Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280335 times)

bobster

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #480 on: May 07, 2014, 09:29:14 am »
Today, me and my sister watched Child's Play. I find myself rewatching movies rather than watching newer movies, and it's no exception here. Once The Grand Budapest Hotel gets a BD release, I'll download it. Not many films in the past few years have interested me, and the ones that do, I usually skip out on.
The Grand Budapest Hotel is a great film. I am a big Wes Anderson fan though, so I might be a bit biased.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

spac316

« Reply #481 on: May 07, 2014, 10:16:40 pm »
Just watched Kick-Ass 2 the other night. It was adequately entertaining but not as good as the first.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #482 on: May 08, 2014, 01:06:51 am »
Kind of getting into Black Lagoon...  Been wanting to watch anime in Japanese recently, I should find the time to watch them as such.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #483 on: May 08, 2014, 04:49:15 am »
Kind of getting into Black Lagoon...  Been wanting to watch anime in Japanese recently, I should find the time to watch them as such.

I really liked Black Lagoon, the dub was good for it too I thought.  I actually need to buy the OVA they released after the final season as I only watched it with subs on and in poor quality.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #484 on: May 08, 2014, 06:55:44 am »
I got around to watching Log Horizon. Not bad for an anime about people getting stuck in a MMORPG.

« Reply #485 on: May 08, 2014, 04:49:40 pm »
I got around to watching Log Horizon. Not bad for an anime about people getting stuck in a MMORPG.

I got about 6 or 7 episodes into that before think it was pretty bad lol It's just boring, there doesn't seem to be any real threat in it compared to Sword Art Online, even though they try and make the fights and death seem very important, but aren't in the slightest.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #486 on: May 08, 2014, 08:26:38 pm »

I got about 6 or 7 episodes into that before think it was pretty bad lol It's just boring, there doesn't seem to be any real threat in it compared to Sword Art Online, even though they try and make the fights and death seem very important, but aren't in the slightest.

It does pick up a bit and they do find out there is a bit of a penalty for dying. But I feel I get more of what I was looking forin Log Horizon than Sword Art which was people adapting to the world and even though it wasn't gone over much I feel you're going to see people become split over leaving and staying in that world.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #487 on: May 10, 2014, 01:34:22 am »
As far as movies go, I saw The Hobbit: The Unexpected Journey.  I want to read, purchase, and collect The Lord Of Rings hardcover series so badly now!  To know what's the differences between the book and movie...

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #488 on: May 10, 2014, 04:47:54 pm »
Movie: rewatched Amazing Spiderman again
Anime: Just picked up the Shuffle! complete series so planning to marathon through that again this weekend.

karyann

« Reply #489 on: May 12, 2014, 11:03:44 am »
I just finished season 4 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic yesterday, the last episode was so awesome!  ;D

blipcs76

« Reply #490 on: May 13, 2014, 10:29:14 am »
Just finished watching Breaking Bad last night.  What a fantastic series; one of the best I've ever seen and the finale was not a letdown, as many epic shows like this tend to be.

« Reply #491 on: May 15, 2014, 03:00:33 pm »
Just finished watching Breaking Bad last night.  What a fantastic series; one of the best I've ever seen and the finale was not a letdown, as many epic shows like this tend to be.
Wholeheartedly agreed, it really is incredible. I've watched the whole thing 3 times, it doesn't get old.

Anyhow, I bought and watched Akira on Bluray yesterday, and it's definitely the best release of it I've ever seen. 10/10, worth the $20.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #492 on: May 15, 2014, 03:33:07 pm »
Wholeheartedly agreed, it really is incredible. I've watched the whole thing 3 times, it doesn't get old.

Anyhow, I bought and watched Akira on Bluray yesterday, and it's definitely the best release of it I've ever seen. 10/10, worth the $20.

I still have the original VHS release.

« Reply #493 on: May 15, 2014, 04:15:52 pm »

I still have the original VHS release.
I've been looking for a copy of that and the Evangelion series on VHS. No luck around here so far :(

« Reply #494 on: May 15, 2014, 10:01:16 pm »
Just saw Godzilla in theater and it was super awesome.  They did the big Zilla pretty well.