Author Topic: Random Listing Errors  (Read 14369 times)

tpugmire

Re: Random Listing Errors
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 10:17:13 am »
I finally got the SNES [NA] category fixed, all listings are updated and correct.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 04:01:25 pm »
> matt
> The original MGS was on 3 disks which would explain the 3 separate listings. Each disk has it's own item number so we will need to merge those into a single listing. I'm not sure about VR Missions. I remember that as being only a single disk.

MGS was 2 Discs.

Metal Gear Solid: Integral was 3 discs though. It included the VR missions, but was a Japan only release.

matt

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 04:29:14 pm »
> tpugmire
> I finally got the SNES [NA] category fixed, all listings are updated and correct.

You sir, are a saint. Awesome work.

scott

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2011, 04:45:22 pm »
@pceslayer Right. I'm not sure why I didn't catch this before.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2011, 08:55:50 pm »
> scott
> @pceslayer Right. I'm not sure why I didn't catch this before.
SLUS-00594/00776 is what is printed on the case of the non greatest hits version

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2011, 12:00:58 am »
There is a dupe of Spy vs Spy and Wonder Boy in Monster Land in the Sega Master System [NA] listing

tpugmire

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2011, 12:08:48 am »
> matt
> > tpugmire
> I finally got the SNES [NA] category fixed, all listings are updated and correct.

You sir, are a saint. Awesome work.

I was going to start on the other regions, since they are screwed up as well, but I don't know enough about foreign releases to tell what is good and bad.  Anyone more knowledgeable than me want to take a crack at it?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

atariboy

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2011, 12:17:32 pm »
Took care of the duplicate listings of Spy vs Spy and Wonder Boy in Monster Land in the Sega Master System [NA] listing. Thanks for the info pceslayer.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 11:10:10 am »
2-in-1 Super Spike V'Ball/World Cup Soccer should be merged into Super Spike V'Ball / Nintendo World Cup in Nintendo Entertainment System [US]

tpugmire

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2011, 12:01:01 pm »
> pceslayer
> 2-in-1 Super Spike V'Ball/World Cup Soccer should be merged into Super Spike V'Ball / Nintendo World Cup in Nintendo Entertainment System [US]
Fixed

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2011, 10:58:50 pm »
 in Nintendo Entertainment System [US]...

Eight eyes should be merged with 8 eyes

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom should be merged with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Tengen) and renamed to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Tengen - Black Cartridge)

Kings Quest 5 should be merged into King's Quest V

Klax and Klax (Tengen) should be merged into Klax (Tengen - Black Cartridge)

Sesame Street: ABC / 123 should be merged with Seaseme Street ABC & 123 and renamed to Sesame Street: ABC & 123

Super Dodgeball should be merged with Super Dodge Ball

Exodus Ultima should be merged with Ultima: Exodus

jobocan

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2011, 10:46:08 am »
> pceslayer
>  in Nintendo Entertainment System [US]...
>Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom should be merged with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Tengen) and renamed to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Tengen - Black Cartridge)

Actually... I'm pretty sure that game saw 2 releases in the same year. One in a normal grey cart, and another in a Tengen cart. Both were the same game, but in different cartridges. We might have to confirm this though.
Kinda like how there were 2 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade games on the NES with nearly identical covers (but both games were different in that case).

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2011, 10:56:21 am »
The date on the model 2 Saturn http://vgcollect.com/item/14524 are listing the release month as 4, where games are using the name of the month, this one being April. Seems to be the same for all Hardware entries.

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2011, 02:31:59 pm »
> jobocan
> > pceslayer
>  in Nintendo Entertainment System [US]...
>Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom should be merged with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Tengen) and renamed to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Tengen - Black Cartridge)

Actually... I'm pretty sure that game saw 2 releases in the same year. One in a normal grey cart, and another in a Tengen cart. Both were the same game, but in different cartridges. We might have to confirm this though.
Kinda like how there were 2 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade games on the NES with nearly identical covers (but both games were different in that case).

--------------------------------

RBI Baseball, Gauntlet, and Pacman are the only 3 licensed Tengen carts.

*EDIT*
You are correct... Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom published by mindscape is the other game

tpugmire

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2011, 10:52:45 am »
Ok, I got all the NES edits done that pceslayer saw except for the Indiana Jones one.  I'm still not exactly sure what I need to do now...