Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 174630 times)

soera

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #1035 on: November 14, 2017, 06:45:48 pm »
Time to update my photos. First Ill start with my Skylanders imaginators display :

Next is my wall :

My DQ shrine :

PS4 controller display :
From bottom to top -
Red, white, blue, red crystal (Best buy exclusive), crystal (Gamestop exclusive), blue crystal (Wal-mart Exclusive)
Gold (from taco bell ps4), 20th anniversary (console version) Uncharted, digital camo, Call of Duty WWII, Green camo
Final fantasy XV, Dragon quest heroes, Metal gear solid, Star Wars Darth Vader, Batman Arkham knight, Call of Duty Black ops III
F.C football club, Destiny 2, Final fantasy Type 0, Dragon Quest XI

PS4 games :

PS4 consoles :

Kiosk/demos/display case :

Seating area :

TV/DQHeroes plush :
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:47:34 pm by soera »

azure

« Reply #1036 on: November 14, 2017, 06:52:49 pm »
That is one clean setup, nice job!

« Reply #1037 on: November 18, 2017, 09:06:32 pm »
Never been much for one trying to get a quality way to display my stuff, cheap shelves usually work fine, but a local game store moved to a new space and didn't want black stuff and decided to give away his big plastic case display units.  He had two, one of which was promised to someone else, so I figured why not, and picked this up.  This bastard is heavy, but it's legit.  Solid wood, dense plastic door, and it has a built in light, but I'll probably eventually see about replacing the older lighting stuff with a modern customized LED setup that just looks nicer and allows for multiple colors.

Gonna be awhile till I can use it, but will be cool when I do.

Warmsignal

« Reply #1038 on: November 19, 2017, 10:48:41 pm »
I prefer these kind of retail displays over DIY. I have a WoN cabinet myself.

« Reply #1039 on: November 19, 2017, 10:54:47 pm »
I prefer these kind of retail displays over DIY. I have a WoN cabinet myself.

I wish this one was labeled with something, it's just some generic case, but the bottom of it is black and big enough to put something there, so I just need to figure out what to do.  Maybe I'll make a big perler bead logo of something to add on there since I make them and that could look pretty cool mounted to it.

ferraroso

« Reply #1040 on: November 23, 2017, 11:51:17 am »
After almost 3 months, I finally finished moving to the new place, so now I can show some pics of the new game room.

Retro room

Brazilian Saint Seiya: The Movie poster and Sakura Wars Limited Edition clock

Kyojū Tokusō Jaspion

On the front: Mega-CD, Saturn, Dreamcast and Game Gear

Behind, on the left side: Master System, Mega Drive, Famicom, Famicom Disk System, Super Famicom and Nintendo 64

Behind, on the right side: 3DO, PC Engine, Neo Geo CD, GameCube, DS, WonderSwam, Neo Geo Pocket, PSP and Vita

Above: A few action figures, Tectoy's 2017 Mega Drive's box and Neo Geo AES

PS3, PS2 and PS1

Neo Geo CD and AES

PC Engine Duo-R and 3DO

Mega Drive + Mega-CD, Saturn + Modem and DreamCast + Sega Karaoke

Sharp Twin-Famicom Turbo and Super Famicom + Super GameBoy 1 & 2

Nintendo 64 and GameCube + GameBoy Player

LEDs on

LEDs on, lights off

Mega Adaptor, Apple Pippin, VCD Player, PlayStation 2 (modded to play imports), some video game related books and vinyls

28" Sony Trinitron PowerWIDE KV-28PW1

Tectoy's Pense Bem and Handhelds

Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color, SwanCrystal, PSP-3000, Vita, GBA and DS

Retro Controllers

Boxes and other accessories

Modern Controllers and spare cables

"Modern" Setup. On the TV: Tectoy's cartridge re-release of Turma da Mônica na Terra dos Monstros (Brazilian version of Wonder Boy in Monster World)

PS4, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Wii

Xbox 360 and PS4

PS3 60GB and Tectoy's Master System

Famicom Mini, Super Famicom Mini and Wii

Tectoy's Mega Drive (2017 original hardware re-release)

"Especially made for Felipe Ferrari"

What do you guys, think? Much better than the old setup, right?
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,271.1005.html
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:57:55 am by ferraroso »

soera

« Reply #1041 on: November 23, 2017, 12:05:40 pm »
Your collection is quite extensive. I appreciate the SMS stuff for sure. I have a question though. I notice yours (and some others) seem to have every console still plugged in. Do you actually make use of all of those? I used to do that and realized some of them I never really ever played so now the only one that stays plugged in is my PS4 and my SNES modded classic.

azure

« Reply #1042 on: November 23, 2017, 12:27:55 pm »
*snip*
Looking good ferraroso, well organized as well. Gotta love the Metal Heroes support, and don't think Shadow Moon or Black got passed me either  ;)

How did you go about with the lighting on the console rack? Is it just led strips or something else? Thanks!

ferraroso

« Reply #1043 on: November 23, 2017, 08:14:55 pm »
Thanks for the messages!

I notice yours (and some others) seem to have every console still plugged in. Do you actually make use of all of those? I used to do that and realized some of them I never really ever played so now the only one that stays plugged in is my PS4 and my SNES modded classic.

Well, to tell you the truth, I don't play video games that much. I play only around 2 or 3 hours per week at most, but when I do have the time to play, I like having them ready. If I had to go through the trouble of getting the cables and connecting them to the TV every time I want to play something, I'm sure that would end up not playing anything, haha. Also, I like the convenience of pressing only one or two buttons to show some old game to my friends when they are here.
Actually, the consoles that I play the least are the modern ones (I haven't used the PS4 for around two months, for instance...) In short, even though I don't play that much, most of what I play is retro stuff. With the expection of the Pippin and the N64 (which I despise, haha), I really do play all of them.

How did you go about with the lighting on the console rack? Is it just led strips or something else? Thanks!

Yeah, they are just remote controlled led strips that I bought for less than US$20,00.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01MF6W07E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Nothing else.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:04:36 pm by ferraroso »

« Reply #1044 on: December 10, 2017, 01:39:16 am »
Just moved this last week (again) and this stack of madness is about 75% of my game collection (the other 25% is out of frame). I'll be putting this together this weekend and hopefully around the new year I'll have my brand spankin new game room in order. It's been about 3-years since I did a game room tour, might have to do a new one ;)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:44:19 am by bikingjahuty »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1045 on: December 10, 2017, 10:10:52 am »
Hmm, this is how my gameroom looks like......always  :(.

tripredacus

« Reply #1046 on: December 11, 2017, 10:20:38 am »

Got some pin-cushion going on. :(

« Reply #1047 on: December 11, 2017, 10:33:06 am »

This same thing happened to an old Panasonic CRT I had a few years ago.

tripredacus

« Reply #1048 on: December 11, 2017, 10:43:14 am »
It may be able to be fixed in the setup menu. I know my Trinition has some functions in the setup menu but not all of them can help. Sometimes you would need to open it up to fix things. Mine has a slight tilt on the screen that the adjustment in the setup menu doesn't change. It is noticeable but I can get used to it, but it is not bad enough that it makes me want to open the thing up!

ferraroso

« Reply #1049 on: December 12, 2017, 08:36:04 am »

I hadn't noticed that at all (and actually had to google the meaning of pin-cushion, haha). Well, maybe I can try soving this in the TV settings, but it doesn't bother me at all.
Does it bother you guys so much?