Author Topic: PAX 2011  (Read 4223 times)

desocietas

Re: PAX 2011
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2011, 08:29:28 pm »
I love that anything Lego-fied is immediately a hit (for me, at least).  The swag looks great!  And that photo you took of the AR cards in action is one of the best 2-D photos I've seen of the 3DS... I don't know why the pre-3DS-release previews always had such terrible images (or none at all).

Thanks so much for the photos!  I really, really want to go.  If anyone does a road trip next year that passes through my part of California, let me know!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 02:50:18 pm »
Wow, you really made out on the Nintendo swag!

As far as the Pink Castle Crasher, PAX East for the win (it seems):

I think my favorite part about it is that Dan drew me a little Alien Hominid when I told him how much of my college life was spent playing 4-player PDA Games while drinking, and how violent we were with it.  My husband got the Green Crasher and just had the guys draw the Hominid instead of the Crasher, and they went all out with it.

"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 03:56:37 pm »
Awesome, @amauriel!  I'm totally envious.  If you get a chance, can you take a picture of your husband's Green knight?  Those drawings are great - I'd love to see more.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 04:00:14 pm »
Awesome, @amauriel!  I'm totally envious.  If you get a chance, can you take a picture of your husband's Green knight?  Those drawings are great - I'd love to see more.

I am also! I've always wanted a set of the Castle Crashers knights on my desk. :(

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 06:07:58 pm »
We're planning on going back to PAX East in March...if anyone wants to get together beforehand or go out together or whatever, let's get a thread together for that!
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 12:11:06 pm »
I saw pics of that Arcade machine before and it is the coolest thing ever, almost makes me want to build a traditional 4 player cab dedicated to it. ;)

I'm being cheap and waiting for CC to go on sale on XBLA... in the meantime, I think I'll purchase Catan (50% off!)...  thought of you guys when I found this on the dev blog:
http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/2011/03/01/resurrecting-the-arcade-at-pax-east/
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 12:36:11 pm »
If I could find a way for a 360 or PS3 to boot straight into the game I'd be building one of my own in a heartbeat. Having to open the application from the dashboard is so lame and un-pro.

desocietas

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 01:03:59 pm »
If I could find a way for a 360 or PS3 to boot straight into the game I'd be building one of my own in a heartbeat. Having to open the application from the dashboard is so lame and un-pro.

Actually, you can boot to disc on the 360 and bypass the dashboard.  I think it's in the settings...  http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/19/xbox-360-mandatory-update-restores-boot-to-disc-detains-call-of/
Ah.. but you can't do it for CC because it's a download... blast!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 02:39:28 pm »
Yup. If they had released it on Steam also this would be a non-issue. I already know how to boot a program on start up and completely hide Windows.