Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280420 times)

foxhack

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2013, 05:05:31 pm »
Star Trek: The Lens Flare Edition.

Cool movie but it changed so much from the originals that I see why the hardcore Trekkies got so angry with it.

« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2013, 06:02:10 pm »
Wrapped up Gilgamesh last night, and tonight, I think it might be time to revisit Texhnolyze :)

« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2013, 11:09:16 pm »
life of pi
seven psychopaths

jobocan

« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2013, 12:06:48 am »
Star Trek: The Lens Flare Edition.

Cool movie but it changed so much from the originals that I see why the hardcore Trekkies got so angry with it.

Let's be honest here, the hardcore Trekkies would have gotten angry at it no matter what.

brunauss

« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2013, 09:36:14 am »
Oblivion. It was really good.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2013, 11:44:24 am »
Iron man 3 opening tomorrow, already got tickets. Soooo excited!

soera

« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2013, 11:50:36 am »
I havent seen much advertising for it. Whats the main scenario in this one? So far, the first 2 Iron Man movies really didnt have much of an opposing force in there kind of making the movies a little less interesting than they should be. When you see stuff like Hulk vs Abomination, Spidey vs Doc Oc, Wolverine vs Sabretooth ... thats awesome to watch. Iron man really didnt square off with anyone but that boring guy with the whips and his own buddy in another suit ... hopefully this one has a serious opponent.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2013, 04:58:11 pm »
Oblivion. It was really good.

Glad to hear, I'm going to go see it this weekend. It looks like an awesome sci-fi film.

Iron man 3 opening tomorrow, already got tickets. Soooo excited!

How is that?

Notice the release date at the bottom of the poster.

foxhack

« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2013, 06:40:26 pm »
Different regions get the movie earlier. Mexico's getting it this Friday.

I saw Avengers a whole week earlier than the rest of the world. XD

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2013, 06:55:00 pm »

Wow. That makes like no sense, since it's an American made movie. You'd think the home country would get it first.

brunauss

« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2013, 09:15:45 pm »

In addition, the parent food corporation of Red Baron and Freschetta was running a temporary bonus offer on purchasable passes to get tickets. Limit two per household and required four codes, found inside box, to enter at website.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2013, 07:58:38 pm »

Notice the release date at the bottom of the poster.

I know the radio station that's on where I work has been giving away Early Access tickets

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2013, 08:06:05 pm »
I havent seen much advertising for it. Whats the main scenario in this one? So far, the first 2 Iron Man movies really didnt have much of an opposing force in there kind of making the movies a little less interesting than they should be. When you see stuff like Hulk vs Abomination, Spidey vs Doc Oc, Wolverine vs Sabretooth ... thats awesome to watch. Iron man really didnt square off with anyone but that boring guy with the whips and his own buddy in another suit ... hopefully this one has a serious opponent.
well, this time the main enemy is the Mandarin, a terrorist whose DNA has been altered, so now he's some kind of a "super soldier" and he wants to kill the president of the US because just like every other terrorist he hates America... so not really original

the story wasn't all that great, and his opponent wasn't all that spectacular, he's kind of like that guy with the whip, but in general it was a good movie with lots of action and funny moments and cool special effects. If you're not into Iron man and if you didn't like the previous movies, you probably won't like this one either. But I'd still give it a shot, maybe rent it or something.

htimreimer

« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2013, 03:42:35 pm »
last night i watched sin city and it's not as good as everyone says is, it's not terrible film but it dose have one major flaw that no one talks about,
it explains almost nothing about it's world and how it runs, i dont even know what year this movie supposed to take's place in.  i'm supposed to be immersed in the world of sin city but that cant happen when the movie doesn't like to explain its self

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2013, 04:13:14 pm »
last night i watched sin city and it's not as good as everyone says is, it's not terrible film but it dose have one major flaw that no one talks about,
it explains almost nothing about it's world and how it runs, i dont even know what year this movie supposed to take's place in.  i'm supposed to be immersed in the world of sin city but that cant happen when the movie doesn't like to explain its self

It's a fictional tale, it really doesn't matter what year it takes place. They aren't shooting for historical accuracy.