Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 85548 times)

desocietas

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #345 on: January 09, 2012, 06:19:47 pm »
Thankfully how fun it is transcends how completely awful I am at it.

That's how I feel about pinball!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #346 on: January 10, 2012, 07:13:02 am »
I picked up Lumines on PSP yesterday. It's actually quite fun. I'm not sure why I never picked it up before.

jobocan

« Reply #347 on: January 13, 2012, 03:47:52 pm »
Got a couple things today...

For Super Famicom:
Ganbare Goemon 3: Shishij?rokub? no Karakuri Manji Gatame
Godzilla Kaiju Daikessen
Rockman 7 (much cheaper than the US version)
Rockman's Soccer (also cheaper than the US version)

Otherwise:
Knuckles Chaotix
120-in-1 MVS cartridge (until I start getting a proper collection for it :P)

foxhack

« Reply #348 on: January 13, 2012, 04:16:42 pm »
Let us know how that MVS cart works out. I've been curious about those for some time, especially because of the unique hacks they usually include.

jobocan

« Reply #349 on: January 13, 2012, 05:48:20 pm »
Let us know how that MVS cart works out. I've been curious about those for some time, especially because of the unique hacks they usually include.

So far it's a hassle... There's a very specific position the cartridge has to be in my MVS' slot for it to work at all, and even then sometimes the games won't load (so you have to reposition it). After spending nearly an hour trying to figure it out, I got it to work! ... and it's missing half of the 120 games (I've seen videos, I know it goes up to 120, mine stops at 56). At least the games I've tried work great, I've had no problems so far on that end. But I'm contacting the guys I bought it from to see if they either have a quick fix (maybe I'm doing something wrong, who knows?), or to get a new one since I'm guessing mine is defective. But, if I do get it to work/manage to exchange it for a working one, I will say that it seems pretty cool.

My only big complaint (minus the "I don't have all the games on it" part) is that the games are strewn about at random on the cart rather than being in alphabetical order or something, so you have to search around randomly for the games.

« Reply #350 on: January 13, 2012, 11:05:37 pm »
Been wanting to get back into some SNK fighters so I picked up the following the past few days:

Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol.1 (PS2)
World Heroes Anthology (PS2)
Samurai Showdown Anthology (Wii)

ffxik

« Reply #351 on: January 14, 2012, 03:10:34 am »
1 boxed Atari Jaguar CD with the 4 bundled discs included.

foxhack

« Reply #352 on: January 14, 2012, 07:53:59 am »
Been wanting to get back into some SNK fighters so I picked up the following the past few days:

Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol.1 (PS2)
World Heroes Anthology (PS2)
Samurai Showdown Anthology (Wii)

Hope SamSho Anthology doesn't suck on the Wii! The PS2 version is half-baked.

jobocan

« Reply #353 on: January 14, 2012, 04:51:09 pm »
Huh... after further inspection of my MVS multicart, it turns out I do have all the games on it... the menu is just glitched and it "ends" at 56, but, if you go further, you'll get games different from the ones listed, continuing at the same order as the game list for it (http://www.smallcab.net/telechargement/liste/mvs_120_in_1_GL.pdf). A bit unwieldy, but it will work... Twinkle Star Sprites is freaking awesome :P

foxhack

« Reply #354 on: January 14, 2012, 05:51:16 pm »
I'm REALLY curious about some of those games. Double Dragon Plus? Rage of Dragons Plus? Augh, why aren't those hacks in MAME...

jobocan

« Reply #355 on: January 14, 2012, 05:54:47 pm »
Now that I know how to get all of the games, I'll check them out soon, see what the "plus" means. In the case of SVC Chaos Plus, it's just the same game, but will all the characters unlocked.

*EDIT*
To add to that, Double Dragon Plus is the same game but with the boss characters unlocked (note: THIS double dragon is a fighting game rather than a beat 'em up... and it's loosely based on the movie it seems... and it's actually quite fun).
King of Fighters 2002 MAGIC II seems to be the same game, but with unlimited super bar and I THINK easier commands to execute supers, maybe easier combos or something... hard for me to say since I'm not terribly familiar with KOF in general.
Metal Slug 6 Plus is Metal Slug 3 but with more power-ups (for example, you start with a thunder cloud).

ffxik

« Reply #356 on: January 14, 2012, 07:27:30 pm »
A freind of mine just gave me a Atari 2600 and about 30 games with it. o.O

jobocan

« Reply #357 on: January 16, 2012, 06:03:38 pm »
Got Crue Ball, Kirby's Dream Course, Phantom 2040 (SNES), Pac-Man 2 (SNES), City Connection and the 3 Burger King games on 360 (they were less than 2$ each). Basically just random stuff.

darko

« Reply #358 on: January 16, 2012, 09:13:41 pm »
I picked up Split/Second for the 360 this weekend. It's pretty decent on the fun scale. Lots of explosions and whatnot. A different take on a racing game for sure. I only paid $20 new. I don't know that I could recommend it for anything over that price.

I also picked up Mad Maestro!, ChoroQ, and Bombastic on the PS2 (all complete for a total of $10) and Prinny 2 and R-Type for PSP ($10 a piece, all complete).

I picked up a few free boxes+all inserts for Mortal Kombat (GB), Mario Land 2 (GB), Bo Jackson Baseball/Football (GB), and Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (SNES). Most of them are in near mint condition with the exception of Return of the Jedi which is still acceptable. These boxes also came with the map and manual for A Link to the Past. All of this was free!

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #359 on: January 17, 2012, 01:29:31 pm »
Picked up an X-Men 4-player arcade this weekend. Now I need to find a spot to put it.