Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280204 times)

soera

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #225 on: October 15, 2013, 01:52:28 am »
Just watched Iron man 3. Was very entertaining and it has me hyped for the next installment of the movies.

scott

« Reply #226 on: October 18, 2013, 02:54:13 pm »
Rented Pacific Rim last night and watched it again. It's still as good as when I saw it in the theater, but I still wish we had seen more action with the Russians and Chinese Jaegers.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #227 on: October 18, 2013, 02:55:26 pm »
Just watched Iron man 3. Was very entertaining and it has me hyped for the next installment of the movies.

Better hype down. Robert Downey Jr. said he won't be returning for any more Iron Man movies. Although he did say he'd return for the Avengers sequel.

I liked it, but I also felt it was the weakest of the 3 Iron Man movies.

soera

« Reply #228 on: October 18, 2013, 03:27:26 pm »
Most of the reason the X-men movies stopped was cause the actors/actresses not wanting to do anymore sequels either. :( Its disappointing.

« Reply #229 on: October 18, 2013, 05:37:43 pm »
I've been rewatching Chobits, which is both adorable, sweet, and totally hilarious. Every time I mention my love for the show, I get crap for it being a "girls" anime, though :p

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #230 on: October 18, 2013, 07:37:29 pm »
Most of the reason the X-men movies stopped was cause the actors/actresses not wanting to do anymore sequels either. :( Its disappointing.

The next X-Men movie is supposed to have a time-travel plot that has both the original movie trilogy X-Men team, and the First Class X-Men team. Sounds interesting, to say the least. Can't wait to see a young, badass Magneto meet Wolverine.

soera

« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2013, 01:53:14 am »
I hope you arent teasing me!

As far as the thread itself, I watched curse of Chucky last night ... ehhhh it was par for the course. Nothing new, nothing special. Same ole Chucky. If you are a fan of the series, it works. If not, dont bother.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #232 on: October 21, 2013, 07:20:39 pm »

Starring Liam Neeson (Taken, Batman Begins, Clash of the Titans), directed by Sam Raimi (Evil Dead movies and Spider-Man movies). And it even looked great, visually.

So you'd think it would have been a great movie.

It wasn't. All the characters were cardboard cut-outs with no depth at all. And frankly, the decisions they made in the film made absolutely no sense. So it was hard to take any of it seriously.

Skip this one.

scott

« Reply #233 on: October 21, 2013, 07:36:47 pm »
Hmm. I may have to revisit it. I remember really liking it as a kid.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #234 on: October 21, 2013, 07:40:07 pm »

Starring Liam Neeson (Taken, Batman Begins, Clash of the Titans), directed by Sam Raimi (Evil Dead movies and Spider-Man movies). And it even looked great, visually.

So you'd think it would have been a great movie.

It wasn't. All the characters were cardboard cut-outs with no depth at all. And frankly, the decisions they made in the film made absolutely no sense. So it was hard to take any of it seriously.

Skip this one.

You didn't like Darkman?  Next thing you'll tell me is Hudson Hawk was no good.

foxhack

« Reply #235 on: October 21, 2013, 09:09:56 pm »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #236 on: October 21, 2013, 09:42:17 pm »

honestly I'll put this up there with Devil May Cry(to me one of the best) as far as Anime Adaptions of video games and by far the best of the tales series of anime

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #237 on: October 22, 2013, 12:35:14 am »

Pretty good if you're into anthologies. It really captured the feel of those old horror comics. Perfect for Halloween viewing.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #238 on: October 26, 2013, 10:05:50 pm »

I just got back from my dad's house where I saw this.

The movie goes by a few titles, actually: "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie", "Don't Open the Window", and the title this particular copy went by "The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue".

The main-characters

Better than I expected actually. A great little zombie flick, especially considering the time of it's release (1973). A bit gorier than I expected, for the same reason. But I guess this was when Texas Chainsaw Massacre had just scared the piss out of everyone.

The beginning was a little slow to get into, but once things start happening, it's a pretty cool movie that delivers some great zombie scenes and gore scenes. And it's British (but I don't mind British horror movies).

Local farmers start using a new "envirnmentally safe" pest-control technology that uses ultra-sonic waves. It's designed to work on simple nervouse systems only, and drives the pests to kill each other. But unknown to everyone, it's also waking the local dead.

Once the first murder or two happens, two travellers passing through are pegged for the murders. Of course the police don't believe their story of the walking dead. The movie follows the two characters trying to escape the grip of the police and trying to survive the horror of the flesh-eating fiends.

If you're into zombie flicks, this one is worth checking out.

scott

« Reply #239 on: October 28, 2013, 08:09:01 pm »
Grease.

I can't help it, I really like that movie and most of the music in it. Plus Olivia Newton John is smoking hot at the end.