Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 275785 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #885 on: November 30, 2015, 09:17:55 pm »
I watched part of the movie Unfinished Business. I think that's how I'm gonna leave it.. unfinished.

No idea how a movie like this can recieve a wide release in 2015.

htimreimer

« Reply #886 on: December 06, 2015, 04:39:18 am »
krampus: if you like films like gremlins, you will love this and that's all i have to say about this, go see it.

doafan

« Reply #887 on: December 13, 2015, 10:30:59 am »
Took my wife and my daughter to the movies to see The Good Dinosaur and it was worthy, the damn movie make me cry like a six years kid at some scenes, in fact I have to deal and explain to my little girl what death means and how important family is also was finally able to see some TV and saw Tropic Thunder, my wife didn't believe that his beloved Robert Downey Jr. was there cause he doesn't looked handsome as at the Iron Man movies and behalf of Christmas saw two movies related to the current season  :P

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #888 on: December 17, 2015, 12:46:44 am »
Rewatched the original Star Wars trilogy (Ain't touching the Prequels) in preparation for The Force Awakens tomorrow.  I haven't watched them in years, but still good fun.

A New Hope - For the start of the series, it's still pretty enjoyable and a good bit of it aged real well.  Hilariously enough, the special edition CGI they added in looks hilariously out of date and mostly add nothing to the movie.  They are so obviously added in, it was like they barely tried. Added far too much of it in this one for sure.  I still like the film.  Lot of iconic moments.

Empire Strikes Back - Still the best by a longshot.  I love the Hoth battle, old, goofy, puppet Yoda, Bespin is cool, and the fight with Vader is good.  It's kinda interesting going back to the lightsaber battles from these times, compared to what they became in the later movies.  Despite lacking the choreography, they still have good weight behind them.

Return of The Jedi - So the ewoks aren't great.  Like they shouldn't be in the movie.  I know they were put in to make it more of a family movie and to lighten things up, but they are the worst.  Cute as they are, it's real dumb that they are able to wipe out an Imperial force.  I know the armor they were is mostly weak to laser blasts, but what use is the armor if it's also weak to rocks and sticks? Why are Storm Troopers so useless! lol  Other than that, I love the Tattoine stuff and kinda everything else other than Ewoks is good.  They really should've just rewrote the whole Endor scene.  Still enjoy it though.

I'm now prepared, I'm ready to be Awakened...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #889 on: December 17, 2015, 12:52:20 am »
Ewoks are kind of stupid. But the Vader/Emperor/Luke scene on the Deathstar is just so dark, and awesome. I think that outweighs it.

« Reply #890 on: December 17, 2015, 02:01:08 am »
Ewoks are kind of stupid. But the Vader/Emperor/Luke scene on the Deathstar is just so dark, and awesome. I think that outweighs it.

I understand they are there to be kinda the levity between all the darkness, but it ends up being this weird juxtaposition and makes the Empire look incompetent and adds nothing to the plot. 

I really think they could've rewrote the entire Endor ground section to be a lot more exciting and feel closer to the movie as a hole.  Add in more Rebels, an intense fight between the Empire and maybe stolen Imperial tech on the Rebel side, have it be a big base storming action scene, coinciding with the star battle above.  At one point, from the speeder bikes earlier, Luke and Leia are lost in the woods, Leia hurt, so they can't go anywhere for now, staying over night, and this is where they have that talk.  Maybe throw in a single Ewok or small Ewok family that come across them, just a helpful little group to get them on their way.  Suddenly Imperials find them at night, with Darth Vader leading them, since he can sense Skywalker.  The Ewoks and Leia escape to find Han, Luke staying to guard their escape, but gives himself up to Vader when she is safe, so that they could have the scene on the Death Star.

I just quickly wrote a better version of Return of the Jedi lol

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #891 on: December 21, 2015, 03:28:58 pm »
I saw Star Wars last Friday.  Wow...

I loved it.

I can't believe this doesn't have it's own topic yet.

pacpix

« Reply #892 on: December 21, 2015, 07:47:12 pm »
I saw Star Wars last Friday.  Wow...

I loved it.

I can't believe this doesn't have it's own topic yet.

I saw it last night, absolutely fantastic!  I was excited, but a bit nervous going in and it completely surpassed my expectations.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #893 on: December 21, 2015, 09:31:07 pm »
Sorry, wrong thread for this post.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:18:59 pm by burningdoom »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #894 on: December 22, 2015, 09:37:57 am »
Finished the Breaking Bad series.
Thumbs up.

Also watched season one of its spin-off series Better Call Saul.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

doafan

« Reply #895 on: December 28, 2015, 04:01:11 pm »
Took my time and enjoyed at home the following titles where without a doubt the Intern and The Angriest Man in Brooklyn where from much my two favorites, my daughter opinion is not the same cause she loved Hotel Transylvania 2 and the worst of all was the one from Jim Carrey, what the hell was the man thinking when I signed for this one, damn.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #896 on: January 02, 2016, 11:10:33 am »

Rented this last night from RedBox.

Pretty damn enjoyable little Elseworlds story. In it, Man-Bat becomes more of a vampire than a bestial Bat, and becomes this world's Batman. Superman is the biological son of Zod. And Wonder Woman is a refugee from the New Gods vs. Apokolips war. The three of them make up this much more prone to violence Justice League. Also, while it's not specifically stated, it looks as if the United States is dominated by Latinos, not sure if that was supposed to be some sort of hidden political commentary or not.

In the story, because of the Justice League's harshness with it's missions, the public starts to distrust the JLA. A mysterious enemy takes advantage of the situation and sets the JLA up as the main suspects in a string of murder cases involving the world's most brilliant scientists. Soon the government comes knocking on the JLA's door looking to take them down, and it's up to this more brutal JLA to clear their names.

VERY Bruce Timm, so fans should really enjoy this! Don't miss it! I plan on adding it to my permanent collection at some point.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:16:00 am by burningdoom »

doafan

« Reply #897 on: January 04, 2016, 12:09:02 pm »
Enjoyed my weekend watching five movies where my wife totally love the movie of Morgan Freeman and my little kid guess that she felt in love with the Home cause he had already seen this one at least six times I didn't had a favorite since all were good enough to keep me in front of the TV  ;D

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 12:10:50 pm by doafan »

« Reply #898 on: January 04, 2016, 06:04:47 pm »
Watched The Hateful Eight on Friday and I generally liked it.  It kinda falls apart once the mystery is revealed, but kinda everything else about the movie is pretty good.  I'm not a huge Tarantino fan, but I feel like most who are will probably dig the movie.  Despite it's crazy dialogue and ensuing violence, it's definitely a more character driven movie than what he's usually done.

telly

« Reply #899 on: January 04, 2016, 11:02:46 pm »
Also saw Star Wars tonight! Really loved it, it was a little long, but other than that fantastic.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery