Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280745 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #345 on: December 21, 2013, 02:42:06 pm »
I just finished watching G.I. Joe Retaliation. It wasn't nearly as bad as I'd heard. I liked it for what it was; check your brain at the door, mindless action.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #346 on: December 21, 2013, 03:40:41 pm »
I just finished watching G.I. Joe Retaliation. It wasn't nearly as bad as I'd heard. I liked it for what it was; check your brain at the door, mindless action.

I didn't like it. It felt like they made it just to glorify The Rock. They even pushed out a few of the essential Joes that might've stolen his spotlight at the beginning. And I did enjoy the first G.I. Joe movie, as cheesy as it was.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 06:23:20 pm by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #347 on: December 21, 2013, 04:31:35 pm »

I didn't like it. It felt like they made it just to glorify The Rock. They even pushed a few of the essential Joes that might've stolen his spotlight at the beginning. And I did enjoy the first G.I. Joe movie, as cheesy as it was.

I never watched GI Joe as a kid, so I don't know anything about the Joes. I just like watching shit blow up

pacpix

« Reply #348 on: December 22, 2013, 12:38:18 am »

I didn't like it. It felt like they made it just to glorify The Rock. They even pushed a few of the essential Joes that might've stolen his spotlight at the beginning. And I did enjoy the first G.I. Joe movie, as cheesy as it was.

I never watched GI Joe as a kid, so I don't know anything about the Joes. I just like watching shit blow up

Yeah, that was about what I got out of the movie too.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

soera

« Reply #349 on: December 26, 2013, 04:18:40 pm »
Watched a couple more horror movies.

Haunting at silver falls. Really been waiting to see this one (every Redbox in my area has been out of this movie for weeks). Was worth the wait. The concept of the movie was really well done and the ending was most deserving of the storyline.
Insidious 2. I dont know if I have ever seen the first one but I may have to find a way to watch it. This movie was pretty good. Also like the way the ending left open a chance for possibly a 3rd movie in the series.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #350 on: December 29, 2013, 12:45:25 pm »
Anchorman 2

I wished I hadn't spent the money on it, afterwards. Doesn't even come close to touching the first movie. They were just trying way too hard. Everything came off over-the-top, and yes, I realize that's how the first film was. But this time, it was just too much all the time.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #351 on: December 29, 2013, 05:47:44 pm »
Anime: Cowboy Bebop: Ballad Of Fallen Angels

Around 20 minutes of epic.  Remaining ten minutes were break or commercials.  I need to get this anime series.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #352 on: December 29, 2013, 07:00:16 pm »
Anime: Cowboy Bebop: Ballad Of Fallen Angels

Around 20 minutes of epic.  Remaining ten minutes were break or commercials.  I need to get this anime series.

I believe Funamation's doing a re-release soon

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #353 on: December 31, 2013, 12:12:41 am »
The '80s is the greatest decade in cinematic history.

Prove me wrong.

-Aliens
-Back to the Future Trilogy
-Batman
-Beastmaster
-Blade Runner
-Bloodsport
-The Breakfast Club
-Clash of the Titans
-Conan the Barbarian
-Conan the Destroyer
-Day of the Dead
-Die Hard
-Dune
-The Empire Strikes Back
-E.T.: The Extra-Terrestial
-First Blood
-The Fly
-Friday the 13th Series
-Fright Night
-Ghostbusters 1 & 2
-The Goonies
-The Great Outdoors
-Heavy Metal
-Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
-Inner Space
-Legend
-Lethal Weapon
-Lionheart
-The Lost Boys
-Masters of the Universe (yep, I put it here...what?)
-Monster Squad
-The Neverending Story
-A Nightmare on Elm Street Series
-Planes, Trains, & Automobiles
-Predator
-The Princess Bride
-Poltergeist
-Rambo
-Return of the Jedi
-Return of the Living Dead
-Revenge of the Nerds
-Robocop
-Spaceballs
-Star Trek 2-5
-Superman II
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
-Terminator
-Uncle Buck
-Under Siege
-Weird Science
-Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
-Willow

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #354 on: January 01, 2014, 01:45:44 am »
Iron Man: The Rise of Technovore

Pretty good little animated movie. Lots of action, great animation, and a good (albeit not great) comic book story. It's really the action sequences, more than anything that stands out here. And the artwork has just a bit of a Japanese Anime flavor to it, but completely has that smooth American animation with lots of movement unlike most Japanese anime. And the artwork is stunning for an animated movie.

I definitely recommend it to any fans of the comics or the movie even (although there isn't as much humor here as there is in the movies).

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #355 on: January 01, 2014, 03:04:26 pm »
I just finished watching Planes with The Boy. It was fun. I like Disney cartoons, though. It's a guilty pleasure I never outgrew.

« Reply #356 on: January 01, 2014, 03:07:59 pm »
I just finished watching Planes with The Boy. It was fun. I like Disney cartoons, though. It's a guilty pleasure I never outgrew.

agreed. it was a nice feel good underdog family movie.
turbo is also worth a watch.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #357 on: January 15, 2014, 09:33:47 pm »

I saw this at Goodwill the other day. Because this was being talked about in a positive light not too long ago, I decided to give it another go since I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. Maybe I'd enjoy something now I didn't understand then.

But no, it was still downright terrible. Not a redeeming quality about it, IMO. So incredibly bad. It was like the people making the movie, really didn't want to make a Mario Bros. movie. So they took their own script, and tried to tweek Mario stuff into it the best they could (which was terribly). Nothing resembled the video games, the cartoon, or even the comics except for Mario himself.

What's the most ironic thing about it is that there were some decent actors in it, yet the acting was still horrible.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #358 on: January 15, 2014, 11:57:31 pm »
Trust the fungus!

Finally saw tED a few days ago...  Pretty funny.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #359 on: January 19, 2014, 12:02:38 am »
Elysium

Well-made and some cool looking stuff in it. But the story was a little boring.