Author Topic: Loot Crate  (Read 4024 times)

atariboy

Loot Crate
« on: February 21, 2013, 01:19:40 pm »
Anybody do this to get their swag? Just wondering if it's worth it or not. Seems like a neat idea. seems to carry more stuff than just video games.
http://www.lootcrate.com/
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

jobocan

Re: Loot Crate
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 07:46:48 pm »
I'll just bump this because I'm curious about it as well.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 11:25:55 pm »
Hm, this sounds interesting.  I know they have similar things for food and coffee and makeup, etc.  But geeky things!  Might be cool.  Maybe if my "save your change" bank is smallish (which it probably will be), this will be a good option to try out.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 12:45:46 am »
Looks like a way for companies to get people to pay for freebies/clearance lines to me.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 10:46:13 am »
Seems like for every one decent thing you might get, you'd basically be paying money for stuff that's mostly crap and normally given away for free. At $13+ a month, I'd rather buy a used game or two.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 11:26:38 am »
Looks like a way for companies to get people to pay for freebies/clearance lines to me.

Seems like for every one decent thing you might get, you'd basically be paying money for stuff that's mostly crap and normally given away for free. At $13+ a month, I'd rather buy a used game or two.

Gonna' have to agree w/ these 2 posts.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tpugmire

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 12:17:52 pm »
This gives me a great idea. Anyone want to send me $10.00 for a random box of crap from my house?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 12:46:06 pm »
Sounds like a grab bag at the comic shop back in the day. You'd pay $5 and get random stuff from the shop inside. Usually 1 good item, and the rest was complete crap.

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 01:09:07 pm »
I'll have to look at the unboxing videos before I make a judgment.  It could easily be bad, but maybe there are a few nice things that might come in handy for regifting.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 01:17:12 pm »

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 12:45:25 am »
So that's a bunch of crap...
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

jobocan

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 07:46:52 am »
Yeah, and I watched multiple unboxings and it looks like everyone gets the same thing except the one person who gets the mega crate or whatever. Massive meh.

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 02:04:50 pm »
I went ahead and signed up saw the shirts and other cool things.. an what ever I don't want I can store and save and then give them away to my niece and nephews :)
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

atariboy

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 02:16:46 pm »
I went ahead and signed up saw the shirts and other cool things.. an what ever I don't want I can store and save and then give them away to my niece and nephews :)

you'll have to let us know how it is.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 03:33:08 pm »

you'll have to let us know how it is.

Yeah, I'd like to hear how you make out & how you like/don't like later, too...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"