Author Topic: PAX 2011  (Read 4215 times)

desocietas

PAX 2011
« on: August 26, 2011, 12:38:13 pm »
Anyone going/there?  I've been wanting to go for years, but the plans have never fully materialized (and it's in an iffy time of year - right before our school semester starts).  They always seem to have some really excellent swag there, too...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

madmax

Re: PAX 2011
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 05:29:03 pm »
Nope :(
I always want to go to these things but I'm always too busy.
Alex and i do plan on Comiccon and Vidcon next year, we'll see how that plays out.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 05:41:26 pm »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 03:48:38 pm »
I wish I had been able to go to PAX.... The Castle Crashers stuff alone would have been worth the trip.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 01:15:21 pm »
I went to PAX this year, just got home yesterday.....man was it awesome! Got tons of Nintendo swag and the Halofest section was unbelievable. I played the Anniversary Edition Halo that comes out in November, and let me assure you, that game will blow your mind.

The Castle Crashers stuff was amazing, they custom built a huge arcade machine that has space for 4 players to play VERY comfortably on a super widescreen display. I'll post some pics of it here in a bit. They also had little CC figures, but they wanted 20 each for them :[
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 01:29:26 pm »
I went to PAX this year, just got home yesterday.....man was it awesome! Got tons of Nintendo swag and the Halofest section was unbelievable. I played the Anniversary Edition Halo that comes out in November, and let me assure you, that game will blow your mind.

The Castle Crashers stuff was amazing, they custom built a huge arcade machine that has space for 4 players to play VERY comfortably on a super widescreen display. I'll post some pics of it here in a bit. They also had little CC figures, but they wanted 20 each for them :[

Lucky!  Totally envious.  And those figurines (http://www.merchlackey.com/thebehemoth/figurines.php) seem to be out of stock currently on the site, but would've been cool to not have to pay for shipping and such at the booth.  Would be cool if they made a figurine for the pink knight, too!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 01:40:26 pm »
They had a smaller pink knight available via a Japanese capsule machine that they brought. You bought 300 Japanese Yen for 5 dollars, put the coins in, and got your knight. Those figures were really cool, but I can't start collecting anything else at this point, or I'll have a second residence filled with my collections like on hoarders.

I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 01:55:28 pm »
That pink knight is the cutest: http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/get-castle-crashers-lovelove-pink-knight-for-free-8035
Now I wanna go home and play.
I don't think I would've been able to pass up the figurine, but I guess it depends on how small it was and how it looked. Pics?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 02:11:02 pm »
Here's a few of the pics I got of the CC booth.

Snapbucket

Snapbucket

scott

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 02:12:13 pm »
That pink knight is the cutest: http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/get-castle-crashers-lovelove-pink-knight-for-free-8035
Now I wanna go home and play.
I don't think I would've been able to pass up the figurine, but I guess it depends on how small it was and how it looked. Pics?

I've actually been playing a bit again lately. Castle Crashers has to be one of my all time Favorites. I saw pics of that Arcade machine before and it is the coolest thing ever, almost makes me want to build a traditional 4 player cab dedicated to it. ;)

btw if anyone wants to play coop Crashers, hit me on Live. GT = Wyrmm

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 02:32:32 pm »
@brettybluevein, those pics are great - thanks!  The cab looks amazing... probably the best way to really play that game.  Classic stuff, like the Simpsons arcade game.
Sweet, @scott, I might hit you up on that soon.  My gt is the same as my name on the forum.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 04:21:01 pm »
@desocietas cool, I'll add you tonight when I get home from work.

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 09:46:58 pm »
Here's a few more photos from my PAX trip, I don't feel like uploading all of them right now so I picked a few cool ones. Enjoy.

Snapbucket

Snapbucket

Snapbucket

Snapbucket

Snapbucket

Snapbucket

Snapbucket

Snapbucket

Snapbucket

Snapbucket

Snapbucket

scott

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 08:31:44 am »
That Halo diorama is brilliant. I may need to go next year.

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 05:15:13 pm »
Here's my Nintendo collectibles from PAX 2011....

As a group...
Snapbucket

Star Fox 3D pins...
Snapbucket

Zelda 25th Anniversary/Skyward Sword lanyards...
Snapbucket

PAX Prime 2011 exclusive Kid Icarus AR cards that BATTLE when you put them head to head!!!
Snapbucket

Kid Icarus Uprising pins...
Snapbucket