Author Topic: Let's Name the Top 100 Game Themes  (Read 21984 times)

soera

Re: Let's Name the Top 100 Game Themes
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2013, 08:26:24 pm »
It's not worthy of a second topic, but I just had a total geek out due to music.

So, as a kid, I was a fan of Letters to Cleo (I grew up in the 90s, but honestly, I still like them). I had never played sonic heroes. But when I was listening to the theme of Amy's team, I swore the voice was Kay Hanley from Letters to Cleo. Turns out that it is. Jun Senoue from Crush 40/Sega approached her for a collaboration.

Letters to Cleo + Crush 40 + Sega = 90s Nostalgia Attack. I honestly love that SEGA always had popular music as their soundtracks. It dates the games. But the nostalgia is amazing. Sonic Boom (Sonic CD opening) by Spencer Nilsen is pure 90s. But that makes it much better.

This was almost as good as finding out that Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince did the voice of Shedder in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Letters to Cleo (don't click if you fear the 90s or hate pop/alt)

Amy Team Theme

You rock. I dont know how I missed this thread or this post but Letters to Cleo was awesome. I used to listen to Here and Now all the time.

sin2beta

« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2013, 09:57:37 pm »
You rock. I dont know how I missed this thread or this post but Letters to Cleo was awesome. I used to listen to Here and Now all the time.

I do rock. And I will admit to Kay Hanley being my first celebrity crush. The music was good too!
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2013, 10:40:59 pm »
Music wise, I had two. Celine Dion and Delores O'Riordan.

Celebrity wise, I had one that overshadowed everyone else : Brittany Murphy. :(

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2014, 06:46:01 am »
Xenoblade Cronoicles - Gaur Plain
Chrono Cross - Time's Scar
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2015, 07:42:08 pm »
Gotta be the great mighty poo theme song for me its the best ever!

amauriel

« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2015, 10:16:41 pm »
I'm a little sad I missed out on adding to this one. There's a great lack of Earthbound in this list.

Oh, and I'm glad you got a couple of Persona 3's amazing tracks in here, but no Burn My Dread or Battle for Everyone's Souls?

And honorable mention to Super Mario RPG's Smithy Battle music too.

Basically, I think I'm saying we should shoot for 500 at some point. :)
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

retroone

« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2015, 03:56:49 pm »
Boy was this a though one. One game that is well deservant of this title has to go to Mappy-Land on NES. This underrated soundtrack is catchy and well written and these tunes will stay with you well after the game was over. Picking only one is a challenging task and I bring you the best one.

Mappy-Land -Cemetery Theme

pacpix

« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2015, 11:57:09 pm »
That is a really catchy song retroone!  I really need to get that game, been meaning to check it out since watching your review.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

retroone

« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2015, 03:27:15 pm »
Ok I have talked about Mappy-Land and how it's soundtrack is purely beautiful but isn't favorite. If you must know my favorite soundtrack of all time is Journey to Silius! This soundtrack just fills me up with joy that is undescribable. Just listen for yourself.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:28:47 pm by retroone »

retroone

« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2015, 03:28:09 pm »
That is a really catchy song retroone!  I really need to get that game, been meaning to check it out since watching your review.
Thanks!