Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 80752 times)

soera

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #810 on: April 23, 2012, 11:39:04 pm »
Heh :)

madmax

« Reply #811 on: April 24, 2012, 02:46:43 am »
I may or may not have just bought this bad boy. The price was right for me, I couldn't resist.
Now it just needs to come in the mail.

forte

« Reply #812 on: April 24, 2012, 09:40:19 am »
picked up Mega Man X and Mega Man X5 big box pc versions, as well as a game boy advance sp with an action replay, which are apparently quite expensive nowadays

blipcs76

« Reply #813 on: April 24, 2012, 10:45:24 am »
A friend gave me his "old Gameboy stuff"
http://i.imgur.com/ijRlI.jpg?1

Nice!  I'm looking for the Grape Game Boy Color out in the wild (need grape and dandelion to finish out my GBC set).

blipcs76

« Reply #814 on: April 24, 2012, 10:46:48 am »
Dont kill me for getting lucky over an entire weekend but I did pretty good tonight. I traded some stuff and worked a few deals but I got another lot of around 100 NES games including Duck Tales 2 and TMNT Tournament fighters and Mega Man 1. Also scored both the Zelda and SMB board games.

I wanna go game hunting with you.  How are you finding these stashes of games?

darko

« Reply #815 on: April 24, 2012, 01:51:19 pm »
Dont kill me for getting lucky over an entire weekend but I did pretty good tonight. I traded some stuff and worked a few deals but I got another lot of around 100 NES games including Duck Tales 2 and TMNT Tournament fighters and Mega Man 1. Also scored both the Zelda and SMB board games.

I wanna go game hunting with you.  How are you finding these stashes of games?

His secret starts with a C and ends in raig's List.

darko

« Reply #816 on: April 24, 2012, 01:52:48 pm »
I may or may not have just bought this bad boy. The price was right for me, I couldn't resist.
Now it just needs to come in the mail.

What is that, exactly?

I'm not really into the FF extras so I'm 100% lost.

EDIT: Yeah, that's right....I double posted.

madmax

« Reply #817 on: April 24, 2012, 02:35:42 pm »

What is that, exactly?

I'm not really into the FF extras so I'm 100% lost.

EDIT: Yeah, that's right....I double posted.

It's basically the Japanese special edition of Final Fantasy Origins. It includes a disk for FF, a disk for FFII, a fancy box, artwork and 3 figurines. It's pretty rare

soera

« Reply #818 on: April 24, 2012, 02:40:19 pm »
That looks awesome. Im entirely jealous of some of your FF stuff. I think my most awesome piece of my FF collection is the full size store standee for FFXII (the release date was the same day my daughter was born and I actually named her after a FF character).

darko

« Reply #819 on: April 24, 2012, 02:49:43 pm »
It's basically the Japanese special edition of Final Fantasy Origins. It includes a disk for FF, a disk for FFII, a fancy box, artwork and 3 figurines. It's pretty rare

Oh cool. I didn't know if those were games or soundtracks.

I'm sure one day I'll run out of games to buy and start searching for the more obscure pieces. Thankfully for my wallet I'm not quite to that point yet.

foxhack

« Reply #820 on: April 24, 2012, 03:51:31 pm »
Call of Duty 4 GOTY (PC, disc in case) - $2.

Hope this thing works. :P

jobocan

« Reply #821 on: April 24, 2012, 05:56:32 pm »

Sadly that doesn't work for everyone...
Over here craigslist/kijiji are filled with people selling NES games for 15$ a piece, or claiming that some of the really common games like Dragon Warrior are rare.... DRAGON WARRIOR... the game Nintendo gave away for FREE after it came out. People here are ridiculous.

On a different note, got a couple things today... completely random pick ups!
First I went to Best Buy and picked up MadWorld and House of the Dead Overkill on Wii for super cheap. Didn't like Madworld the first time I played it, but I'll give it another chance.
Then I got home and received... Wizardry on NES, Firepower 2000 on SNES, Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition on 360 (comes in a nifty box!... guessing I'll hate that game, but whatever :P), Super Monkey Ball on Gamecube and Dragon Quest 8 on PS2.

Unrelated, also got all the seasons of Futurama on DVD from Amazon.ca for less than half the price than if I would've gotten it elsewhere. Yay!

jcalder8

« Reply #822 on: April 24, 2012, 06:02:09 pm »
@jobocan, if you are looking for someone to play with in Perfect Dark Zero let me know, I used to love this game.

jobocan

« Reply #823 on: April 24, 2012, 06:56:58 pm »
@jobocan, if you are looking for someone to play with in Perfect Dark Zero let me know, I used to love this game.

Sorry, don't have Xbox Live Gold.

blipcs76

« Reply #824 on: April 25, 2012, 10:27:32 am »

Sadly that doesn't work for everyone...
Over here craigslist/kijiji are filled with people selling NES games for 15$ a piece, or claiming that some of the really common games like Dragon Warrior are rare.... DRAGON WARRIOR... the game Nintendo gave away for FREE after it came out. People here are ridiculous.

I check CL every few days looking for NES and other retro games, but I live in a smaller city and there's just not enough quantity to find these deals.  There's a much bigger city nearby, but I can't justify driving an hour away on the chance that the games in this person's listing aren't all commons or sold by the time I get there.  What is listed here is often by collectors or people who think their copy of Super Mario Bros. is worth $10+, so getting deals just doesn't happen for me.

I use CL to scout garage sales, which has been far more successful.