Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280220 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #585 on: August 01, 2014, 11:01:52 pm »
Yeah I looked up Drax and he's apparently green originally? Guess they figured they didn't want two green people up on screen, cause you would totally mix up Drax and Gamora lol
What? Drax is green in the movie too. I meant his backstory, it's pretty different in the comics - Rocket Raccoon's too.

I really hope that when the movie hits home video they include a commentary track with the main cast. I really want to see everyone make fun of Bradley Cooper.

I don't know anything about the characters lol I had never heard of Guardians till they announced the movie.  And Drax is grey in the movie.

foxhack

« Reply #586 on: August 01, 2014, 11:25:28 pm »
I don't know anything about the characters lol I had never heard of Guardians till they announced the movie.  And Drax is grey in the movie.

... he's green. He's just a dark green, not glow in the dark green like Gamora.

« Reply #587 on: August 01, 2014, 11:41:36 pm »

... he's green. He's just a dark green, not glow in the dark green like Gamora.

It's not dark green, but looking at his toy, it has an extremely mild shade of green, but it looks grey on screen lol

90snostalga

« Reply #588 on: August 02, 2014, 03:04:37 am »
Mobile Suit Gundam the very first movie on VHS.

« Reply #589 on: August 05, 2014, 03:31:58 am »
I begin my Turtles marathon this week, leading up to the new movie on Thursday, by starting out with the first movie.  As cheesy and silly as it is, I still think it's really fun.  The action is great, the few big fight scenes are both funny and entertaining, and I still just feel like a kid when I watch it.  It's not without its faults though and I think it's kinda something that could be comparable to the new movie coming up.  I feel the new one has sorta lost it from the start just on the Turtles designs, but complaints made about changes to the origins and such, might not be the worst thing as they did in the first movie.  Splinters origin is different from the original cartoon and it makes little sense when you think about it.  Shredder is kind of a shitty villain who only has like two big moments, the best at the end, and he gets "killed off" rather poorly.  Also bad soundtrack for it.  No turtles theme or at least a new memorable one, and there isn't anything licensed for the film? A bad rap song for the ending? Yeesh...

It's gotten me to tune my expectations of what I hope to get out of the new movie.  I still don't think it'll be great, there's so much that is looking to fail, but we'll see...Honestly, knowing the next two movies, it's possible the new movie might not be the worst Turtles movie lol
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:34:08 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #590 on: August 05, 2014, 05:16:11 am »
And I couldn't sleep, so watched TMNT 2...And this was worse than I remember lol In some ways, they were on the right track, making the movie more about the turtles, the ooze, having mutants show up, but in the process, they dumbed the entire movie down.  Instead of some genuinely funny moments and actually good fighting, we instead get shenanigans and goofball antics.  No longer are they stealthy ninjas trying not to be seen, but they just run blindly into every fight like they were called onto stage.  The suits don't look as good, the mutants they brought in were dumb, Shredder is once again a joke and doesn't even get a fight...Wow, this was just plain bad.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #591 on: August 05, 2014, 12:01:35 pm »
^ As a kid, I always thought the movies didn't hold a candle to the cartoon or comics. The first one was the best one, but still not as good as the show and comics.

« Reply #592 on: August 05, 2014, 04:13:36 pm »
^ As a kid, I always thought the movies didn't hold a candle to the cartoon or comics. The first one was the best one, but still not as good as the show and comics.

For sure, I still really love the first movie though...It sucks that TMNT2 is worse than I remember which might make TMNT 3 even worse than I remember and I already remember it to be poor lol

« Reply #593 on: August 05, 2014, 08:50:19 pm »
I already talked about Dragonball Z: Battle of Gods before I think here, thinking it was a goofy and fun, but mostly weak movie, that had a big impact on the DBZ future.  Tonight I went and saw it in theater and though it's a great looking movie for sure, I generally still think that, but watching it with the dub greatly improved the experience.  It's still infinitely better with the english voice actors and it helped the theater was more packed than the big budget flicks I've seen recently lol  If you are a DBZ fan, it's worth watching once in theater for sure if you can get to a showing since it is a limited release.

scott

« Reply #594 on: August 05, 2014, 09:07:49 pm »
Just finished up Full Metal Alchemist again, the original series. Love this show. But man do I not really care for the finale movie, Conqueror of Shambala.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

abe

« Reply #595 on: August 05, 2014, 09:12:02 pm »
Just finished up Full Metal Alchemist again, the original series. Love this show. But man do I not really care for the finale movie, Conqueror of Shambala.

Really? I didn't think it was that bad, at least it gave the first TV series some closure. Have you watched Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos? If you have, what did you think of that one?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

scott

« Reply #596 on: August 05, 2014, 09:45:23 pm »
Not yet, I've only seen maybe half of Brotherhood. I need to pick it up, but never have the cash to drop on it when I see it. I do really like Brotherhood though too.

I dunno, Shambala just seemed kinda "eh" to me. The part where he's back in his world is too short, Mustang is a little mopey baby for most of it, and I don't like that Al dressed like Ed. If it would have been more Alchemy and less pre-WWII I'd prolly have liked it better. Plus, it still left us with a cliff hanger anyway and the whole thing with the bomb should have been wrapped up in the "real world" story.

edit... DINGO 5,000 forum posts!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

90snostalga

« Reply #597 on: August 06, 2014, 06:37:08 am »
Mobile Suit Gundam 2 the movie on vhs

foxhack

« Reply #598 on: August 06, 2014, 07:18:35 pm »
I already talked about Dragonball Z: Battle of Gods before I think here, thinking it was a goofy and fun, but mostly weak movie, that had a big impact on the DBZ future.  Tonight I went and saw it in theater and though it's a great looking movie for sure, I generally still think that, but watching it with the dub greatly improved the experience.  It's still infinitely better with the english voice actors and it helped the theater was more packed than the big budget flicks I've seen recently lol  If you are a DBZ fan, it's worth watching once in theater for sure if you can get to a showing since it is a limited release.

... wait, what? You saw it in a theater?

... it was out down here a year ago. In theaters. What the hell took them so long to make an English dub? We had a Spanish dub ready in like two hours. :p

« Reply #599 on: August 07, 2014, 12:30:05 am »

... wait, what? You saw it in a theater?

... it was out down here a year ago. In theaters. What the hell took them so long to make an English dub? We had a Spanish dub ready in like two hours. :p

Yeah but it was probably a garbage dub if they just rushed it out lol I have no clue why it took them a year to get it out from the Japanese release.

Tonight I finished the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies with the third one and...I don't think it's as awful as I originally thought.  It's certainly not a good movie, the dialogue is still terrible, the story is lame, the turtles and splinter look even worse, but compared to the second film, there isn't as much goofy shenanigan bullshit to annoy me and there's some actually fighting this time.  I would rate it just slightly higher than the second film, but neither one is one I would recommend.

With that new perspective, I see the new TMNT movie tonight...