Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280241 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #705 on: November 22, 2014, 10:46:28 pm »
Big Hero 6 was a lot of fun.  I wasn't sure what to expect, it could've easily been rather generic, but I love the setting which is this weird blend of San Francisco and Tokyo, literally naming the place San FranTokyo and I have no idea why since they don't talk about it, but it's a merging of both cities and with how much I love Japanese design, San Francisco needs to redesign its entire city to be that lol Story is rather predictable with where it goes and ends, but it's a kids super hero flick and it got most things right.

Anyone read the comics? I heard the movie doesn't follow the comics too much, but I'm interested in more of the setting.

« Reply #706 on: November 23, 2014, 10:15:02 am »
Dumb and Dumber To

was eh ok, nothing special.

kr2nist

« Reply #707 on: December 02, 2014, 12:43:01 am »
The last movie I watched was Big Trouble In Little China....a true holiday classic.  LMAO!
kr2nist (old school gamer and very awesome cartoonist!)
Currently owned systems:  XBox 360, XBox One

maximo310

« Reply #708 on: December 02, 2014, 01:25:36 am »
Dumb and Dumber To

was eh ok, nothing special.
Same here. My dad thought it was a great sequel, but they really could have done a better job with the movie than what we got.

« Reply #709 on: December 02, 2014, 05:53:03 am »
Hercules (With Dwayne Johnson) - Better than I expected, which wasn't much, but it's not too bad.  Your basic big greek battle type action and I like that it isn't the usual retelling of Hercules.  Nothing amazing, but good action movie watch if you just want to watch people get the crap kicked out of them by The Rock and his friends lol

kr2nist

« Reply #710 on: December 02, 2014, 08:41:10 am »
Hercules (With Dwayne Johnson) - Better than I expected, which wasn't much, but it's not too bad.  Your basic big greek battle type action and I like that it isn't the usual retelling of Hercules.  Nothing amazing, but good action movie watch if you just want to watch people get the crap kicked out of them by The Rock and his friends lol

It was a good beat-em-up brawler kind of movie with The Rock....which was actually refreshing.  Although I gotta admit it was weird seeing him with a full head of hair and the goatee....  lol!
kr2nist (old school gamer and very awesome cartoonist!)
Currently owned systems:  XBox 360, XBox One

blipcs76

« Reply #711 on: December 02, 2014, 09:56:24 am »
Been slowly going through Deadman Wonderland on Netflix.  Pretty interesting anime and harsh, in the vein of stuff like Elfen Lied or Gantz.

Last night I sat and watched Conan the Destroyer.  I had never seen it all the way through in one sitting before.  Pretty fun movie, but wow the makeup on the wizard was awful. 
Followed it up with Knights of Badassdom on Netflix.  I was hoping the humor would be more aimed at appeasing fantasy fans rather than making fun of them, but it was an enjoyable movie overall.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #712 on: December 02, 2014, 12:20:36 pm »

It was a good beat-em-up brawler kind of movie with The Rock....which was actually refreshing.  Although I gotta admit it was weird seeing him with a full head of hair and the goatee....  lol!

Remember the Elvis chops during the height of the Attitude Era?

« Reply #713 on: January 14, 2015, 01:16:30 am »
The Maze Runner wasn't too bad.  Actually liked it.  Had no expectations going in, these kinda survival movies with teenagers is THE THING now and after Hunter Games which I liked, I didn't really want to see more of these types, but it turned out better than I thought.  You can kinda call a few things out before they happen story wise, but by the end, I was hooked into the overall story and want to see more.  Not sure if I'll delve into the books or not.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #714 on: January 14, 2015, 02:24:51 am »
Watched the majority of The Hobbit: The Unexpected Journey.

Now, to look for the extended version of the movie.  One of the few instances where I read the book before seeing the movie.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

retroone

« Reply #715 on: January 14, 2015, 03:51:56 pm »
I recently saw Hunger Games- Mockingjay Part 1 in theaters
Also I recently I binged watched all 4 Toxic Avenger Movies. (Don't watch 2 and 3 they're just so bad it's funny.)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #716 on: January 14, 2015, 10:10:54 pm »
Bayonetta: Bloody Fate - just like the first game in movie form... and no QTE

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #717 on: January 15, 2015, 12:08:46 pm »
I watched a good chunk of the movie "Be Kind Rewind" with Jack Black on Comedy Central while trying to calm the baby (but not the whole thing). I'm a Jack Black fan and I had never heard of this before. Quite the strange movie. If you like stuff like "Better Off Dead" or "Billy Madison", you should enjoy this one.

There's a hilarious part where all the videos (yeah, VHSes) in the store get erased. And their watching the store while the owner is on vacation. A nark of a customer knows this, and threatens to rat on them if they don't do a good job. So they try and recreate all scenes and remake Ghostbusters incredibly low-budget before she rents it (she hasn't seen it before). Good stuff.

« Reply #718 on: January 30, 2015, 02:25:49 am »
47 Ronin - Not as bad as I was expecting for a movie that is now considered the second worst box office bomb, cause it isn't anything particularly terrible, but man did they just not know what the fuck to do with this.  Keanu Reeves character is so unnecesarily forced in to get a random white dude to be basically the hero of the story for no good reason.  Did anyone not watch something like...Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.  I watched that in the theater when it released and it had subtitles, that movie did 128 million dollars in just the USA alone.  You don't have to have some random white guy forcefully shoved in to a purely Japanese story.

For the most part the movie is just...average.  For all the magic and fights in it, it's just so boring.  There's no blood, deflating any of the drama, especially when two peoples heads get chopped off in this and they don't show an ounce of blood.  Seppuku is shown twice in this, not a drop of blood.  Kinda breaks the immersion.  Combine all of the boring with just bad writing and bad promotion, you do have a really poor film.  Know that badass Samurai giant you might've seen? Uselessly dies.  Remember the promotion for this with that badass dude all tattooed and wielding a gun in the posters? I wouldn't even call him a side character.  He gets like ten seconds of screen time if that.  He doesn't even have a name.  Why the fuck was he made out to be so important?

This movie isn't even worth taking a look at it.  It's not so bad it's good, it's not even bad, it's just boring.  I'm so wanting to be engrossed in Japanese culture right now, but I couldn't even give a fuck for this.  Such a waste of money.

pacpix

« Reply #719 on: January 31, 2015, 02:00:35 am »
There's a hilarious part where all the videos (yeah, VHSes) in the store get erased. And their watching the store while the owner is on vacation. A nark of a customer knows this, and threatens to rat on them if they don't do a good job. So they try and recreate all scenes and remake Ghostbusters incredibly low-budget before she rents it (she hasn't seen it before). Good stuff.

Just watched this scene online, that was hilarious!  I like the new Ghostbusters theme song!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)