Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 170848 times)

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #1080 on: March 02, 2020, 09:52:21 am »
I've been meaning to do an update for quite some time.  Finally managed to get around to taking some crappy pics the other day. Gonna try and make some notes on changes and such.

Last update I only had one of the big shelving units and I was pretty much out of space.  I knew I needed a second unit up there, but didn't really know what to fill it with, was thinking about moving some other systems up there to help free space in the game room.  Never did, so the bottom 2 shelves of those units are basically empty.

This area really hasn't changed, and you can see the dust accumulated due to that fact.  It's in dire need of rearrangement.  I might move the Virtual Boy stuff back over here at some point.

Last time, my modern stuff was relatively small so PS3 still had space in the living room.  All modern systems grew to the point there just wasn't room for PS3 anymore.  For a period PS3 was stored away in a storage closet (More on that later), but I finally moved them into the game room after I built an additional shelving unit.  This pic, I believe, is about 815 PS2 games and 175 PS3 games.

The new shelf I built, this one was a bit of custom dimensions as the shelves are normally DVD sized, this one has 2 long box sized shelves and several jewel case sized shelves to maximize efficiency. One shelf in particular had to be an odd size because there is a door behind the unit, this was where the controller rack was hung in the last update (More on that later).  You can see the differences as the Genesis unit is DVD sized.

Not much change here really.

I've since added a coffee table to raise up the Trinitron and that corner is largely being used for storage of one of my newer hobbies... statues and figures.  Other than that, not much change here either.  I'm still in a big reorganization mode, so the room in general is kind of a mess with things stacked in places.

Bonus pic to see the stack of statues and such.

Moved the controller rack to the main doorway of the room.  Not much changes here other than the fact that I've boxed away a lot of unused and duplicate controllers, so now there is free space on the controller rack.

Main living room with modern stuff and my display case.  As you can see, Switch at least has really exploded since last update.  X1 has grown considerably as well as has X1BC titles.  PS4 really hasn't grown that much considering.  Display case hasn't really changed since last update, but I'm considering swapping stuff.

And finally the really old stuff and relatively unloved things.  It used to be on the side of the storage closet so it was accessible, but I've since moved DVDs/BDs onto that shelf and I've since moved this stuff to the back of the storage closet so it's really inaccessible... as you can tell.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1081 on: March 02, 2020, 01:02:15 pm »
I've been meaning to do an update for quite some time.

Euh, Wauw

tidus79

« Reply #1082 on: May 09, 2020, 04:02:08 am »
I already seen a lot of impressive collection full of "hot items" and press kit I'd love to own myself!

Anyway I decided to present myself to the community and show off my collection, mostly based on Metal Gear and Final Fantasy items.

Games:

Collector and console bundle:

Books,guides ecc..:

ACTION FIGURE:

Actually my collection is scattered throughout the house (not a single room) in libraries,boxes and shelves.Perhaps in the future I'll move all into a better place.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 04:09:07 am by tidus79 »

telly

« Reply #1083 on: May 09, 2020, 06:46:27 am »
Great to see some Final Fantasy X love, and welcome to the forums!  :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tidus79

« Reply #1084 on: May 09, 2020, 10:55:28 am »
Thanks ! ^^

« Reply #1085 on: May 09, 2020, 11:19:55 am »
Forgot we had a thread for this. Not pics, but in case anyone wanted to see my game room here is a video I shot of it earlier this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vy68Ci-Up0&t=88s

« Reply #1086 on: July 21, 2022, 06:04:39 pm »

I haven't shared anything in a while! I don't display very many games in my home. I just have this one shelf. I swap out the items in one of the cells once a month to keep things fresh. This is what it currently looks like.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1087 on: July 21, 2022, 07:55:06 pm »
I've been meaning to do an update for quite some time.  Finally managed to get around to taking some crappy pics the other day. Gonna try and make some notes on changes and such.

Last update I only had one of the big shelving units and I was pretty much out of space.  I knew I needed a second unit up there, but didn't really know what to fill it with, was thinking about moving some other systems up there to help free space in the game room.  Never did, so the bottom 2 shelves of those units are basically empty.

This area really hasn't changed, and you can see the dust accumulated due to that fact.  It's in dire need of rearrangement.  I might move the Virtual Boy stuff back over here at some point.

Last time, my modern stuff was relatively small so PS3 still had space in the living room.  All modern systems grew to the point there just wasn't room for PS3 anymore.  For a period PS3 was stored away in a storage closet (More on that later), but I finally moved them into the game room after I built an additional shelving unit.  This pic, I believe, is about 815 PS2 games and 175 PS3 games.

The new shelf I built, this one was a bit of custom dimensions as the shelves are normally DVD sized, this one has 2 long box sized shelves and several jewel case sized shelves to maximize efficiency. One shelf in particular had to be an odd size because there is a door behind the unit, this was where the controller rack was hung in the last update (More on that later).  You can see the differences as the Genesis unit is DVD sized.

Not much change here really.

I've since added a coffee table to raise up the Trinitron and that corner is largely being used for storage of one of my newer hobbies... statues and figures.  Other than that, not much change here either.  I'm still in a big reorganization mode, so the room in general is kind of a mess with things stacked in places.

Bonus pic to see the stack of statues and such.

Moved the controller rack to the main doorway of the room.  Not much changes here other than the fact that I've boxed away a lot of unused and duplicate controllers, so now there is free space on the controller rack.

Main living room with modern stuff and my display case.  As you can see, Switch at least has really exploded since last update.  X1 has grown considerably as well as has X1BC titles.  PS4 really hasn't grown that much considering.  Display case hasn't really changed since last update, but I'm considering swapping stuff.

And finally the really old stuff and relatively unloved things.  It used to be on the side of the storage closet so it was accessible, but I've since moved DVDs/BDs onto that shelf and I've since moved this stuff to the back of the storage closet so it's really inaccessible... as you can tell.

Wow...that's massive! Impressive. (That's what she said.)

I just collect too much stuff to have that large of a game collection. My game collection is pretty much on par with my movie collection, and my comic collection is well over 5,000.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 07:58:12 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #1088 on: July 24, 2022, 07:45:16 pm »
Ive been thinking about updating this actually.  Things are slightly different now.

I painted all of my shelves so now they are black instead of wood colored.  I boxed away all NES and older stuff.  Roughly half of my SNES games are boxed away.  Nintendo Wii/Wii U/GCN stuff are in my office now and handheld stuff is in my bedroom... we cleared out our loft for just books and my son's desktop. 

I'm still sort of working on my office, Xbox One/Series stuff doesn't really have a good place right now, NS/PS4/PS5 stuff needs to be organized, SNES stuff needs to be alphabetized, and all of my CEs are boxed away too.

So I've still got work until I can bother to take pictures

« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 02:06:40 pm by ignition365 »

« Reply #1089 on: February 05, 2024, 10:55:50 pm »
I just looked over the above game rooms and they were amazing! Will take a pic of my game room which consists of just a pc and a switch.  Most of my games I keep in my bedroom.  Yes I actually sleep with my collection!

pzeke

« Reply #1090 on: February 26, 2024, 10:01:37 am »
[...] Yes I actually sleep with my collection!

You ain't the only one, boyo.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!