Author Topic: Good price for a Samsung GX TV?  (Read 9524 times)

Good price for a Samsung GX TV?
« on: August 16, 2011, 01:13:45 pm »
There's one available locally for $50 and it includes the remote and manual. I want it but in reality, it's only a 13 inch TV and I don't think I'll be playing on it all that much. Is $50 a great price or is that pretty standard?
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

matt

Re: Good price for a Samsung GX TV?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 01:38:04 pm »
There is one on ebay right now for $30 but shipping will destroy you. $50 is probably not a horrible price but then again..it is just a 13" tv.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 02:21:19 pm »
Ironic that we place more importance on things once they are labeled as "gamer".

I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

scott

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 02:32:19 pm »
Ironic that we place more importance on things once they are labeled as "gamer".

Ha, I try to stay away from things labeled "gamer".

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 03:20:03 pm »
What are you guys talking about?  I'm all about this stuff.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 03:21:37 pm »
There's one available locally for $50 and it includes the remote and manual. I want it but in reality, it's only a 13 inch TV and I don't think I'll be playing on it all that much. Is $50 a great price or is that pretty standard?

Doesn't @jobocan have one?  He had it photographed in his gamer room pics post...  Maybe you can see what he thinks?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

matt

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 03:54:38 pm »
Although I'm not opposed to this Gamer Grub, I consider anything at the corner 7-11 to be gamer grub worthy.

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 04:00:25 pm »
Although I'm not opposed to this Gamer Grub, I consider anything at the corner 7-11 to be gamer grub worthy.

I was joking actually, but I shouldn't knock it since I haven't tried it.  But I agree - anything at the corner store is definitely gamer grub worthy.  The big selling point on the Gamer Grub is the "tear and tilt" opening which allows the gamer to eat without using their hands to touch the food at all - resulting in non-greasy controllers/keyboards.  Cheetos are no match for that, I suppose (but they're so good!).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 04:38:48 pm »
While I try to stay away from things marketed as "better for gaming", I won't deny myself game related clothes/ toys/ swag. I just try to stay away from "enhanced" keyboards/ Mice/ speakers/ etc. Pretty much any of that stuff is just a way overcharge for garbage.... I'm looking at you Z-board.

That being said. I need this, soon. http://fangamer.net/products/e-mug

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 05:43:37 pm »
That being said. I need this, soon. http://fangamer.net/products/e-mug

Amazing.  I wouldn't mind getting a can of this to put on my shelf either: http://en.gigazine.net/news/20080825_ecan_drink/

The mug is better, though.  But something about the handle bugs me.  They should have a model without the handle!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 06:47:37 pm »

Doesn't @jobocan have one?  He had it photographed in his gamer room pics post...  Maybe you can see what he thinks?

Indeed I do have one. I paid 20$ for mine, though it didn't include the remote and manual.
My only negative about the TV is that it doesn't display the full screen on genesis games (not sure if there's any way to fix that... I will note that I'm plugged in with the RF connector), sometimes it's missing the life bar and such on some games. Everything else I've played on it looked amazing though, and the sound is great.

I don't think 50$ is a bad price, though I'd try dealing him down a little bit if I was you.

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 10:46:01 pm »
That's a pretty neat TV, I've never seen one before.  You can get a lot of TV for $50 these days though.  I decided I wanted a CRT television for my retro systems (also so my gun games work).  I did a TON of research online and decided to go for a Sony XBR.  They have tons of inputs, is capable of 1080i, and has that classic look.  They were VERY expensive 7-8 years ago, I picked up a 36" that weights over 200 lbs.  I watched my local classifieds for months and a few popped up but I wasn't willing to drive that far.  Finally one showed up and I grabbed it, I paid $40 for a TV that at one time costed close to $1600.  I can check my classifieds and find at any time 100+ tube televisions that are less than $40.  People can't hardly give them away at this point when LCD TVs start at around $300.

darko

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 10:49:04 am »
There's one of these on the Oklahoma City CL right now. I would pick it up just for fun but I have no need for it whatsoever.

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 11:18:06 am »
There's one of these on the Oklahoma City CL right now. I would pick it up just for fun but I have no need for it whatsoever.

Yeah, that's the one I went to look at, and I offered the guy 30 for it and he wouldn't budge at all. I tried to explain that its 2011 and he was trying to sell a 13 inch color television but he wasn't grasping that. Oh well, not like I NEEDED it...

darko

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 02:40:22 pm »
@brettybluevein It's still on there so I doubt anyone needs it for $50.00. It's cool but for $50.00 you could buy something much nicer/bigger. I have a 27" Sony flat screen tube tvl that I've had for years (bought it new). It's supposedly one of the best tube TVs ever made. I saw one of them go for $40 not too long ago on CL.