Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280621 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #690 on: September 24, 2014, 04:32:09 pm »
Being at an Anime convention all weekend really reminded me that I need to try watching Attack on Titan (if you haven't noticed it is very popular right now). So lucky for me it is on Netflix so I started watching it this morning. I'm four episodes in and it is pretty good thus far, definitely an above average anime. I'm not in love with it yet, but I'm really interested to keep going and see how the rest of the series is.

That's about when the show really starts to switch gears and pick up its pace.  Ocourse it'll have its downtime and slower moments throughout, but that is when the bigger action hits and more of the mystery of the series comes into the plot more and helps to drive everything forward. I really thought it was great.
Are are they going to produce more seasons of attack on titan? All I've heard is some OVA stuff, as well as those live action movies that are coming out this november and next year.

I believe they are waiting on the manga right now which I don't think is far enough ahead for an anime and I read something the other day that the Attack on Titan manga will be finished in about 3 years, so the anime isn't likely to move ahead very quickly.

maximo310

« Reply #691 on: September 24, 2014, 09:47:36 pm »
Being at an Anime convention all weekend really reminded me that I need to try watching Attack on Titan (if you haven't noticed it is very popular right now). So lucky for me it is on Netflix so I started watching it this morning. I'm four episodes in and it is pretty good thus far, definitely an above average anime. I'm not in love with it yet, but I'm really interested to keep going and see how the rest of the series is.

That's about when the show really starts to switch gears and pick up its pace.  Ocourse it'll have its downtime and slower moments throughout, but that is when the bigger action hits and more of the mystery of the series comes into the plot more and helps to drive everything forward. I really thought it was great.
Are are they going to produce more seasons of attack on titan? All I've heard is some OVA stuff, as well as those live action movies that are coming out this november and next year.

I believe they are waiting on the manga right now which I don't think is far enough ahead for an anime and I read something the other day that the Attack on Titan manga will be finished in about 3 years, so the anime isn't likely to move ahead very quickly.
Oh wow, they don't have enough material to work with for the anime right now.  Well, I guess I'll have to probably wait till next year or the year after to maybe see more episodes then.

blipcs76

« Reply #692 on: September 25, 2014, 11:24:05 am »
Watched Captain America:The Winter Soldier. Good flick!

I watched it this weekend too.  Definitely one of the best Marvel movies, IMO.  I LOVE how they've weaved elements of the other movies into it.

« Reply #693 on: October 01, 2014, 06:52:05 am »
Transformers 4...Not too bad.  Better than I expected, certainly better than the first three.  A lot of the obnoxious stuff is gone, Wahlberg is a way better lead, I feel like the action is less jumbled, some of the time that is...Overall it had some good action.  Still lots of what I think is just bad writing and plot convenience that makes no sense.  Like Optimus can fly at one point at the end.  It was never shown that he could before in the movie and his ability to fly could've saved them all a lot of the time.  Also Wahlberg gets an alien gunsword at a certain point that is perfectly sized as a rifle for him...from a ship where the robotic race of transformers are all like twice to three times the size of humans.  This "gun" would've looked like either a deringer pistol or a butter knife in the hands of a transformer lol

I still hate the Transformers designs, but the movies look like they'll be more watchable now I guess.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #694 on: October 01, 2014, 12:17:53 pm »
Watched Captain America:The Winter Soldier. Good flick!

I watched it this weekend too.  Definitely one of the best Marvel movies, IMO.  I LOVE how they've weaved elements of the other movies into it.

I liked the first one a whole lot better. Great period-piece set in the Golden Age with some superb actors.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #695 on: October 08, 2014, 12:53:47 pm »
A Million Ways to Die in the West- fucking hilarious.

gokurin

« Reply #696 on: October 14, 2014, 12:52:22 am »
Sailor Moon.

The original series, not that Crystal abomination.  >:(
".........." -Gordon Freeman

azure

« Reply #697 on: October 21, 2014, 09:54:46 am »
Currently watching Kamen Rider OOO at the moment

cobraseph

« Reply #698 on: October 21, 2014, 05:21:57 pm »
Movie.. Maleficent
Anime currently watching .Hack Roots

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #699 on: November 09, 2014, 07:50:16 pm »
I took The Boy to see Big Hero 6. Damn fine movie. We loved it. I've had a 5 year old flying around ever since we left the theater.

I know it's not like the comic series, but it was good none the less.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #700 on: November 13, 2014, 09:58:15 pm »
Tonight's viewing. I used to LOVE this movie as a kid. But I haven't seen it as an adult. We'll see how my adult mind likes this, as I've heard only bad things from other people.

« Reply #701 on: November 14, 2014, 02:24:51 am »
While these aren't movies, I watched the first season of Gravity Falls, the Disney XD cartoon, and it's pretty fun.  If you are into cartoons, I'd recommend it, just has some good fun humor that isn't the usual stupid kids stuff, some nice consistency between episodes that you don't normally see, and the show I found out has lots of secrets in it that require viewing again or really looking in depth to find them, giving internet busy folks something to work on which I don't think I've really seen done before in cartoons.

Another new cartoon I watched that is an adults cartoon, was Bojack Horseman.  Watched three episodes of it.  I'm gonna pass on it lol I don't think it's that funny.  Second time I've got a recommendation for a cartoon from someone I watch online who said it was funny.  I chuckled a couple times, but I was mostly just kinda bored.  After that and watching that stupid Rick & Morty...I now have to question their tastes in cartoons when they start to recommend stuff lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #702 on: November 15, 2014, 01:05:51 pm »
Tonight's viewing. I used to LOVE this movie as a kid. But I haven't seen it as an adult. We'll see how my adult mind likes this, as I've heard only bad things from other people.

So I finished watching it, and yeah, it's pretty dang terrible. The things that entertained me as a kid. I still think Red Skull looked pretty good for back then, though. That's like the one single good thing I could say about it. Too bad he only kept that look in the terrible WWII sequence.

Funny thing is, apparently my VCR agreed. It ate the tape.

« Reply #703 on: November 15, 2014, 10:58:07 pm »
Just watched Sword Art Online season one and finished it in two days :p I heard mixed reviews about it so I really wanted to watch it and I enjoyed it, but there were a lot of plot holes that bothered me, but then again most animes have those.  I stopped watching after season one not because I don't like subtitles, but because I hate having to wait for new episodes so I'm just gonna wait until their done making them and watch it all straight through again :)  but anyway I'd recommend it just for the concept, but if you think too much about the story it falls apart so don't do that

davifus

« Reply #704 on: November 15, 2014, 11:02:30 pm »
Just watched Sword Art Online season one and finished it in two days :p I heard mixed reviews about it so I really wanted to watch it and I enjoyed it, but there were a lot of plot holes that bothered me, but then again most animes have those.  I stopped watching after season one not because I don't like subtitles, but because I hate having to wait for new episodes so I'm just gonna wait until their done making them and watch it all straight through again :)  but anyway I'd recommend it just for the concept, but if you think too much about the story it falls apart so don't do that

Give it about 5 weeks then the Season 2 will be over.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)