Author Topic: Favorite Fast Food  (Read 6650 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Favorite Fast Food
« on: March 05, 2013, 12:52:25 am »
What's your favorite fast food place?

5 Favorite:

1. Sonic's Drive-In - Such awesome burgers and so many tasty drink combinations. Plus fantastic ice cream treats. And if that doesn't tickle your fancy, then how about a sandwich, hot dog, tacos, chicken fingers, chili; the selection is amazing!

2. Quizno's Subs - Man am I in love with their toasted subs. So tasty. And they don't skimp on the meat, cheese, and sauce (*cough*Subway*cough*), which is the best part of the sandwich, IMO. That Mesquite Chicken sandwich is heaven on bread.

3. Taco Bell - What can I say? I like tacos.

4. Long John Silver's - I'm also a sucker for seafood. And there's just something about Long John's Silver's batter.

5. Carl's Jr. - Best fast-food chain burgers you can get, IMO. Of course BBQ or mom & pop places are often better, though.

5 Worst:

1. Panda Express - They have the nerve to call that crap Chinese food?

2. Wendy's - Everything is just so bland there.

3. Pizza Hut - All the ingredients taste cheap. Which sucks because they do have good ideas for pizza like cheese-stuffed crust.

4. Subway - Because they think a sandwich should be 80% lettuce.

5. Jamba Juice - Because I'm a grown man and I don't drink my meals.

foxhack

Re: Favorite Fast Food
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:57:56 am »
General is for gaming-related threads... so I moved this to Off-Topic. Sorry!

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 07:41:49 pm »
best

1 - burgers = five guys
2 - sub = Penn Station
3 - chicken = Zaxbys
4 - Fries = checkers
5 - Other = Portillo's italian beef / arbys roast beef

worst

1 - burgers = white castle. these sliders made me vomit
2 - sub = subway / jimmy johns / quiznos  they are all about the same  not bad just not penn station
3 - chicken = burger kings tenders, its odd as the tender crisp is great
4 - Fries = wendys, these are ok but nothing special
5 - Other = any pizza place as i hate cheese

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 07:43:10 pm »

5. Jamba Juice - Because I'm a grown man and I don't drink my meals.
hahaha love the logic

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 07:50:33 pm »
I don't like fast food for the most part but I do enjoy Arby's from time to time.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 07:57:12 pm »
2 - sub = subway / jimmy johns / quiznos  they are all about the same  not bad just not penn station
as i hate cheese

No, no, no. Subway and Quizno's are far from the same. Subway is a crapload of lettuce, and a thin layer of meat. While Quizno's is just the opposite.

And wow! You have got to be the only person I have ever seen that hates cheese.

soera

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 08:08:23 pm »
Depends on your definition of fast food I suppose. I consider any place that doesnt require a menu and a waiter/waitress fast food. So here goes

#1 : Johnies - One of the best burgers around. Any place that uses a pile of shredded cheese instead of one stupid piece of sliced cheese wins with me.

#2 : Taco Bell - Simply put, I like Baja Blast and the Beefy Nacho griller.

#3 : A&W - A frosty mug of root beer and a side of cheese curds is awesome in the middle of the day

I dont really eat any other fast food place lately. And my least favorites

#1 : McD's - Just ick. Most of the time I cant even consider them "food"

#2 : Taco Bueno/Mayo - Fuckin gross. Plain and simple ... fuckin gross.

#3 : Burger King - I had a bad experience there once and cant ever get over it. I wouldnt mind them otherwise.

sin2beta

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 09:01:24 pm »
Jimmy Johns
A&W
Taco Bell

Fast food is not great. But sometimes you just want to eat some crap. Seriously, sometimes some burritos and tacos with a giant Mt Dew from Taco Bell is just fantastic.

UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 10:06:31 pm »
Favorite

1. Burger King - This started awhile back that if we were to open a food chain it would be like Burger King - but our twist would be that we would use Humans for the meat and call it the Badass Burger.. To supply the meat we would have the Badass Burger - This burger would be sooo Big that if you couldn't finish this off then we would ask the person to go in the back to sign something for attempting to win at this game and which we would butcher and serve to the next customer. If you were able to finish the Badass Burger then your meal was free.. This started all from our Love for BK and of course Texas Chainsaw Massicre II.

