my list from turning into a list of annoyances, but...

- Obscure, notable Japanese games that should have been released here a long time ago. Black/Matrix, Treasure of the Rudras, Bahamut Lagoon, Mother 3, Shin Megami Tensei I/II/If... the list goes on.

- JRPGs with more mature storylines and characters. MegaTen and Shadow Hearts are examples that desperately need to be followed.

- Western games that aren't inspired by history, Tolkien, Star Wars, Aliens, or "our post 9/11 world."

- 2D games in physical form. I'm sick of this stuff being junked onto PSN/XBLA.

- Shadow Hearts. An HD collection, new game, I don't care, just give us back one of the greatest series ever made.

- Fatal Frame and Bayonetta. I'm gonna leave it at that.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2013, 12:07:44 pm »
- JRPGs with more mature storylines and characters. MegaTen and Shadow Hearts are examples that desperately need to be followed.

- Shadow Hearts, just give us back one of the greatest series ever made.

Jeeez...

First Tale of the Forsaken Land,

and now Shadow Hearts...

Think I might be falling for ya' Insekt  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

insektmute

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2013, 12:36:15 pm »
Jeeez...

First Tale of the Forsaken Land,

and now Shadow Hearts...

Think I might be falling for ya' Insekt  :o

Hahaha, likewise!

Seriously though, Shadow Hearts: Covenant? There are no words to describe how much I love this game. That, along with Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, changed how I look at RPGs forever.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2013, 02:15:52 pm »
Yeah, Covenant is my favorite PS2 RPG -and- one of my all time favs on any system.

Same thing w/ TotFL...just change "RPG" for "Dungeon-Crawler".

I also really liked the SMT games that I've played, so far (Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, Persona 3 & 4, and Nocturne).

I already have (and need to get to:) Persona: Revelations (PS1 & PSP), Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1), and Persona: Innocent Sin (on the PSP), Strange Journey (DS), Devil Survivor: Overclocked (3-DS) & DeSu2 (DS) -as well as- SMT: Soul Hackers on pre-order...

...have ya played/can ya tell me anything about any of those?

Oh yeah - the only "SH" game that I haven't played yet is the prequel, Koudelka...and she's in the backlog, too  8)

insektmute

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2013, 04:29:06 pm »
I also really liked the SMT games that I've played, so far (Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, Persona 3 & 4, and Nocturne).

I already have (and need to get to:) Persona: Revelations (PS1 & PSP), Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1), and Persona: Innocent Sin (on the PSP), Strange Journey (DS), Devil Survivor: Overclocked (3-DS) & DeSu2 (DS) -as well as- SMT: Soul Hackers on pre-order...

...have ya played/can ya tell me anything about any of those?

Oh yeah - the only "SH" game that I haven't played yet is the prequel, Koudelka...and she's in the backlog, too  8)

Coming from the more recent games as you are, most of those - esp. Persona and Persona 2 - will be a little bit of a system shock. While they won't be totally unfamiliar, things are generally less refined - much more challenging, fusion system is less user friendly and requires a lot of experimentation, demon recruitment can be pretty frustrating, and a lot of the answers that work really make NO sense at all, and collecting and exchanging rumors (which weren't part of later games) has a huge impact. Think of earlier Persona games like Nocturne and you'll do alright.

Persona: Revelations is the biggest oddity, in that the localization is pure and utter garbage. Tons of changes to character names and appearances, basically anything to make them non-Japanese, including one who speaks in ebonics. Honestly, probably the worst release Atlus ever produced, but thankfully, the PSP port does not suffer from any of this - if you don't have it yet, get it while you still can, and keep Revelations strictly for collecting.

Devil Survivor 2 isn't drastically difference from the first, so if you liked DS, you'll love it :)

As for Strange Journey, I unfortunately haven't gotten around to playing it yet (argh, backlog), but as with every SMT game, I'm sure it's awesome. From the looks of it, it's a throwback to the very earliest MegaTen games, at least in terms of the perspective you're playing from. Shame we never got them here.

And yeah, Koudelka's on my list too - prices started climbing a bit more than I'd like though, so I keep putting it off. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a near-mint copy under $30 one of these days.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:32:04 pm by insektmute »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2013, 05:37:49 pm »
Thanks, Insektmute!

I also forgot to mention/ask you about the 2 Raidou Kuzunoha Vs' games...play/know anything about them?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2013, 06:32:15 pm »
You two need to get a room.

insektmute

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2013, 07:53:23 pm »
Thanks, Insektmute!

I also forgot to mention/ask you about the 2 Raidou Kuzunoha Vs' games...play/know anything about them?

I picked up the first one a few weeks back, which ran me around $70'ish (ughhh), but I haven't had time to play it. Second game is still on my list, and I think I need the box set with the plushie because it's cute and apparently, I am a sucker for that shit.

You two need to get a room.

Sadly, I suspect we are both big fans of women, likely the scantily clad geek variety, but that aside, the love fest will continue!