Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280339 times)

blipcs76

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2013, 09:55:06 am »
Just watched A Good Day to Die Hard.  While it was a fun and enjoyable big dumb action movie, it just didn't feel like Die Hard.  The villains were underdeveloped and John McClaine just seemed to be going through the motions.  Willis seemed to be having way more fun in even the last movie, which was also dogged pretty hard by critics.

I will say that the chase scene at in the first act was pretty great.

IMO, they should wrap up the series with one final movie that brings the series back to it's roots.  Make it a smaller scale film, where he's trapped somewhere and must outsmart the bad guys rather than simply Rambo through waves of grunts. 

htimreimer

« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2013, 10:13:37 am »
Just watched A Good Day to Die Hard.  While it was a fun and enjoyable big dumb action movie, it just didn't feel like Die Hard.  The villains were underdeveloped and John McClaine just seemed to be going through the motions.  Willis seemed to be having way more fun in even the last movie, which was also dogged pretty hard by critics.

I will say that the chase scene at in the first act was pretty great.

IMO, they should wrap up the series with one final movie that brings the series back to it's roots.  Make it a smaller scale film, where he's trapped somewhere and must outsmart the bad guys rather than simply Rambo through waves of grunts.
from what i heard, the biggest problem with the movie was marketing and direction, from a marketing standpoint it should be called die hard movie, some die hard fans (sorry for the pun) say that the 4th one was more of a die hard movie then this one. from a critic standpoint it was not wall directed and like you said, its dumb

blipcs76

« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2013, 02:10:05 pm »
Direction was adequate, IMO.  The biggest problem was the writing.  It just didn't feel like John McClaine -- the smartass, wisecracking, fun character was replaced with a grumpy and bland character.  The family backstory was presented poorly.  The villains were really one-dimensional.

I still enjoyed it and would buy it if I found it cheap (I've loved the franchise since I was a kid), but it was certainly a letdown.  If it hadn't been labeled Die Hard, I think my opinions would be much higher, but calling it Die Hard elicits certain expectations.

soera

« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2013, 04:27:12 pm »
Been trying to watch some movies that have been accumulating on my DVR. Snow White and the huntsman - pretty good. I like the way they remade it to the way it is. Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter - ehhh mediocre. The timeline is odd and while some of the action was cool, the rest was pretty blah. Ending came too early too.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2013, 07:35:36 pm »
I was so pumped for the Abraham Lincoln movie. I had read the book and it was awesome. I ran out to see it.  What a turd. I've seen movies after reading the book before, but this was awful. My mom, remembering how much I was looking forward to the movie, bought me the blu ray for Christmas. Now I own this piece of squirrel shit.

soera

« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »
Watched another movie last night. Mama. That was pretty good. I liked it. Going to watch The Collection tonight. Hopefully its good. Made by the people that made the Saw series so it should be. :D

blipcs76

« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2013, 10:58:43 am »
Watched another movie last night. Mama. That was pretty good. I liked it. Going to watch The Collection tonight. Hopefully its good. Made by the people that made the Saw series so it should be. :D

Mama was really well done, but it could have been a lot scarier, IMO.  The Collection was fun, though not nearly as intense as The Collector, which was way more brutal if my memory serves me correctly.

soera

« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2013, 11:52:44 am »
I agree on Mama. The wife, however, kept twitching and jerking around anytime something would pop up.

The collection - Definitely had the gore I enjoyed. Reminded me of the Saw series which is what I was hoping, just really wasnt too happy with the actual ending. It should have been more exacting.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2013, 02:08:43 pm »
It's kind of a big deal:

htimreimer

« Reply #159 on: June 22, 2013, 03:14:18 am »
this has to be one of the best scenes in any movie ever

« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2013, 10:37:37 pm »

soera

« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2013, 02:18:53 am »
Watched a few more movies.

6 degrees of hell - pathetic. Absolutely stupid. No plot, no sense.

Scream 4 - Decent. Even though the gap of time in the movies was big, it felt like it belonged in the series.

Amazing spiderman - Good. Like the new Spiderman ... definitely more fitting than the first. Cant wait to see how the sequels play out.

soera

« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2013, 10:11:40 pm »
Continuing with my thread.

Ghost rider spirit of vengeance - Not as good as the first.

End of watch - Fabulous movie. Ending was too soon however.

Fast N furious Tokyo drift - Not a bad movie but damn, lots and lots of yummy yummy Asian ladies.

scott

« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2013, 12:43:09 am »
Fast N furious Tokyo drift - Not a bad movie but damn, lots and lots of yummy yummy Asian ladies.

I really enjoyed Tokyo Drift. But I watched it years after it came out. And I agree on the ladies, haha.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2013, 10:23:33 am »
Just watched Halloween the resurrection last night. Wasnt bad but wasnt super either. I like the concept of the movie but damn, Myers has more lives than Mario after 3-1.