Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 170961 times)

rayne315

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #930 on: December 07, 2015, 03:29:00 pm »
speaking of how people hook things up I have a strange question.
I recently unplugged a bunch of systems that I  haven't used in a while from my power strips and found out something a bit shocking, my energy bill dropped $20 month over month. unplugging those systems was the only thing of note I did over that space of time as I played the same amount of time used the same lights and cooked the exact same amount. so that has got me thinking does anyone have a power solution, like a power strip, that cuts power to systems that are off but still take power? like how ps4 and xbone always have the light on even when powered off and can turn themselves on when they sense a update.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #931 on: December 07, 2015, 04:21:22 pm »
A) It's winter time, if you don't use your heater or you have a gas heater, your bill will drop.

B) Most electronics use minor amounts of electricity while off even if plugged in.  My understanding is that if you are using a power strip and you turn off the power strip when not using it, the devices shouldn't be able to receive any electricity, but I could be wrong.

rayne315

« Reply #932 on: December 07, 2015, 05:05:11 pm »
A) It's winter time, if you don't use your heater or you have a gas heater, your bill will drop.

B) Most electronics use minor amounts of electricity while off even if plugged in.  My understanding is that if you are using a power strip and you turn off the power strip when not using it, the devices shouldn't be able to receive any electricity, but I could be wrong.

A) I actually noticed this happen before the winter and even adjusted for the fluctuations of energy price it still wouldn't have accounted for $20 so all the systems hooked up must have taken up a lot more power than I expected.

B) my power strips are behind my entertainment system and I would love to keep them back their so both flipping the switch on my power strip and unplugging the strip are both difficult and unwanted.

more-so What I was asking was does anyone have any of those smart power strips that actually cut all power to the outlet when the item is not in use? and if so do they work and would you recommend them? like are they cost effective for the price you pay for them?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:07:07 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #933 on: December 07, 2015, 06:00:20 pm »

A) I actually noticed this happen before the winter and even adjusted for the fluctuations of energy price it still wouldn't have accounted for $20 so all the systems hooked up must have taken up a lot more power than I expected.

B) my power strips are behind my entertainment system and I would love to keep them back their so both flipping the switch on my power strip and unplugging the strip are both difficult and unwanted.

more-so What I was asking was does anyone have any of those smart power strips that actually cut all power to the outlet when the item is not in use? and if so do they work and would you recommend them? like are they cost effective for the price you pay for them?

Idk, im just sayian, my bill 2 months ago was like 200, last month was 143.  That was my change from running ac all the time to no ac at all.

For me a $20 change is negligible enough that I dont really question why.

« Reply #934 on: December 07, 2015, 08:43:38 pm »
Just filmed an upgraded Game Room Tour! Enjoy

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:02:42 pm by bikingjahuty »

Bwigdahl

« Reply #935 on: December 10, 2015, 10:17:03 pm »
Finally got my game room set up in my new house! have a few more things I'd like to do, but I like it for a start :D

theflea

« Reply #936 on: December 17, 2015, 06:05:24 pm »
I Youtuber wanted to film a skit in my game room for his FML series, thought you guys might want to see.  ;)
Kinda the closest I have to a video room tour at the moment. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjYb-9zHUKs

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:11:58 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

rayne315

« Reply #937 on: December 17, 2015, 06:29:27 pm »
I Youtuber wanted to film a skit in my game room for his FML series, thought you guys might want to see.  ;)

What games did he leave for you as payment for being able to film the awesomeness? ;)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:31:22 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #938 on: January 03, 2016, 06:44:34 pm »

lol. thats amazing.

« Reply #939 on: March 06, 2016, 07:41:18 am »
2 months after my moving i just finished creating my new game room this week so i can finally start to move everything inside, a lot of work have been done since it was a garage before and it still need a few weeks (maybe a month depending of the free time i will have) of work to be completed but this morning i made probably the most important installation: the consoles  8). All this cables are still a mess but i can finally play again (the only games i've played lately are some free mobile phone games :-\). Those... how do you call them... "stackable storage plastic box" on the left side are my latest purchase, they will be used to sort all my controllers and accessory (and to protect them from the dust too) but i still need to put some console and/or developer logo on them to know where i will put everything.

rryan60462

« Reply #940 on: March 19, 2016, 04:46:22 pm »
Here is my setup, lets call it the 1.0 version. I have aspirations to make this a transformer type of setup. I plan on getting an all around unit from ikea or something, or maybe just building it myself. I want the tv in the middles and systems going all around it with games and collectables up top. Of course that is after we close a house next year haha. Condo is a bit small for that.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #941 on: April 04, 2016, 06:35:03 am »
Here is my setup, lets call it the 1.0 version. I have aspirations to make this a transformer type of setup. I plan on getting an all around unit from ikea or something, or maybe just building it myself. I want the tv in the middles and systems going all around it with games and collectables up top. Of course that is after we close a house next year haha. Condo is a bit small for that.

Then you should go for that. It's from IKEA and I can house up to 32 consoles at once. Here a year old pictures:

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #942 on: April 04, 2016, 11:12:53 am »
Lots of nice set ups! I wish I could use my living room
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

soera

« Reply #943 on: April 06, 2016, 07:35:08 pm »
Alright, its finally time to post pics of the Gamecave v2.0

I moved into my current house about 6 months ago. When we first moved in, the stepson and the boy wanted to share a room. They both decided that they wanted to occupy the garage and so that left open their room. I decided it was time to rebuild the gamecave but with a twist. I was not going to go the museum route. I had a lot of stuff in my previous collection that had no meaning to me and it was so packed full that I couldnt ever make use of the fact that I was a gamer. So I sold/traded/gave away a big chunk of my stuff, invested in an actual TV/chair/footrest and proceeded to build up a room. Hope you guys like the final product.

Pic #1 - Skylanders

Pic #2 - Healix/DQ Victory Wii controller

Pic #3 - PS1 kiosk and boxed SMS accessories

Pic #4 - SMS demos/blue labels and other stuff in glass case

Pic #5 - DQ wall

Pic #6 - Custom built wall

I will get some more pics tonight. :)

« Reply #944 on: April 07, 2016, 08:39:50 am »
Damn, I still want to get one of those Metal Gear PS4 controllers.