Author Topic: Duplicates in collection  (Read 1377 times)

desocietas

Duplicates in collection
« on: July 11, 2011, 01:59:21 pm »
Noticed that I am able to add the same item more than once to my collection or wishlist.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Re: Duplicates in collection
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 03:09:37 pm »
That's how I add my duplicate games to my collection.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 03:23:02 pm »
Ah, makes sense.  I don't have any duplicates, so I guess it makes sense to have the option to do so.  Thanks!

[EDIT] Yeah, now that I think of it, a collector may have two copies of a game - one that might be missing a box, and one that's mint.  I would've never thought of that :T
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 12:09:48 pm »
Yup, I have a couple copies of a few different games, but I don't list my dupes usually.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 02:56:59 pm »
Ah, makes sense.  I don't have any duplicates, so I guess it makes sense to have the option to do so.  Thanks!

[EDIT] Yeah, now that I think of it, a collector may have two copies of a game - one that might be missing a box, and one that's mint.  I would've never thought of that :T
This was the exact idea behind listing them separately.

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 09:46:28 pm »
I don't know about mint or not, but at least I do like the option of listing that I have three copies of Lunar because I have three out of four of the different CD artworks, as long as they list the CD artwork in the title. I mean, extremely few people would have dupes of a game unless it was because of a different packaging/CD artwork. I wouldn't go so far to list "Platinum/Greatest Hits" either unless there was something different about it like the Forza 3 Ultimate Collection, and even then, I would list it as just that.