Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280371 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #825 on: June 11, 2015, 10:38:04 pm »

A real good ton of fun. Doesn't surpass the original, but it definitely surpasses the sequels, which very clearly do not exist in this movie, which is smart I think lol  Shows some love to the original which I loved.  It's like an 8/10 movie.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #826 on: June 12, 2015, 12:28:12 am »

Been having an obsession with Nordic-themed media lately.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #827 on: June 12, 2015, 07:59:15 pm »

Been having an obsession with Nordic-themed media lately.

Pic isn't showing (IMDB images are protected).

« Reply #828 on: June 12, 2015, 08:04:38 pm »
im currently hooked on 'the wire'

amazing show

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #829 on: June 12, 2015, 09:14:35 pm »
Started to watch DBZ from the very start.... So far its slow.....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #830 on: June 12, 2015, 09:18:12 pm »

The original version? Yeah it's gonna be pretty slow.  I'm an older fan of DBZ for about 10 years now, but it did have issues, kinda what most long running anime shows have, especially when they are based on a manga.  I'm actually curious if it might be worth watching DBZ Kai instead, which is essentially a more streamlined version of the show.  Never went and watched it.

abe

« Reply #831 on: June 12, 2015, 09:42:46 pm »

The original version? Yeah it's gonna be pretty slow.  I'm an older fan of DBZ for about 10 years now, but it did have issues, kinda what most long running anime shows have, especially when they are based on a manga.  I'm actually curious if it might be worth watching DBZ Kai instead, which is essentially a more streamlined version of the show.  Never went and watched it.

DBZ Kai is pretty good. It does a good job of cutting out some of the boring crap that never really mattered. Unfortunately, I haven't watched the whole thing, but I've watched a few seasons so far. If I remember correctly, it only goes up to the Cell Saga and doesn't cover anything past that because the studio in Japan that was working on it was affected by the tsunami back in 2010 or so and it didn't get picked back up.

*Edit: I just looked it up to confirm, and while it was postponed due to the tsunami (actually in 2011), there are now episodes for the Majin Buu Saga which aired in Japan some time in 2014.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:49:37 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #832 on: June 12, 2015, 10:05:15 pm »

DBZ Kai is pretty good. It does a good job of cutting out some of the boring crap that never really mattered. Unfortunately, I haven't watched the whole thing, but I've watched a few seasons so far. If I remember correctly, it only goes up to the Cell Saga and doesn't cover anything past that because the studio in Japan that was working on it was affected by the tsunami back in 2010 or so and it didn't get picked back up.

*Edit: I just looked it up to confirm, and while it was postponed due to the tsunami (actually in 2011), there are now episodes for the Majin Buu Saga which aired in Japan some time in 2014.

Kai actually is finishing up this month, because next month, the new DB series Dragon Ball Super is taking off.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #833 on: June 13, 2015, 02:48:39 am »
Pic isn't showing (IMDB images are protected).

Sorry about that...  The movie I saw was The 13th Warrrior. ;D

Please check out the games I have for sale.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #834 on: June 13, 2015, 09:06:55 pm »
Yes the original, i remember watching it as a kid, I just wanna watch from the very start. Since back in the day, we didnt have DVRs or the internet to watch these things in order, you had to be in front of the tv haha.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

doafan

« Reply #835 on: June 15, 2015, 12:03:13 pm »
Since last week I saw the first part of The Woman in Black now I give a chance to the second part which it wasn't as good as the first one, also saw the badass of Chappie and without a doubt this one my favorite, the translation to my language was funny as hell even when the ending was bad enough to never want it to see it again also saw Rage but definitely this one was the worst of all, can't decide if this last or the Ghost Riders ones are the worst  :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #836 on: June 15, 2015, 12:26:17 pm »

Just watched this last weekend. Pretty good. But it does use a lot of actual scientific theories currently running in quantum physics. So if you aren't into the more sciency side of space, you may not enjoy this one. But if you do, you should like it. It is admittedly a little drawn-out, though.

doafan

« Reply #837 on: June 15, 2015, 01:22:24 pm »

A lot of friends are telling me that I need to see the first season of this series and it seems that their wish will became true cause of this notice, Daredevil is not one of my favorites characters from the Marvel Universe but the one that will appear in this second season it is and the actor that will be here is a total badass  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

pacpix

« Reply #838 on: June 15, 2015, 10:55:02 pm »

Just watched this last weekend. Pretty good. But it does use a lot of actual scientific theories currently running in quantum physics. So if you aren't into the more sciency side of space, you may not enjoy this one. But if you do, you should like it. It is admittedly a little drawn-out, though.

Loved this movie, first time I had gone to the theater to watch a movie in quite a while and picked it up on Blu ray on release day.  I had a couple of issues with it, but overall it was a fantastic hard scifi movie.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

argyle

« Reply #839 on: June 16, 2015, 10:50:30 am »
I just saw Interstellar 2 or 3 weeks ago myself and I loved it as well. My boss actually recommended it to me, we were discussing the lack of good original sci-fi lately and he brought it up. I love a good movie that makes you think, and the 3 hour run time flew by. My wife loved it to, when it ended she said that we'd have to get the blu-ray because this is one she actually wants to check out the commentary tracks for.

I don't guess we have a spoiler tag, so skip if you haven't seen it ---------------------------

with this movie and now the upcoming The Martian, doesn't it seem like Hollywood is trying its best to strand Mat Damon on another planet? :P

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis