Author Topic: Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World  (Read 3074 times)

tpugmire

Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World
« on: February 08, 2011, 11:39:07 am »
Anyone know if this game was available at retail by itself?  I only remember seeing it as a pack in game with the system.  
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

Re: Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 12:42:20 pm »
I believe it was only a pack in as well. According to wiki, this is also the case.

"After the success of Super Mario World, the game was packaged in a special version of Super Mario All-Stars titled Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World, which was released in 1994 in the United States and in Europe as the pack-in game for the SNES "Super Mario Set" bundle."
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

tpugmire

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 08:48:05 am »
Hmmm.  I thought that was the case.  What do we do for cover art?  I have the manual if that is acceptable.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:36:30 pm »
Perhaps a shot of the SNES box? I need to do the same with Wii Sports and my New Super Mario Bros. Wii that came bundled with the Red Wii system. Been trying to think of a way to go about it. Worst case, maybe just use the cart as the image for now?

scott

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 12:42:35 pm »
I suppose the biggest problem is the way bundled games come in some instances. For example, SMAS+SMW was a bundle only pack in, with no box. Then there is Tetris with the Game Boy or Sonic the Hedgehog, which was bundled with Genesis core systems, also with no boxes, but it was also released in retail, or like the MGS4 PS3 bundle or the RE5 360 bundle, which included MGS4/RE5 with their full retail packaging.  And then there is Wii Sports and Super Mario, which come with their manuals and a cardboard sleeve.

I've been pulling my hair out, trying to organize it all. And trust me, there isn't enough there that I can afford to be pulling on it. ha

tpugmire

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 10:31:07 pm »
My Wii is pretty old and only came with Wii Sports in the sleeve.  For those instances, I'd just do scans of the sleeve.  Sonic the Hedgehog has a case that says "not for resale" that came with the systems.  Not sure what to do about Tetris though...

darko

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 02:27:08 am »
The Tetris issue has been solved.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 01:45:56 am »
So are we making separate game entries for the Not For Resale/pack in games? To clarify, I have the Super Mario Sunshine Not For Resale version, so should I add the Gamecube bundle to my collection (noting that I only have the game) or do I make a separate entry for the game?

tpugmire

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 01:01:37 pm »
I would make a separate entry for just the game.

scott

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 03:15:23 pm »
I would make a separate entry for just the game.

Agreed, we should prolly do this for all console bundled versions.