Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 174543 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #990 on: October 15, 2016, 11:21:59 am »
My comic book long-boxes, after years in service:

19½ long boxes...nice sized collection.  :) Which company would you say you have more books from? I grew up a DC guy so I'd say over half my collection is DC books (probably a 60% if I had to guess).

I've been trying to replace my boxes before having to resort to using tape. I wish I could get the hard plastic ones but those are running like $30 apiece...too rich for my blood.  :o

I'm at around 5500 issues, according to my software. Mostly DC and Marvel, both. Early 90s to current. But with the current, I have been leaning way more to the DC side. (Not liking a lot of what Marvel is doing lately.) I also have a little bit of other licensed stuff (Horror, Sci-fi, Gaming), early Image stuff, Conan, and Star Trek sprinkled through-out.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 11:23:37 am by burningdoom »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #991 on: October 15, 2016, 01:22:32 pm »
Even do its a garage, i like your setup. I wish i had a space like that.

And those graphic novels, i didnt know you had those, but what/who are they?

Thanks. I like the space. Not the temperature in summer. Should have that worked out after the next tax-return, though.

Mostly Marvel and DC graphic novels. And not a whole lot of graphic novels. Most of my comic collection is the old floppies, in those old beat-up longboxes. A lot of those books you see are sci-fi novels and stuff like Marvel Encyclopedias, or Movie Hound Guides. I also have a row up top of Star Trek novels.

Ok, still Marvel and DC stuff. I thought you might have some other graphic novels.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #992 on: October 15, 2016, 07:05:28 pm »
I've been trying to replace my boxes before having to resort to using tape. I wish I could get the hard plastic ones but those are running like $30 apiece...too rich for my blood.  :o

I swapped all of my regular boxes out for Drawer Boxes from the Collection Drawer Company. Makes it really easy to get to everything, especially issues in the boxes at the bottom of the stack. They run a bit over $10 each in packs of five.

I'd also recommend setting the bottom row up on some 1x2 or 2x4 wood blocks/strips in case there's a leak. I had the pan for my hot water tank leak and it took out my entire bottom row of boxes. Thankfully I had everything bagged and boarded so I didn't lose any comics.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #993 on: October 21, 2016, 02:55:42 pm »
The wood blocks are a great idea, thanks!

And if you look, almost all of those are drawer boxes, except a few on top (in front).

« Reply #994 on: January 17, 2017, 12:45:33 pm »
New member, first post.

Lots of great collections here.  I've been gaming for over 30 yrs and I'm looking forward to learning some stuff as I actively "start" my collection.
He's no good to me skinny.

nellen

« Reply #995 on: March 13, 2017, 12:44:32 am »

new tv for the game room looks good. that tv stand is not permanent lol and still have 7 consoles and a PC to plug in. if you guys have any cool updates or additions to your game rooms I would love to see them

shepard11

« Reply #996 on: March 13, 2017, 12:50:04 am »
Nice...question through where did ya get those mega man and cuts man figures at?

nellen

« Reply #997 on: March 13, 2017, 01:55:57 am »
Nice...question through where did ya get those mega man and cuts man figures at?

there blind bags from kid robot. the cut man looks great and got lucky it was the one i really wanted but the Megaman one looks bad up close.

« Reply #998 on: April 06, 2017, 01:14:03 pm »
It's been nearly a year since I've updated my pics on here with what the game room looks like now.  I moved to couch up to the loft with all of the handheld stuff, it's super nice up there, I rather enjoyed playing Haunting Ground up there... pics for it at some point down the line.  The only picture I have of it at the moment is when I took a pic of my snorlaxs

Main game room really hasn't changed.

Retro game room pics incoming.  I made 2 more shelving units after I got rid of the couch.  So now, my sitting unit is a giant shark sleeping bag dubbed "Chumbuddy" (That's the product's actual name, but I call him Ripster) and a "Chumbuddy Jr." (He doesn't have a name).

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 01:18:11 pm by ignition365 »

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #999 on: June 04, 2017, 09:25:23 pm »
Wonder why more people dont use the gallery option for thier collection pics?

« Reply #1000 on: June 05, 2017, 09:09:43 am »
Wonder why more people dont use the gallery option for thier collection pics?
Not super obvious.

Also, my gameroom is in an almost constant flux.  I'm getting ready to fracture my game rooms because I've run out of space.  I'm moving my GCN and Wii games up into the handheld gameroom because I already have a GCN up there for the GBPlayer and Wii games kind of require a more open area.  I don't like it, but I'm just plum out of space and nothing else makes sense.

shepard11

« Reply #1001 on: June 05, 2017, 04:34:02 pm »
I dont use the gallery option because my game room is not where I want it to be. And now that my wife and I are looking to buy a house I've just started packing things up by system. I hope when we find a house I can get that room underway as soon as possible.

« Reply #1002 on: June 05, 2017, 04:35:53 pm »
I dont use the gallery option because my game room is not where I want it to be. And now that my wife and I are looking to buy a house I've just started packing things up by system. I hope when we find a house I can get that room underway as soon as possible.
We already own, but we are talking about having the house expanded to add an extra room.  Planning on something like 16x20 or something.

shepard11

« Reply #1003 on: June 05, 2017, 06:34:34 pm »
We already own, but we are talking about having the house expanded to add an extra room.  Planning on something like 16x20 or something.

That's awesome

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1004 on: June 05, 2017, 10:02:29 pm »
Well I am always interested in seeing other collections.Good luck too you both on your new home and future gamerooms.