Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 179828 times)

karyann

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #720 on: April 12, 2014, 01:42:08 am »
Wow Argyle, that's an amazing room! Lots of amazing stuff that made me drool all over my keyboard :)

« Reply #721 on: April 12, 2014, 03:52:21 am »
Argyle, where did you get the frames for the posters? And how much does it cost?

argyle

« Reply #722 on: April 12, 2014, 09:46:50 am »
Argyle, where did you get the frames for the posters? And how much does it cost?

Different places - the 3 PS2 posters are in frames I got from Wal-Mart.  I've had them a while, but I want to say I paid around $10/each for them.  The Nintendo Power posters I got from Michael's (an arts & crafts store, dunno if it's regional or not).  They were having a buy 1 get 1 sale so they averaged around $8-$10 each I think.  Some of the others I've had for a while so I don't remember where or how much I paid.  And the PA strip is in a frame that I frankly overpaid for, but I wanted it in a nicer frame so there ya go.   ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #723 on: April 16, 2014, 11:30:19 pm »
Different places - the 3 PS2 posters are in frames I got from Wal-Mart.  I've had them a while, but I want to say I paid around $10/each for them.  The Nintendo Power posters I got from Michael's (an arts & crafts store, dunno if it's regional or not).  They were having a buy 1 get 1 sale so they averaged around $8-$10 each I think.  Some of the others I've had for a while so I don't remember where or how much I paid.  And the PA strip is in a frame that I frankly overpaid for, but I wanted it in a nicer frame so there ya go.   ;D

Oh I see, I'll have to go to Walmart and Michaels, they opened a  store a couple months ago near me.
Thanks for answering my question!

spac316

« Reply #724 on: April 20, 2014, 01:38:45 am »
My gallery has the latest updates to my collection
http://vgcollect.com/gallery/spac316

« Reply #725 on: April 24, 2014, 02:07:08 am »
Since my first post, I've upgrade from "Gaming Shelves" to "Gaming Bookcase"! lol I got everything better organized now.  Top shelf is nothing but Zelda games.  Second shelf is basically all Nintendo related.  Third Shelf is Nintendo 64 since I can actually pull them out of the drawer now and Sega games.  Fourth Shelf is PS1/PS2/PS3 and Xbox 360 Games.  and bottom shelf is mostly just for whatever and the few cased copies of PC games I have.  I have a bunch of physical PC games over the years, but most of those are just in a big CD case.  I have some more gaming memorabilia stuff to put on the shelf that are elsewhere in the room right now, but I'm slowly building up.

anruiukimi

« Reply #726 on: April 24, 2014, 01:28:26 pm »
Looks like your collection is underway well! :D Very cool, I need a bigger bookcase for mine... xD;

karyann

« Reply #727 on: April 29, 2014, 08:48:25 am »
Since my first post, I've upgrade from "Gaming Shelves" to "Gaming Bookcase"! lol I got everything better organized now.  Top shelf is nothing but Zelda games.  Second shelf is basically all Nintendo related.  Third Shelf is Nintendo 64 since I can actually pull them out of the drawer now and Sega games.  Fourth Shelf is PS1/PS2/PS3 and Xbox 360 Games.  and bottom shelf is mostly just for whatever and the few cased copies of PC games I have.  I have a bunch of physical PC games over the years, but most of those are just in a big CD case.  I have some more gaming memorabilia stuff to put on the shelf that are elsewhere in the room right now, but I'm slowly building up.

Looking great :) I like how there's space at the front of the bookcase to put some toys and whatnot. I'll have to get me some bookshelves like this when I have enough space!

argyle

« Reply #728 on: April 29, 2014, 09:15:56 am »
Meant to post this earlier, but here's my framed Club Nintendo LoZ poster I finally got hung in my den:

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

soera

« Reply #729 on: April 29, 2014, 09:33:01 am »
That poster is the exact reason I ordered the set myself. I gave the other two posters to my buddy whose teen daughter is a huge Zelda nut. I like the frame around it but I know the size of the poster and looking at it in that frame, there is no way I would have room for it. :)

argyle

« Reply #730 on: April 29, 2014, 10:51:09 am »
Yeah, it's pretty big.  A friend had given me the frame a couple years ago for another purpose, but it was the wrong size so I had just been holding onto it.  Got the mat cut at my local Hobby Lobby and it looks fantastic (much better than that pic actually but the lighting sucks at my house, so it's either very yellow or washed-out with the flash...). 

Warmsignal

« Reply #731 on: April 29, 2014, 03:23:52 pm »

I think I have the same bookcase, but in black. I kept getting damaged ones when I first bought mine. It's an okay case, unfortunately only holds about 1/4 of my stuff! I wanna just build a whole wall shelf system at this point.

« Reply #732 on: April 29, 2014, 09:38:33 pm »
Just fionished installiong the ledstip in my gameroom.

Did a few tests. It is great but i need a bifier power supply.

« Reply #733 on: May 20, 2014, 10:11:35 pm »
my main gaming hub and my games spindle(more on other side).

90snostalga

« Reply #734 on: May 21, 2014, 11:07:50 am »
my main gaming hub and my games spindle(more on other side).

I love this setup especially the layout with the tv, the stands on the side and how you have looks like a dvd player on a separate platform from the top.  Very very nice setup in my opinion