Author Topic: Completed Collections!?  (Read 2423 times)

Completed Collections!?
« on: July 02, 2011, 10:57:52 pm »
So what consoles have you completed? Me personally I have a big fat ZERO... ugh... but whatever.

I am nearly complete with my TurboGrafx-16 and Sega Master System.

Runner up is NES with about 2/3 the US set.

jobocan

Re: Completed Collections!?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 11:40:02 am »
None.... But I don't want any complete collections. I just want a bunch of great games.
When I started collecting I bought a bunch of games I didn't want on the NES for the sake of completeness, but I kinda regret it now, and I stopped doing that.

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 03:16:31 pm »
None.  I'd probably only go for a complete 32x collection, but that would require spending wayyy too much money for Spider-Man: Web of Fire.  No way I'm forking out 100's for that!  I could probably get a complete Lynx collection for not too much coin, but I'll revisit that idea down the road.

scott

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 05:01:49 pm »
I believe I have a complete, mostly in box, collection of Game Boy accessories, but I may be wrong. I'm always on the look out for that stuff.

The only other thing I am working on is the Sega Saturn collection, though very slowly now. I have a very nice copy Panzer Dragoon Saga, but there are still a bunch of other spendy titles. The next expensive one I am picking up for sure is a copy of Albert Odyssey, I really want to play through that.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 07:52:50 pm »
I'm primarily a handheld collector, so I'm actually almost done with the Game.com (thought I'd start with something easy to collect for) and then I'm moving on to the Virtual Boy.

And I've always been on the lookout for the stranger Game Boy variations and recently picked up a Manchester United Original GB, so interest has been rekindled for that.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

tpugmire

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 10:30:44 am »
I'm with jobocan, if I complete any collections, it will be on accident.  That's one of the great things about collecting games.  There is a whole bunch of stuff that doesn't interest me whatsoever, so why would I buy them?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 01:41:17 am »
I'm one away from 32x US collection, just need Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure. Might go for Dreamcast or 3DO next, or whatever I happen to come across, of course.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 03:52:50 pm »
I personally only care to have the complete sets of NES, SMS and TG16. These being my favorite consoles...

The rest I plan on only grabbing my personal list of best of.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 05:27:51 pm »
I'm not really into complete collections either, I have a wishlist to which I've been adding games ever since I started and am primarily trying to collect the ones on that list. I basically look up youtube gameplay videos of any games I didn't know before and if I like what I see I add them to the list :-) The result, I collect games for many many consoles.

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 02:16:46 am »
Does Arc the Lad count? :P

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 11:52:06 am »
Right now I am working on a complete NES and SNES collections.

About 25% done the NES and just started the SNES (have about 25 games).  I'd also like to get the manuals if possible.

I am just going for cart only as the boxes are very expensive and just seem fragile.  I would be worried about taking care of them and it would not want to have to go into the boxes carefully to ensure they don't get damaged every time I want to play something.

I am storing all of my NES and SNES games in Universal Game Cases and inserting cover art from thecoverproject.net.

I am about 1/4 of the way though getting my games in theses cases and so far it looks really slick.

I'll post some pictures when it's complete.

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 07:35:50 pm »
Picked up the following today:

Batman returns
Mega man 2
Mega man 4
Magician
Power blade

Cart only