2. Taco Bell - I like to get the 7-layer burriotos but at times Taco Salad is awesome too.

3. Sonric - I go for this because I can watch the ones willing to try and rollerskate food to me :)

4. In and Out Burger - This Started in California I heard and Finally reached Dallas, TX firs time there and a well priced burger was awesome.. 2.50 for their double meat double cheese...an they don't hold back on that cheese neither.

-Taco Buano??? is still around?? I love that place as a kid but seems Taco Bell ran them out :(

Really don't have a place I hate to eat at.. but I guess if I chose a place I don't go to that often it would be.... Wendy's... square burgers are fine. but can I have the rest of my burger with the grease please!!!!
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

sin2beta

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 10:37:30 pm »
Favorite

1. Burger King - This started awhile back that if we were to open a food chain it would be like Burger King - but our twist would be that we would use Humans for the meat and call it the Badass Burger.. To supply the meat we would have the Badass Burger - This burger would be sooo Big that if you couldn't finish this off then we would ask the person to go in the back to sign something for attempting to win at this game and which we would butcher and serve to the next customer. If you were able to finish the Badass Burger then your meal was free.. This started all from our Love for BK and of course Texas Chainsaw Massicre II.

2. Taco Bell - I like to get the 7-layer burriotos but at times Taco Salad is awesome too.

3. Sonric - I go for this because I can watch the ones willing to try and rollerskate food to me :)

4. In and Out Burger - This Started in California I heard and Finally reached Dallas, TX firs time there and a well priced burger was awesome.. 2.50 for their double meat double cheese...an they don't hold back on that cheese neither.

-Taco Buano??? is still around?? I love that place as a kid but seems Taco Bell ran them out :(

Really don't have a place I hate to eat at.. but I guess if I chose a place I don't go to that often it would be.... Wendy's... square burgers are fine. but can I have the rest of my burger with the grease please!!!!

Taco Bueno is still around. In fact there is one right next to an in-n-out in Dallas. It's one right off the central expressway. They are all over Tulsa.

I didn't grow up in California and this must be why. But I don't really like In-N-Out... at all. I first had it on a trip to San Diego for the rowing regatta in college. We stopped at one in Tempe. I thought it might have just been Tempe, so I tried it again in San Diego, same result. I would periodically try it while in San Francisco. Still never got into it.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

jobocan

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 11:03:52 pm »
best

1 - burgers = five guys

I keep hearing about how great Five Guys is, but I never tried it before because I was sure we didn't have those around here. Last week I heard we did, and it's close to my job so I'll be trying it soon.

I don't really have favorite fast food places because I try to mostly avoid fast food that's not pizza... Burger King is okay but their burgers are so minuscule now, and Harvey's is good. I'm not big on Taco Bell, Quiznos doesn't have the one thing I liked there anymore, Subway is decent... and that's about all we have around here.

Otherwise... well it's not "fast" per say but The Works is a badass burger place.Whenever I go there I get a root beer float and a Sk8ter Boy burger (ground beef, bacon, monterey jack cheese and peanut butter), but they have like at least 50 different types of burgers and you choose the meat (or veggie burger or portobello mushroom cap). It's where I learned that peanut butter is probably the best thing to ever put in burgers. And you get your soda in a measuring cup!

scott

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 12:07:55 am »
5 Guys is awesome. Matt and I went there last the year before last when we went to Cleveland for a Gaming show. That burger completley melts in your mouth. The fries were pretty good too.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 10:08:32 am »
I wasnt as impressed with 5 guys. There are a few of them around here in OKC area so I wanted to try it. It was a standard burger for me. There are two places around here that do a good burger so much better. Johnnies I already mentioned (not all of them are the same strangely but the one I nearest to my house is by far the best one) and a local place called Ron's. They are simply the best but I didnt list them earlier cause they are local only I think.

ko1ru

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 10:49:58 am »
4. Long John Silver's - I'm also a sucker for seafood. And there's just something about Long John's Silver's batter.

You're right, there is something about that batter...  It's so good (especially with malt vinegar), but boy do you feel like dying after eating anything there.  *sick face*

I'd rather order a pizza than go for fast food.

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 10:59:04 am »

You're right, there is something about that batter...  It's so good (especially with malt vinegar), but boy do you feel like dying after eating anything there.  *sick face*

I'd rather order a pizza than go for fast food.
even that has turned Fast food Little Ceasers "Hot and Ready Pizza" Walk in order and walk out no wait they have them ready to go.
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual