Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 170259 times)

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #1065 on: October 27, 2018, 07:25:59 pm »
It's been 3-years since my last room tour, and since then my collection has been at in two other rooms in two different places. Here it is in all its glory at the moment. Enjoy :)

https://www.youtube.com/v/RH_pGykChUE
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 07:41:31 pm by bikingjahuty »

azure

« Reply #1066 on: October 28, 2018, 01:27:13 am »
Game room looks great Jahuty, like how condensed it is for the small space.

What kind of shelf is that you have for the PS2 games?

« Reply #1067 on: October 28, 2018, 10:28:07 am »
Game room looks great Jahuty, like how condensed it is for the small space.

What kind of shelf is that you have for the PS2 games?

All my shelves are from a company called Atlantic. The quality of most of them is meh, but I guess their not too bad considering they've held up for about 5-years now and through several moves. The one with the PS2 games holds 1080 CDs I believe.

« Reply #1068 on: October 29, 2018, 12:17:44 am »
All my shelves are from a company called Atlantic. The quality of most of them is meh, but I guess their not too bad considering they've held up for about 5-years now and through several moves. The one with the PS2 games holds 1080 CDs I believe.

I've got the same shelving unit in a different color. Fair warning with them though, a few years back they changed the wood on them, creating a very noticeable drop in quality. I switched to a brand called Prepac, which while not as tall, are far more sturdy (or as sturdy as particle board gets you these days).

« Reply #1069 on: October 29, 2018, 12:45:20 am »

I've got the same shelving unit in a different color. Fair warning with them though, a few years back they changed the wood on them, creating a very noticeable drop in quality. I switched to a brand called Prepac, which while not as tall, are far more sturdy (or as sturdy as particle board gets you these days).

Same thing happened to me about a year ago. Best Buy had a really good sale on their medium sized shelves and  bought two. I started assembling one and immediately noticed how much the quality had dropped and returned both. If I ever do need another shelf I will go with Prepac. The only thing that has kept me from Prepac is the price, but since they're higher quality it definitely sounds worth it.

« Reply #1070 on: October 29, 2018, 04:55:05 am »
I've been satisfied with mine. My only qualm is that the footprint of the shelf is larger than the rest of the unit, so it leaves a gap when side by side. However, it makes it much more stable and sturdy, so it's a tradeoff there.

soera

« Reply #1071 on: October 29, 2018, 05:52:57 am »
It's been 3-years since my last room tour, and since then my collection has been at in two other rooms in two different places. Here it is in all its glory at the moment. Enjoy :)

Corgis? Check :)
PS4 love? Check :)
RPG love? Check :)

SMS? No :(
Kingdoms of Amalur? No :(
DQ titles other than XI on PS4? No :(

rayne315

« Reply #1072 on: October 29, 2018, 11:10:56 am »
I've been satisfied with mine. My only qualm is that the footprint of the shelf is larger than the rest of the unit, so it leaves a gap when side by side. However, it makes it much more stable and sturdy, so it's a tradeoff there.

Well if you really like them and just want to fix it you could always just saw off the end bits to make them fit together better. they should be at the same level so you really shouldn't see any issues. if you do just black paint on the bottom portion and wood varnish on the top or just put items over it like you do now.

personally I like the way it looks. if that were my setup I would definitely find something that would fit perfectly between the gap there and fill it up with whatever it is. pops figures/amiibos/skylanders/rolled posters/etc
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1073 on: October 29, 2018, 01:20:35 pm »
Y’all need to stay on me, and get me to do a video tour of the BOB. I want to do another one.

« Reply #1074 on: October 29, 2018, 02:54:51 pm »

Corgis? Check :)
PS4 love? Check :)
RPG love? Check :)

SMS? No :(
Kingdoms of Amalur? No :(
DQ titles other than XI on PS4? No :(

I have DQ4, DQ5, DQ6 and DQ9 on the DS, DQ7 on the PS1, and DQ8 on the PS2 as well! Gimme some more credit man :p

Flashback2012

« Reply #1075 on: October 29, 2018, 04:35:46 pm »
Y’all need to stay on me, and get me to do a video tour of the BOB. I want to do another one.

Been a while since we've seen/heard anything about your Barncave. I think you should name it Turf's Turf.  ;)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1076 on: October 29, 2018, 04:45:05 pm »
I had a cool man-cave...now it's in the garage because a kid happened. It's insulated and all, but a garage isn't the coolest place to hang out. So I just have my library out there, and the consoles and Blu-Ray players/VCRs in the house.

« Reply #1077 on: November 01, 2018, 05:06:34 pm »
Figured it was about time to post some pictures of my game rooms. The first couple of pictures are from my Rock Band setup where my xbox one currently resides and the rest are from my game room and closet. Enjoy.

Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/P5ZBqq3

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1078 on: November 01, 2018, 09:15:15 pm »
Figured it was about time to post some pictures of my game rooms. The first couple of pictures are from my Rock Band setup where my xbox one currently resides and the rest are from my game room and closet. Enjoy.

Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/P5ZBqq3

Dat's allota games!  I really dig the Rock Band set up.  That's cool.  Very cool stuff, my man.  I love this thread!

« Reply #1079 on: November 18, 2018, 09:27:23 am »
I wish I had the room to have a proper game room. I will someday.