Author Topic: Games you wish you were better at  (Read 3928 times)

jcalder8

Games you wish you were better at
« on: February 18, 2013, 01:27:58 pm »
1. Super Mario Bros! I really wish that I was good enough to finish this at will rather than when I get lucky.
2. Mega Man games. I have never been able to get the jumping and lack of ducking mastered so these are sorely unbeaten
3. Ducktales I enjoy playing it but I can't get very far in it
4. Guitar Hero games mostly because my wife KILLS me at these games so just beating her once would be nice :D
5. Any racing game where drifting is required, again I have never been able to master this skill so it is normally just a train wreck!

darko

Re: Games you wish you were better at
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 01:32:48 pm »
I'm generally pretty good at most genres. One genre that I wish I had more patience with is the fighter. I love playing them but I never sit down and figure out the crazy combos and whatnot that most serious players pull off with ease. I think I have some weird undiagnosed form of ADD when it comes to stuff like that. I'm okay at Street Fighter games but beyond that I just mash buttons most of the time.

I don't really play sports games very often but when I do I generally get owned (unless we're talking about something older). It would be fun to be able to sit down with a madden fanboy and totally destroy him/her. Unfortunately, that's probably never going to happen.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:36:15 pm by darko »

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 02:07:32 pm »
1. Metroid NES
I am horrible at metroid I always end up giving up and never get far.

2.Fighting games in general
Im a total button masher. Played mortal kombat online once and I got raped.

3.Black ops zombies
I can go maybe 3 or 4 rounds. Im that bad.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:27:17 pm by eatgrenades »

scott

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 02:44:00 pm »
Rock Band drums. I would love to be able to play them without having to stick to Medium. Its good fun either way. But I lack coordination to do any better.

SHMUPs. I'm pretty good at them. Be it horz, tate or dual stick. But I really wish I could get good enough to hit wave 100 in Robotron, or 1CC any of Deaths miles, DoDonPachi or a Raiden game. Or even be good enough to get far in R-Type.

Contra. I'd love to be able to beat Contra on NES without the 30 man code.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 02:57:19 pm »

???

But... those games are easy. :x

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 02:58:59 pm »
Contra. I've been trying for the last 3 months to beat it without dying.  I can finish it every time without the code, but I just can't seem to make a deathless run.

Fighting games. I was pretty damn good at Street Fighter II Turbo on the SNES.  I suck at Mortal Kombat. If someone halfway knows what they're doing, they'll beat me like fool at any fighting game.

Call of Duty online. Me and some friends had a blast with Call of Duty 4. Then, every 13 year old started worshiping the game and having sex with my mom. MW2 was fun for the first couple of weeks, until those little turds got their Cheeto stained hands on it. That was the last online game I bought. It ruined Xbox Live games for me. It's only co-op for me from now now on. 

sin2beta

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 03:10:54 pm »
As with everyone else, fighting games. I would especially like to know a lot about KOF.

I would always like to be better at starcraft.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

scott

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 03:19:43 pm »

???

I dunno... I can get passed the Waterfall level. I don't know why but I am bad at Contra.

madmax

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 03:43:48 pm »
StarCraft 2. I'm good and getting better but I'm not good enough :(

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 04:02:54 pm »
I dunno... I can get passed the Waterfall level. I don't know why but I am bad at Contra.

Slow down. It can be a "Walk and Gun" game. There's no timer.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 04:26:31 pm »
Shoot 'em ups. I love playing them, but I am also pretty terrible at them.

I also wish I were better at fighting games. I do alright, but have never been great at mastering them, and tend to play too aggressively and leave myself wide open. I should play online more often, but the relatively high level of skill a lot of people have puts me off a bit.

jcalder8

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 05:49:29 pm »

???

That's why I wish I was better at it! I have never claimed to be good at games just that I love to collect them :D

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 08:19:33 pm »
Shoot 'em ups. I love playing them, but I am also pretty terrible at them.

I also wish I were better at fighting games. I do alright, but have never been great at mastering them, and tend to play too aggressively and leave myself wide open. I should play online more often, but the relatively high level of skill a lot of people have puts me off a bit.

Same here. my luck with fighting games online is I'll either go up against ridiculously skilled players and loose, or people who quit the second they start loosing.

Also I'd like to get better at those those games where out of nowhere the controls suddenly flip on you... I'm looking at you Beyond Good & Evil's Final Boss

scott

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 10:48:55 pm »
Rock Band drums. I would love to be able to play them without having to stick to Medium. Its good fun either way. But I lack coordination to do any better.

SHMUPs. I'm pretty good at them. Be it horz, tate or dual stick. But I really wish I could get good enough to hit wave 100 in Robotron, or 1CC any of Deaths miles, DoDonPachi or a Raiden game. Or even be good enough to get far in R-Type.

Add Getting better at Team Fortress 2. I've gotten a lot better, but sometimes I still get smoked pretty easy. I have been switching between Pyro and Engineer too and having a blast w/ both. But usually if my team is really crappy, I hit up Pyro and spearhead offense.

Also as far as shmups go. I just hit my highest score ever on Robotron on the cab. woot woot. I can't wait til tomorrow afternoon, when my new joysticks arrive!

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 11:20:18 pm »
Ha wow a lot of people wish they were better at fighting games and not to sound like a total ass, but that's why its my favorite genre, because you actually have to put a lot of time into, most of them to do any sort of damage against skilled players. I can hold my own pretty well at fighting games but I am TERRIBLE at FPS, unless its like serious same or Quake haha, but for the most part I go online and generally score last