Author Topic: Harrison Ford Rumored to Return as Han Solo in Star Wars Ep. VII *UPDATE*  (Read 4130 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

http://www.examiner.com/article/harrison-ford-rumored-to-return-as-han-solo-star-wars-episode-vii

Harrison Ford rumored to return as Han Solo in ‘Star Wars Episode VII

According to sources at Latino-Review, a site with an impeccable history of reporting accurate rumors, Harrison Ford will indeed be playing Han Solo again in a future Star Wars film. Latino Review first broke the news on Fox News Latino where the editor stated, "It’s official. Harrison Ford will reprise his role as Han Solo in the upcoming Star Wars movies.” He went on to state that “His deal is done. It’s just a formality. They haven’t really announced it yet.”

Fans may remember the report that first surfaced back in November where Ford expressed interest in reprising the role once again if the script handled the character in a proper manner. As to whether or not he'll be making an appearance in J.J. Abrams' upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII or the rumored Han Solo stand-alone movie is anyone's guess at the moment. However, we do think it would be a great device to see an older Han Solo being used as a framing device that leads audiences into a flashback, telling the story of his earlier years.

What do you think of the latest rumor regarding Ford's return to the role of Han Solo?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:13:56 pm by burningdoom »

scott

Re: Harrison Ford Rumored to Return as Han Solo in Star Wars Ep. VII
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 12:41:29 am »
Meh.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 08:43:28 am »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 09:12:58 am »
I would love it. He's in he books as a support character. Bring Han back and make some Movies about the Solo and Skywalker kids. It'll be awesome.

soera

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 10:16:04 am »
They are bleeding the Star Wars name to death. Episode 1 or whatever it is with Annikin as a kid was one of the worst movies ever. Should have honestly just left it with the 3 original movies.

scott

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 10:21:13 am »
No.

Plan 9 from Outer Space is one of the worst movies ever.

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace is a film that tried to cover too much ground in a single episode. Parts of it are good, the score is amazing and parts of it are "meh". I think it's biggest fault is that Lucas tried too hard to tie everything together with it.

jobocan

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 12:20:58 pm »
No.

What? No! How can Plan 9 be the worst movie ever if it's so damn fun to watch? I love that piece of crap!

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 12:40:46 pm »
I would love it. He's in he books as a support character. Bring Han back and make some Movies about the Solo and Skywalker kids. It'll be awesome.
You mean the books which Disney says are not canon with the original movies? Despite them BEING canon (mostly) for years?

scott

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 01:09:30 pm »
No.

What? No! How can Plan 9 be the worst movie ever if it's so damn fun to watch? I love that piece of crap!

It's bad. Plus it was the 1st bad movie that came to mind.

darko

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 02:42:49 pm »
Viva las Bio-Dome!

But seriously...I don't really care if he plays Han or not. Who else are they going to get? Chris Pine?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 02:47:56 pm by darko »

foxhack

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 03:14:13 pm »
Please don't make me bring out the big guns.

Bio-Dome? Really? :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 07:45:35 pm »
I'm pretty sure they aren't casting him to play a young Han Solo. I'd imagine his character is supposed to be older. Which is why somebody like Chris Pine wouldn't be playing him.

Rumor is they're also trying to get Mark Hammill and Carrie Fischer to return to their respective roles as Luke and Leaia as well. But it's well known in the convention circuit that Mark Hammill is a money grubber. He'll try to milk the role for all it's worth. Last comic convention I went to, he was there, and was asking $100 a pop for his autograph (I sure as hell didn't pay him, so no autograph for me), when everyone else was doing autographs for free.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:48:08 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 12:44:52 pm »
Please don't make me bring out the big guns.

Bio-Dome? Really? :)
big guns like 'surf nazis must die'?
or more like 'twilight'?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 02:13:36 pm »
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/star-wars-episode-vii-mark-hamill-talks-star-article-1.1271131

Mark Hamill: 'Star Wars' cast in talks to reunite for 'Episode VII'

Will Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Princess Leia share the silver screen again? Hamill says that he may join Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford in the new trilogy.

The force may be with a 'Star Wars' cast reunion after all.

Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker in the original blockbuster series, revealed to Entertainment Tonight that he is currently in talks about dusting off his light saber and reprising his classic role.

He'd be joining Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, a.k.a. Han Solo and Princess Leia, too.

"George [LUCAS] wanted to know whether we'd be interested. He did say that if we didn't want to do it, they wouldn't cast another actor in our parts — they would write us out," Hamill said.

But lest fans get too encouraged, Hamill reminded watchers that the deals on 'Episode VII' are far from being inked.

"I can tell you right away that we haven't signed any contracts," Hamill said.

Mark Hamill may join Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher in he new episode of 'Star Wars.'

"We're in the stage where they want us to go in and meet with Michael Arndt, who is the writer, and Kathleen Kennedy, who is going to run Lucasfilm."

Hamill went on to note that those meetings had been postponed because both Andt and Kennedy are "busier than I am."

But in the case of a cast reunion, it looks like a case of all or nothing. Hamill commented that he would be reluctant to do the movie if Ford and Fisher aren't also on board.

"Another thing I'd want to make sure of is — are we going to have the whole gang back? Is Carrie and Harrison and Billy Dee [WILLIAMS] and Tony Daniels, everybody that's around from the original, [COMING BACK]?"

Maybe so. Hamill's news comes on the heels of recent reports that Harrison Ford is set to return as the high-flying Millennium Falcon captain Han Solo.

Whether he's a part of the new trilogy or not, Hamill has some advice for he creative minds behind "Episode VII": Keep it simple.

"I said to George that I wanted to go back to the way it was, in the sense that ours was much more carefree and lighthearted and humorous," Hamill said, criticizing recent installments for special effects overkill.

"If they listen to me at all, it'll be 'Lighten up and go retro with the way it looks.'"