Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280308 times)

spac316

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #645 on: August 27, 2014, 03:36:09 am »
Just watched Thor: Dark World. It was good!

davifus

« Reply #646 on: August 27, 2014, 11:48:48 pm »
Aldnoah.Zero... Great OP & ED
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

spac316

« Reply #647 on: August 31, 2014, 04:55:04 am »
Watched the Robocop remake. It was pretty good.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #648 on: August 31, 2014, 11:21:53 am »
Watched the Robocop remake. It was pretty good.

I couldn't stand it. Robocop came off as whiney to me, and it was definitely missing that hard-edge that the original had.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #649 on: August 31, 2014, 04:16:40 pm »
Clerks The First Cut- the original version of the movie. kinda wish they at least remastered the audio cause the music sounds really bad, but it was neat seeing the differences between the original and theatrical version

90snostalga

« Reply #650 on: August 31, 2014, 04:19:00 pm »
Clerks The First Cut- the original version of the movie. kinda wish they at least remastered the audio cause the music sounds really bad, but it was neat seeing the differences between the original and theatrical version

While I am a huge fan of Clearks 2 and I consider it a personal favorite, I did not like the first one. I could not handle it in black and white but it was great to know the beginning of the Clerks story.

« Reply #651 on: August 31, 2014, 11:22:24 pm »
Anyone else get abit annoyed with "sexy humor" in some animes? The cheap fan service type stuff where the lead guy accidentally grabs a girls boob or accidentally sees a panty shot or something and then gets called a perv for happening to see it...Pander all you want, but at least be interesting about it.  The only recent fan service stuff I've seen in recent years that worked was like Highschool of the Dead or Kill La Kill, where it's so ridiculously over the top, it's actually funny.

I say this trying to watch this new anime called Rail Wars.  It's basically a pretty average story about a group of students joining a train line security team (set in an alternate timeline where the railways were never privatized), and how it's basically kinda like one of those club animes, but with action in it.  The story seems kinda interesting, lots of train love and what not, but then you get like you get very obvious boob shots and how two of the main characters have huge tits and there's accidental panty shots and falling and grabbing boobs and the lead guy gets called a perv within the first two minutes of the show before the intro even kicks in.  I know it's probably because it's just directed at 12 to 14 year old boys, but it really just feels like lazy padding mostly that hinders something that could be a generally entertaining show as every time it happens and it happens during "serious" moments at least within the first two episodes, it just simply annoys me.

davifus

« Reply #652 on: August 31, 2014, 11:37:03 pm »
Anyone else get abit annoyed with "sexy humor" in some animes? The cheap fan service type stuff where the lead guy accidentally grabs a girls boob or accidentally sees a panty shot or something and then gets called a perv for happening to see it...Pander all you want, but at least be interesting about it.  The only recent fan service stuff I've seen in recent years that worked was like Highschool of the Dead or Kill La Kill, where it's so ridiculously over the top, it's actually funny.

I say this trying to watch this new anime called Rail Wars.  It's basically a pretty average story about a group of students joining a train line security team (set in an alternate timeline where the railways were never privatized), and how it's basically kinda like one of those club animes, but with action in it.  The story seems kinda interesting, lots of train love and what not, but then you get like you get very obvious boob shots and how two of the main characters have huge tits and there's accidental panty shots and falling and grabbing boobs and the lead guy gets called a perv within the first two minutes of the show before the intro even kicks in.  I know it's probably because it's just directed at 12 to 14 year old boys, but it really just feels like lazy padding mostly that hinders something that could be a generally entertaining show as every time it happens and it happens during "serious" moments at least within the first two episodes, it just simply annoys me.

Rail wars is alright.  I overlook on most cliche fan service. I actually enjoy the somewhat deluded plot of a trainwreck. After watching so many shows I get used to it. It can be annoying but its the not over the top to point where it becomes a fap material than a show. I disagree with it being directed toward 12 to 14 year olds.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:40:14 pm by davifus »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #653 on: September 01, 2014, 12:22:21 am »

Rail wars is alright.  I overlook on most cliche fan service. I actually enjoy the somewhat deluded plot of a trainwreck. After watching so many shows I get used to it. It can be annoying but its the not over the top to point where it becomes a fap material than a show. I disagree with it being directed toward 12 to 14 year olds.

I think I've built up an immunity to to. either that or I've most likely have come across much worse so it just doesn't bother me.

Besides Boob jokes are basically Japanese Dick jokes

davifus

« Reply #654 on: September 01, 2014, 12:28:18 am »

I think I've built up an immunity to to. either that or I've most likely have come across much worse so it just doesn't bother me.

Besides Boob jokes are basically Japanese Dick jokes

Yeah, it almost weird if we dont get any boob jokes. A lot of Great shows this season anyway.

maximo310

« Reply #655 on: September 01, 2014, 01:22:47 am »
Troll 2... again. I really need to stay away from that movie.

« Reply #656 on: September 01, 2014, 01:26:24 am »
Not like I'm bothered by it, I just haven't seen it in awhile and it feels so forced any more. I'm totally fine with characters with big breasts or being too sexy or whatever, but here it just seems like "Okay, we have an alright setting and story, but our characters are bland stereotypes, what can we do? Awkward perv jokes! Genius!" I guess it is pretty standard in anime, but it's like I've gone through having so much good stuff lately that watching something rather subpar has reminded me there is alot of poor anime out there lol

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #657 on: September 01, 2014, 01:58:48 am »
I've watched The Lord Of The Rings movies again that I don't recall how many times I've seen the movies...  Basically, I've become such a fan that I decided to read the books.  Finished The Hobbit a couple of months ago and more than a quarter past The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring.

Not a bad achievement, in my opinion.

Anime-wise...  I was really anticipating episode 3 of Gurren Lagann but Toonami aired an Attack On Titan Marathon instead.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

davifus

« Reply #658 on: September 01, 2014, 02:09:51 am »
I've watched The Lord Of The Rings movies again that I don't recall how many times I've seen the movies...  Basically, I've become such a fan that I decided to read the books.  Finished The Hobbit a couple of months ago and more than a quarter past The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring.

Anime-wise...  I was really anticipating episode 3 of Gurren Lagann but Toonami aired an Attack On Titan Marathon instead.

Gurren lagann was really good and AoT is alright. I like toonami but English dubs... gross. The only show I can enjoy English dub is dragon ballz and I cant stand the jap dub of it.

« Reply #659 on: September 01, 2014, 02:41:36 am »

Gurren lagann was really good and AoT is alright. I like toonami but English dubs... gross. The only show I can enjoy English dub is dragon ballz and I cant stand the jap dub of it.

The Japanese dub is terrible.  I don't get why they thought it was a good idea to keep Goku sounding like a little kid.  The recent Battle of Gods movie in theater in English? GLORIOUS...

I rarely find dubs that don't work for me, at least these days I don't, as it's generally better now I feel than what it use to be, though I find it abit hard to go from the Japanese audio to the english dub on shows.  I was fine with what I heard of the AOT dub.  Seemed good to me.

Got two shows I'm gonna look at next, Aldnoah Zero and Akame ga Kill, another two higher up on the popularity list right now.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:44:06 am by kamikazekeeg »