Author Topic: SMT/Fire Emblem crossover game  (Read 1802 times)

soera

SMT/Fire Emblem crossover game
« on: January 23, 2013, 11:05:42 am »
Im not into the SRPG but this should probably appeal to a lot of people here.

http://kotaku.com/5978275/surprise-fire-emblem-meets-shin-megami-tensei-in-this-new-nintendo-crossover

desocietas

Re: SMT/Fire Emblem crossover game
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 11:14:19 am »
Whoa, totally random, but exciting.  Two of my favorite franchises, that's for sure.

I wonder what the gameplay'll be like?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 11:15:45 am »
I...don't...understand...this....at....all.

scott

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 12:20:00 pm »
Interesting. I might have to get it. But what I really want is a new Advance Wars. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 01:35:50 pm »
Interesting. I might have to get it. But what I really want is a new Advance Wars. ha

You're getting Fire Emblem in two weeks!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 01:42:49 pm »

You're getting Fire Emblem in two weeks!

Am I? Sweet. Who's giving it too me?  :P

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 02:15:19 pm »
Am I? Sweet. Who's giving it too me?  :P

Haha, sounds like someone didn't preorder :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 02:34:34 pm »
Nope. I've honestly never played Fire Emblem at all. I have the 1st GBA one, and if I would have tried it and loved it, I would have prolly pre-ordered it. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be able to get it eventually. :)

soera

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 02:44:11 pm »
I can not get into SRPGs. They have too much of a chess feel to me and that (imo) is boring. I will say that JRPG turn based battles can be boring too but its definitely 5-6 steps above strategy style battles. Real time battles are cool. :)

With that being said, this game could have some awesomeness still with SMT blended into the mix.

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 02:47:30 pm »
Nope. I've honestly never played Fire Emblem at all. I have the 1st GBA one, and if I would have tried it and loved it, I would have prolly pre-ordered it. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be able to get it eventually. :)

Aw, FE on GBA was really good, and I liked it a lot more than Advance Wars 'cause you have to "care" about the characters.  I think every character had a name and story and relationship with other characters, so if any of them died in battle, it'd affect the game short and long term.

I didn't get too far - the game made me pretty anxious about losing anyone (and it autosaved, I think!).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 06:03:51 pm »
My first experience with a Fire Emblem game was the first one that came out on GBA here... By, like, mission 5 or 6 I only had one character left, because I was playing it like Advance Wars... That little bard would never have been able to live through that mission, so I gave up at the time :P
I learned from my mistake and actually had much more fun with it the second time I played. Fire Emblem is a really fun series for sure.

This is a very random crossover, but I'm excited for it. The only weird thing right now is people calling it "Persona X Fire Emblem", even though it has nothing to do with Persona.

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 10:05:26 pm »
This is a very random crossover, but I'm excited for it. The only weird thing right now is people calling it "Persona X Fire Emblem", even though it has nothing to do with Persona.

That's terrible.  Like a lot of commenters on that page who mentioned that they've only played Persona 3 & 4 (and thus recognize no one), all of the characters they've shown so far are from the other SMT games.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 10:32:23 pm »
Yeah, when I saw the Demi-fiend from Nocturne I kinda geeked out... I need to replay that game, it's so good.

darko

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 10:36:06 pm »
Yeah. I don't consider the Persona games the pinnacles of the SMT series at all.

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 12:26:23 am »
Yeah, when I saw the Demi-fiend from Nocturne I kinda geeked out... I need to replay that game, it's so good.

I did the same!

Yeah. I don't consider the Persona games the pinnacles of the SMT series at all.

The later Persona titles seemed to bring a lot of people to the series, so it's understandable why they assume that SMT is just the Persona franchise.  I was introduced through Digital Devil Saga and, while Persona 3 & 4 are great, they don't give the same edge the other SMT titles did.  DDS was definitely darker and colder.  Nocturne ever more so, perhaps, though I haven't gotten far enough in that game to say for sure.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas