Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280258 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #510 on: June 03, 2014, 02:38:38 am »
And actually fixed, because I don't spell check at night lol Man...I think I need to watch Kung Fu Hustle tonight lol

blipcs76

« Reply #511 on: June 03, 2014, 09:39:54 am »
Recent movies I've seen:

Theaters:
X-Men Days of Future Past -- I really liked this film.  They throw just enough action at you to make it never get boring, and the story and characters are great.  Could have used more time with the future mutants though, since they didn't get proper introductions.  But worth price of admission for Quicksilver's scenes alone.

Godzilla -- Torn on this one.  I love how they handled Godzilla, but wish they had swapped Cranston's character with his son.  The lead actor was too serious and boring to carry the bulk of the movie on his shoulders.  But the final battle was amazing and totally fun!

At home:
Kick Ass 2 -- A decent sequel to the original.  Took way too long to resolve the Hit Girl side story, but it was a pretty fun ride.

This is the End -- Started out great.  Fun banter between the 'characters' and seeing them interact as real people.  After the 'end' starts, it lost much of it's charm and became about these guys whining and bickering with each other.

Anime:
Kill La Kill -- A series people really seem to love, but I'm having a hard time getting into it.  About 5 episodes in right now and I'll check out a few more before I decide to continue or not.
Sword Art Online -- Really interesting premise in this series.  It's starting to get a little dull though as it falls into too many anime stereotypes I've seen countless times before.

abe

« Reply #512 on: June 04, 2014, 01:04:57 pm »
Kill La Kill -- A series people really seem to love, but I'm having a hard time getting into it.  About 5 episodes in right now and I'll check out a few more before I decide to continue or not.

I also tried to get into Kill la Kill, I kinda lost motivation around episode 7, and I'm not sure when I'll get around to it again. It's certainly one of the most unique anime series to have come out for a while, but it just hasn't hooked me yet.

Right now I'm reaaaally enjoying watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders. It's just as good as, if not even better than last year's adaptation of the first two parts of the manga series. Everything about it is just so well done, the art, the music, the story, the characters. Just a fair warning though, if you really get into the series, you're going to end up wanting to buy the new PS3 game, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle.  ;)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #513 on: June 04, 2014, 01:06:50 pm »
NeverEnding Story 2. It sucked. Stick with the original.

« Reply #514 on: June 05, 2014, 03:40:17 am »
Started watching the anime Fairy Tale.  Wasn't sure what I was expecting other than something kinda similar to One Piece, which it does seem to share a lot with beyond its style, but it's not bad.  It's very entertaining and goofy.  I might've finally found another anime to keep me busy as I've caught up on all the other things i've wanted to watch.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #515 on: June 08, 2014, 12:52:42 am »
X-Men: Days of Future Past

***SPOILERS AHEAD!!!****

Freaking awesome! I loved it! Great story, great special effects, great characters, and it wasn't completely focused on Wolverine! And the actors did a superb job. Loved the choice of mutants we saw in the future, too. Blink looked great! And that final after-credit scene: freaking APOCALYPSE!!! (How awesome would it be if it was "Age of Apocalypse?) Better than all that, Brett Ratner's screwing-up of the franchise has now been erased thanks to the fixed timeline! Quicksilver was great. I loved the scenes with him in. The little tie-in to X-Men Origins: Wolverine with Stryker was cool.

My one problem with it: How did Professor Xavier survive his death in X-Men 3 (before Wolverine changed the timeline)?

« Reply #516 on: June 08, 2014, 01:31:02 am »
Edge of Tomorrow wasn't that bad.  I wasn't sure if it was gonna be good or not, but it's a pretty solid scifi action flick.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #517 on: June 08, 2014, 08:49:59 pm »
Neverending Story II was all right, compared to Neverending Story III

Watched a little bit of Half Baked yesterday at my aunt & uncle's downstairs entertainment room and forgot that I was attending their baby grandson's birthday.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #518 on: June 11, 2014, 02:04:31 pm »
Watched the animated "Son of Batman" movie.

Not as good as all the hype would suggest. It looked cool, I mean had good artwork and animation and everything. But Damien Wayne was SUCH a brat. I understand that was probably the point, but since most of the movie revolved around him; it was a big turn-off for me.

90snostalga

« Reply #519 on: June 11, 2014, 04:26:26 pm »

Watched a little bit of Half Baked yesterday at my aunt & uncle's downstairs entertainment room and forgot that I was attending their baby grandson's birthday.[/font]

I'm a master of the custodian arts.  Well it's a janitor if you want to be a **** about it   lol  ;) sorry I thought that line was so funny.  I got to watch that movie again

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #520 on: June 11, 2014, 04:39:19 pm »

Watched a little bit of Half Baked yesterday at my aunt & uncle's downstairs entertainment room and forgot that I was attending their baby grandson's birthday.[/font]

I'm a master of the custodian arts.  Well it's a janitor if you want to be a **** about it   lol  ;) sorry I thought that line was so funny.  I got to watch that movie again

One of my all-time favorite comedies. Never gets old.

« Reply #521 on: June 14, 2014, 08:52:46 pm »
How to Train Your Dragon 2 - I thought it was pretty fun, still a good family film that entertains pretty well. I think this and Kung Fu Panda are kinda the highlights for Dreamworks to me.

abe

« Reply #522 on: June 14, 2014, 10:33:15 pm »
Just watched Hot Shots! Part Deux on Netflix. It's been a long time since I've watched a movie that funny. If you like parodies of other movies and haven't already seen this one, you should check it out. A few of the movies it makes fun of/makes reference to include Rambo, Apocalypse Now, Star Wars, and Terminator 2.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #523 on: June 16, 2014, 09:23:46 pm »
Dazed and Confused
all I can say about it is...

Alright, Alright, Alright

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #524 on: June 24, 2014, 08:23:12 pm »
I don't know if it counts, but I watched Metallica: Through the Never on Netflix. Damn, I wish I had gone to see this in IMAX. This would have been awesome. If you like live music, this is a badass show.