Author Topic: Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes [NDS]  (Read 5473 times)

desocietas

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes [NDS]
« on: August 06, 2011, 01:53:28 am »
I'm surprised that it's actually keeping me up at night, but I can't seem to locate my cart for Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes... I have a bad feeling that it might've gotten tucked into a pile of old newspapers on my coffee table then taken out to the recycling bin... :(

Trash day has come and gone, and it's nowhere to be found.  So now I'm left with the empty box and manual, wondering what how to go about replacing the game.

I'm still crossing my fingers that I will find it, but do any of you have any tips on how to go about a replacement without paying the cost of a CIB copy?  I guess the regular options are: 1) eBay, 2) waiting for a price drop at GameStop and waiting for a local store to get a cart-only copy...

I know the HD XBLA/PSN version has recently come out, which might make me feel a little better in the sense that I'd still be able to play a version of the game, but the fact that I still have the box is drivin' me nuts... XP
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

Re: Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes [NDS]
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 08:46:15 am »
Don't forget Amazon. I get a lot of used games there for reasonable prices, sometimes way cheaper than what ebay is charging.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 02:09:13 pm »
that's true - i'll keep an eye out there, too.  last time i checked, everything's cib, so i'll have to wait for any new posts there.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 03:26:28 pm »
Yay! My roommate found it tucked into his vegan cookbook somehow.  Like I would've ever found it there...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 04:42:08 pm »
This thread prompted me to put all my PSP and DS games back in their cases. The only games that are in my travel case any more are Mega Man ZX, Pokemon Platinum, Heartgold and Black. and Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles is in my PSP.

scott

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 04:44:01 pm »
Also it sound like your roommate desperately needed a bookmark.

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 05:25:34 pm »
This thread prompted me to put all my PSP and DS games back in their cases. The only games that are in my travel case any more are Mega Man ZX, Pokemon Platinum, Heartgold and Black. and Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles is in my PSP.

Ha, I'm glad this thread was able to effectively create awareness for loose carts.  I have a bad habit of mismatching carts and boxes because I'll play Game A, then decide later that I feel like playing Game B and lazily put Game A into Game B's box, etc.  A year later, I'll want to find Game A and have to go backwards through my playing history to locate it.

I have a few too many travel cases, also... I need to go through those to make sure everything's accounted for.

Also it sound like your roommate desperately needed a bookmark.

Yeah, I guess he needed "Might & Magic" to make a proper pesto sauce, heh  :P

Is Heartgold good?  GameStop has a decent price on it right now (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3199064), but I'm not sure if I should drop $25 on it or not...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 06:13:04 pm »
I like it, though I never played the orignals. And I'm a big pokemon nutcase. The pokewalker is a neat addition too, as long as its new I'd get it. Not sure I'd buy HG or SS used, you lose the pokewalker and the sexy metallic packaging. Ha

It's a really good remake though, I'd say its totally worth 25.

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 07:21:15 pm »
Good to know!  Yeah, I was totally into the idea of the Pokewalker, but the 3DS's pedometer kinda helped sate that need... I'll go by the store today to see if they'll price to the website.  Otherwise, I'll probably buy it online.

...I suppose the other important question is: Will I actually play it or just shelve it? (I've barely played Diamond...)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 08:43:57 pm »
I played the crap out of Platinum, it was the first Pokemon I'd played since Yellow. Totally hooked me aon the franchise again.

Before Black came out, I'd nearly beat HeartGold.... I now have 3 games going across 3 games, since I'm working on the full pokedex, haha. HeartGold does have more of the "original" Pokemon game's feel to it, compared to Pearl & Diamond and Black & White. So if you wanted kinda a nostalgic look back at the series it would be a good play through. Plus it has all the original Pokemon in it, none of this "there's over 400 'mons in the world" stuff. ha

btw, check out this collector's item. Toys R' Us Mew Event Cartridge with over 300 Mew left on it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290599410303&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 03:55:08 pm »
Man, that Event cart looks amazing.  I can't remember the last Pokemon game I played, but it was one of the "original" ones, I'm sure.  Ok, I think I want SoulSilver because I would love a Vulpix.  But now I realize that there are versions with a figurine!  Ugh... $25 for the game or $65 for the game w/ figurine?!  Damn these collectibles...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 04:39:31 pm »
Actually I bought it, it was a friend of mine's auction and couldn't let him sell it of to some random ebayer. haha.

I have both figurines and the Giratina one from Platinum. The Lugia one is soooo much cooler than the Ho-oh one. But I do have an extra Ho-oh sealed in box, if you're interested.

desocietas

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 05:46:19 pm »
Heh, it's the Lugia one I want!  Maybe I'll just hold out until I find it a little cheaper...  How much did you pay for it, if it I may ask?  Maybe I'll splurge if I find it for a decent price.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 06:30:08 pm »
I snagged all of mine for free. The extra ho-oh was given to me and the other 2 came with the pre-orders. And yes, I bought both versions on day 1. Sssh

I checked eBay and there is a set of them goin for like $10ish : http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Pokemon-HeartGold-Ho-oh-SoulSilver-Lugia-Figures-/160623186875

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 07:34:31 pm »
I snagged all of mine for free. The extra ho-oh was given to me and the other 2 came with the pre-orders. And yes, I bought both versions on day 1. Sssh

Lucky!
I checked eBay and there is a set of them goin for like $10ish : http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Pokemon-HeartGold-Ho-oh-SoulSilver-Lugia-Figures-/160623186875

Yeah, but no special limited edition box or Pokewalker jacket!
A sexy box indeed: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CF0WG2
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas