Author Topic: Company Names  (Read 535 times)

psydswipe

Company Names
« on: February 27, 2013, 09:14:21 am »
This has probably been asked somewhere but I wasn't able to find it. I know at some point you plan on cleaning up the various company names that have been added, but what I'm wondering is how detailed we should be. If a company makes a slight name change then should we go with that? I've been adding issues of EGM and for a while they all said Sendai Publications, Inc. Now I'm adding issues in the 50s and they say Sendai Publishing Group, Inc. Should I go ahead and start using that? Or would you rather just have everything under an entry that just says Sendai? Or even just the last name they went by in their company history (I'd have to look into what that might be)?

scott

Re: Company Names
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:41:13 am »
I've been working on the developers list for a bit now, and I've been keeping things like Square, Squaresoft, SquareEnix separate. But on the other hand I left Electronic Arts as "EA" and merged all the different studios into EA "Studio Name".

Personally, I'd like to keep it to listed as on the box. But I welcome input from other folks on it too.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

Re: Company Names
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 11:43:33 am »
I'd mostly like to see all the stuff like "inc." and "co. ltd." removed, as it seems unnecessary to note to note the corporate filing status of every company, and for the most part, this is probably the main reason the listings are so cluttered and inconsisent. Larger name changes, like SNK vs. SNK Playmore, that indicate some kind of real, tangible shift make sense though, as do indications of specific internal development groups like Capcom Production Studio 4, Ubisoft Montreal, etc.