Author Topic: Saturn Shooters?  (Read 2367 times)

Saturn Shooters?
« on: January 16, 2013, 09:36:34 pm »
Hi I'm really into Shoot Em Ups. I would really like to get some for the Saturn, were talking imports here. Now, I know this is a daring statement but, are there any cheap Shoot Em Ups for it? I have recently got Kaitei Daisensou and I'm looking into getting a few more. I consider cheap for a Shoot Em Up on the Saturn 30 dollars or less. Any suggestions?

sin2beta

Re: Saturn Shooters?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 10:05:01 pm »
Galactic Attack (Layer Section)

Dodonpachi (used to be cheaper than I am currently seeing it. Keep an eye out, you can find it cheap depending on what you look for on condition).

Darius Gaiden

There are others that are surprisingly above $35: Thunder force and Batsugun for example. It seems like they used to be a lot cheaper. But Galactic Attack and Darius Gaiden are good ones. I had purchased galactic attack for a dollar a few years ago.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 10:16:55 pm »
Yeah, I was going to pick up Dodonpachi and Donpachi anyways eventually, they're only around 50 dollars and fortunately I love those games. Darius Gaiden is a horizontal shooter if I recall, and I would like to focus on vertical ones. Galactic Attack seems like a cheap find, so I will defiantly get it soon.
As for Batsugun... I would be happy if I found it cheap.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 10:55:27 pm »
+1 for Galactic Attack....great game.

If you like zany shit Detana Twin Bee is good. Funny as hell.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 01:04:08 am »
I had purchased galactic attack for a dollar a few years ago.

Jealous.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 01:16:11 am »
Gunbird isnt expensive fun little cute-em-up bullet hell

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 12:49:59 am »
I had a blast with 2 player Sexy Parodius, such an odd game and replayability is GREAT!  I also really liked both Cotton games (Cotton 2 and Cotton Boomerang), but they were not cheap and hard to find.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_(series)

*Both are horizontal shooters btw*
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:00:23 pm by varkias »

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 04:18:26 pm »
I may have a problem on my hands. as noted, I got Kaitei Daisensou on the saturn. I was not aware of something that is very common apparently. According to the internet, my saturn (running bios 1.01) will not run kaitei Daisensou for whatever reason. Is there any way around this? If so, how? Maybe there is a way to change the bios?

scott

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 04:28:27 pm »
I may have a problem on my hands. as noted, I got Kaitei Daisensou on the saturn. I was not aware of something that is very common apparently. According to the internet, my saturn (running bios 1.01) will not run kaitei Daisensou for whatever reason. Is there any way around this? If so, how? Maybe there is a way to change the bios?

Is it a NA Saturn or a JP Saturn? If you're trying to play a Japanese Saturn title on a North American console, you'll need either an Action Replay 4M Plus or a Game Shark in order to bypass the region lock. If you're using a JP console, or you are already using an AR or GS to bypass the region lock, then I guess I'm of no help. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 05:11:06 pm »
Im using a NA saturn model 1 with a region bypass card

scott

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 05:29:19 pm »
Ah k. Sorry for the useless info then.  :(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 11:09:44 am »
I'll second the mentions of Batsugun, Cotton 2, Gunbird, and Sexy Parodius, but also add Battle Garegga, Soukyugurentai, Twinkle Star Sprites, Sengoku Blade, and Sol Divide (even though a lot of people hate it).

Gekirindan is worth playing, but the Saturn port is pretty gimped. It's relatively playable on MAME if you want to check it out, though.

DonPachi and DoDonPachi are both excellent, but stick to the PS1 versions if you can.