Author Topic: Games you wish you were better at  (Read 3986 times)

Re: Games you wish you were better at
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 11:29:16 pm »
friggin secret of mana and almost every nes game lol im pretty decent at every modern game(cod on veteran) rockband drum,guitar on expert and almost any shooter or rpg or fighting except new street fighter im ok at but nes kicks my ass
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

scott

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 11:50:11 pm »
Ha wow a lot of people wish they were better at fighting games and not to sound like a total ass, but that's why its my favorite genre, because you actually have to put a lot of time into, most of them to do any sort of damage against skilled players. I can hold my own pretty well at fighting games but I am TERRIBLE at FPS, unless its like serious same or Quake haha, but for the most part I go online and generally score last

I feel the same about shmups, kingrat. Especially bullet hell ones. Sure you can credit feed to the end, but it takes a lot of practice to be able to survive stages without being hit, or dying.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 11:57:42 pm »
Contra. I've been trying for the last 3 months to beat it without dying.  I can finish it every time without the code, but I just can't seem to make a deathless run.

I've pulled it off with Super C but never Contra. I hear people talk about Super C being more difficult but I don't believe it! It's just all about memorization.

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 12:31:31 pm »
I feel the same about shmups, kingrat. Especially bullet hell ones. Sure you can credit feed to the end, but it takes a lot of practice to be able to survive stages without being hit, or dying.

Much as I think I suck at them, I still try to 1CC shmups. I get further in DeathSmiles than anything else, but I still can't finish any of them 100% :p

scott

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 12:34:25 pm »
Ya I'd say I do the best at Deathsmiles. It was to the point where I started playing Black Label only.

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 01:03:07 pm »
I have a thing for peripherals, so I found Tony Hawk Ride with the skateboard on sale. 

I am TERRIBLE at it.  I mean, like so bad I can barely pass the training stage, and can't even beat the first real level.

It's the first game that I think I've played where there is just no hope.

scott

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 02:20:47 pm »
I have a thing for peripherals, so I found Tony Hawk Ride with the skateboard on sale. 

I am TERRIBLE at it.  I mean, like so bad I can barely pass the training stage, and can't even beat the first real level.

It's the first game that I think I've played where there is just no hope.

No one is supposed to be good at Tony Hawk Ride. It's a complete waste of development time and money. I hope he's ashamed of having his name labeled on it.

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 02:43:20 pm »
Monster Hunter  :-[

I tend to love a lot of games I'm no good at!

foxhack

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 04:00:47 pm »
Ha wow a lot of people wish they were better at fighting games and not to sound like a total ass, but that's why its my favorite genre, because you actually have to put a lot of time into, most of them to do any sort of damage against skilled players.
If by "skilled" you mean "abuse the glitches and one-combo kill you" then yes, a lot of online players are skilled.

spac316

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 04:22:13 am »
Most Fighting games in general. I can spend so long in practice mode but when I actually get into a match, I freeze up and forget what I have learned...hehe. :-[
But it's hard to find time to get good with them when all that time is spent playing other games.

Some block falling puzzle games with multi combos, like Tetris Attack. I can't come up with big combos in my head, they usually happen by accident.

Ghosts N Goblins/Ghouls N Ghosts. Need I say more?

There's a lot more I can list here. I can't say I'm the best player in the world...but I'm not the worst either.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:17:57 am by spac316 »

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 12:20:38 pm »
all of them!

im ok at most games but im not outstanding at any. (other than international track and field on the ps1)

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 12:31:48 pm »
Like others have stated back in the year (2013) I also wish was better at fighting games, like Tekken 3 for example I can probably beat 4 or 5 fighters on Medium difficulty but after that in order to win the next fights you need to learn to use all the controller combinations to win, I just get board learning all the combos in training and I probably need to write all the combos for each character down.

and like others have stated on here I wish I was better at shoot em ups and all platformers.

I also suck at Metroid for the NES classic because I can't duck and I think thats stupid. that I can't kill most enemies that are on the ground,I mean why the heck can't I duck and shoot those ground enemies in Metriod? Its boring getting killed by an enemies that you can't kill.

I wish I was better at Spiro: Year Of The Dragon PlayStation 1, in which I got stuck on a skateboard arena level where you are forces to keep moving forward and can't slow down or stop and need to perfect multiple 360 jumps I keep crashing and I can't make it without wiping out.

I wish I knew how Red Faction 1 is programmed so I know what I keep doing wrong on that terrible stealth mission, the guy that got farther than me on YouTube was  just strafing in the open and I still don't know how he did it.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

kashell

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2020, 01:16:04 pm »
Jet Grind Radio. I'm horrible at it. But, it's still a fun game.