Author Topic: Storage Methods  (Read 5468 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Storage Methods
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 12:19:18 am »

-Handheld Games (Gameboy, GBA, DS, Game Gear) - 6-pocket trading card binder pages, inside of a binder.

That's a really good idea. Would I need to go to a specialty store for these kind of binders or would a store like Walmart carry them?

I just use a regular binder. But you do have to go to a comic shop (or sports card shop) to pick up the trading card pages.

I've found that the standard 9-pocket pages aren't quite big enough and will tear with cartridges in them. But the longer-per-pocket 6-pocket pages (designed for long-cards in mind) are perfectly sized.

I know you listed it, but I wanted to double check. Do you manage to get game gear games in the 6 card binders? If so, I will definitely be picking some up.

Unfortunately, no. They're too big. I was able to get original Game Boy/GBC carts, Neo Geo Pocket Color carts, GBA Carts, and DS games into them, though.

The Game Gear games I have are just in a pull-out plastic drawer from Wal-Mart like my N64 and SNES games.

tripredacus

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 08:53:31 pm »
I don't have a lot of room. I have 1 shelf for games, mostly Sega games. Everything else goes into bins until I can figure out something else.

madmax

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 10:18:07 pm »
I have a big storage container from ikea under my bed. Most of my games are in plastic casings as well.

theprestige2000

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 05:51:52 pm »
-Handheld Games (Gameboy, GBA, DS, Game Gear) - 6-pocket trading card binder pages, inside of a binder.

A bunch of people have already said this, but this is brilliant.  This is exactly the kind of idea I wanted to hear about.  Thanks!

http://www.containerstore.com/reviews/elfaSale/components/elfaDoorWallRackSystems?productId=10029075
I use this, it has room for a LOT of games.

Also cool!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 06:21:24 pm »

A bunch of people have already said this, but this is brilliant.  This is exactly the kind of idea I wanted to hear about.  Thanks!

I actually saw this at a Play-N-Trade in Oregon.

ko1ru

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 12:54:54 am »
I pretty much just throw everything up in these:

Look at that sexy organization!   :o

I just keep everything on bookcases, (mostly) organised by format. Give it a quick dust every now and then and I'm done!

Same here.  Everything is on shelves, organized by console/format and alphabetically.  I keep my handheld carts (GB/GBC/GBA) in a plastic container for now.

I should post pictures sometime...

scott

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 10:21:24 am »
Since darko's showing off his shelving... here's a decent shot of my set up too. It's a bit older, but you'll get the idea.

and a better/updated shot of the ol' Castlevania shrine. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 12:46:22 pm »
Since darko's showing off his shelving... here's a decent shot of my set up too. It's a bit older, but you'll get the idea.

and a better/updated shot of the ol' Castlevania shrine. ha

Very nice! The Castlevania stuff is especially impressive.

I wish I had that kind of room for my stuff. I have a 2-bedroom apartment, but it's very small. I do use the extra room for my comic/video game collection, but since the place is so small everything is very cramped.

scott

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 12:50:18 pm »
Ha thanks! I'm almost to my goal too!... until the 2 new games release anyway.

jcalder8

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 02:03:36 pm »
What kind of animal is that in the cage scott?

scott

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 02:18:10 pm »
Oh. That's my cat Cleo. She was not impressed that I was ignoring her while hunting Pokemon. :P

darko

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 12:16:49 am »

Ha. Mine is an old pic as well. I need to make some updated shots.

foxhack

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 06:05:51 pm »
Priority Mail cardboard boxes and plastic tubs from Wal-Mart. :P

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 09:39:38 pm »

I'm curious, is the bookshelf you're using an Ikea Billy, or something else?

soera

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 09:58:01 pm »
My turn to post my stuff. Here is the DQ collection. Not really much of a storage thing (in the same avenue as Castlevania for Scott ... everything is displayed) : http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii584/DWcollector/

Here is the rest of the room. As you can see, the NES carts are stored on shelves I built into my closet. The rest of the stuff sits on the 2 white Wal-Mart shelves : http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii584/DWcollector/Game%20room/

The pics are a few months old (my ps1 kiosk and my blue soon to be slime beanbag are not there) but the storage is still the same. The bottom row of the NES wall is full now. Just 2 more shelves till its top to floor!