Author Topic: Favorite/Most Prized Game  (Read 5489 times)

desocietas

Re: Favorite/Most Prized Game
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 04:09:35 pm »
Oh, the original Mega Man art...  It's disturbing to think that's what they thought the little sprite would look like IRL.
Nice stuff!  I always wonder whether to keep the plastic on my packages or not...  Good to know that it's not a crazy thing to consider.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

madmax

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 06:34:44 pm »
Original Mega Man art has always been some of my fav. just because it's so ridiculous but at the same time, its showing of how that generation of gaming was. Looks like some weird robocop, hehe.

i also love how the box says "High Resolution Graphics". Then again, In 20 years we will look at our "HD" games and laugh ;)

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 11:12:04 am »
I have my original Megaman games, all of them. Unfortunately, my mother trashed the boxes.

I also have a complete and boxed Bionic Commando I picked up at a thrift store for $.50. I know it isnt rare, but for 2 quarters, it was coming home.

scott

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 10:10:58 pm »
Here's a new entry for me, and currently one of my most prized items in my collection.

It's a copy of Pokemon FireRed for the GBA, only it not just an average copy of the game, it's an Event cartridge. These baby's were handed out from Nintendo directly to the folks at Toys R Us for a special Pokemon Event held on September 30, 2006. This was for a Mew distribution event which was only held on that day and afterwords the carts were left up for grabs for employees. My buddy was able to get one of the two they had and owned it until recently, when he sold it to me.

There are roughly 370 Mews on this cartridge, which is a little over 10 PC boxes full. According to my buddy, if no one wanted the cartridges, they were going to end up in the trash, so it's a pretty sweet find. When I found out he was looking to sell it, I had to jump on it.
Here it is, The Mystery Mew

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

urbanchaos

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 06:23:02 pm »
I would have to say that for now, the most prized item in my collection would be my Brand-New, Factory Sealed french Canadian Kirby's Adventure

hexen

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 07:30:53 pm »
It's a tough call.

I'd say either my Intellivision, Red Gameboy Pocket or SNES. All hold tremendous sentimental value to me. I also consider games given to me by friends a cut above the rest.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

empovyle

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 07:48:39 pm »
Definitely my Spyro the Dragon game. It's the same copy I've had since I was born.

scott

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 06:22:01 am »
gonna give this a ka-bump.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 06:27:38 am »
I have to say my original SMS. I got it when I was 7 or 8 (I think) and never got rid of it or any of the games.

darko

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 06:44:31 am »
Hmm..tough question. I think my English translated Star Ocean Repro on SNES is pretty nice. To my knowledge none of the repro sites actually make it so it's not readily available. It's also a fantastic game to play on the intended hardware.

If I was to go back and say which game is my most cherished based on nostalgia it's probably Super C. I played the hell out of that game with my friends over and over again, even after the SNES was purchased. I have plenty of controller throwing memories with that one.

I took a pretty long break from gaming in my teens (3-4 years). The first game I picked up after the break was Final Fantasy VIII. A friend and I played through it in about a week. That one holds a special place in my heart as well even though a lot of people hate it :)

amauriel

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 07:51:28 pm »
I'm pretty sure my favorite item in my collection is my original copy of Earthbound. (I know, not much of a surprise.) It was the first game I ever purchased without renting it first. I had read so many reviews that I felt comfortable spending the money, and the local Meijer (basically a Midwest Wal-Mart) had it for $30.

My mom kept asking me if I was sure, and I finally turned to her and said, "Mom, I've read so much about this game that I can probably already finish it in my sleep." I would have been 12 or 13, and Earthbound was the first RPG I ever actually played. Years later, it's still my favorite game and I'm proud to say that I have been the only owner of my personal copy.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jcalder8

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 09:46:53 pm »
It's hard to pick just one item so here are the last 5 items that I would sell:

Number 5: The Rocketeer for the NES: My parents bought it for me for my birthday and it was brand new which was very rare for us growing up. I still have it complete and it's in very good shape.

Number 4: Dragon Quest III GBC prototype: It's Dragon Quest and it's a prototype do I really need to say anything else?

Number 3: Laserball: My first(and so far only) pinball machine. It took me 27 years and a divorce to finally get one and I will almost never get rid of it.

Number 2: Gears of War: It is the first game that my then girlfriend now wife bought me. We had only been dating for about 2 months when she bought me a game and hid it in the bathroom with a note saying that now every room in my place had a game in it.

Number 1: The original NES from when I was growing up. I have kept it for almost 25 years and this will be the last item to go

psydswipe

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 03:47:01 am »
Maybe my Cablevision box. That was the Intellivision subscription service for playing games through cable TV. The box I refer to isn't a cable box, it's the small cardboard box they gave to subscribers that was full of game manuals and controller overlays. It's one of the few unique items I own.

soera

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 07:24:27 am »
I, along with everyone else, dont think I could pick just one item ... so heres my few.

Original copy of FFVII with the unofficial guide (poster still attached) and the pre order t-shirt.
Complete Arc the Lad collector's set with guide and the mail in poster
Lunar Silver story demo still in the sleeve.
My recently acquired GX tv with the owner's info still in the packaged bag.

Im sure I could go on but these few will always be cool in my collection.

htimreimer

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 05:02:53 am »
for me its telesports mini TV game from radotin  because its in mint condition