Author Topic: Favorite Fast Food  (Read 6807 times)

ko1ru

Re: Favorite Fast Food
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 11:08:57 am »
4. Long John Silver's - I'm also a sucker for seafood. And there's just something about Long John's Silver's batter.

You're right, there is something about that batter...  It's so good (especially with malt vinegar), but boy do you feel like dying after eating anything there.  *sick face*

I'd rather order a pizza than go for fast food.
even that has turned Fast food Little Ceasers "Hot and Ready Pizza" Walk in order and walk out no wait they have them ready to go.

Ewww, Little Caesars is nasty.  I do tend to go with Pizza Hut for "fast" pizza, even though it's packed with sodium...  I'd rather go to a cozy, sit-down "Mom and Pop" kind of pizza place.   :)

soera

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 12:03:10 pm »
Little Ceasars is nasty to a point. I hate their pizza sauce (I actually hate pizza sauce in general but theirs is caked on especially thick) so what I do is call before I go and order a square sauceless pizza. By the time I get there, its ready. Same $5 price. The cool thing about the square pizza is the middle pieces have no crust which is awesome. I remember back in the early 90s, Dominos used to have a pizza called the Big foot. 3 foot long rectangle pizza. Lots of middle crustless pieces. I used to order one almost every Friday night.

insektmute

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 12:20:29 pm »
I try to avoid national chains and the usual glut of greasy, crappy fast food stuff, but there are a lot of local food carts and quick stop places that are really tasty. Off-hand, I'd say Perierra Crêperie for late night noms, Sizzle Pie and Tugboat Brewing Company for quick food and beer, and maybe Chipotle if I'm stuck in the suburbs.

Tons and tons* of brewpubs around town that serve cheap, locally-grown, goodies and beer, and can have you in and out in 15 minutes, too. I have a standing habit of hitting a pub for something quick before digging around used bins or going to shows.

* The Portland-Metro area has like 300 microbreweries, most of whom have a restaurant or 12 somewhere in town. It is awesome.

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 12:27:43 pm »
best

1 - burgers = five guys

I keep hearing about how great Five Guys is, but I never tried it before because I was sure we didn't have those around here. Last week I heard we did, and it's close to my job so I'll be trying it soon.

I don't really have favorite fast food places because I try to mostly avoid fast food that's not pizza... Burger King is okay but their burgers are so minuscule now, and Harvey's is good. I'm not big on Taco Bell, Quiznos doesn't have the one thing I liked there anymore, Subway is decent... and that's about all we have around here.

Otherwise... well it's not "fast" per say but The Works is a badass burger place.Whenever I go there I get a root beer float and a Sk8ter Boy burger (ground beef, bacon, monterey jack cheese and peanut butter), but they have like at least 50 different types of burgers and you choose the meat (or veggie burger or portobello mushroom cap). It's where I learned that peanut butter is probably the best thing to ever put in burgers. And you get your soda in a measuring cup!

dont get the large fries unless there is 3-5 of you. they give you a sac of them

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 12:28:54 pm »
not sure this would be classed as fast food but i think you can get it as take out,

Famous Daves.

that place is great.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 12:51:40 pm »
4. Long John Silver's - I'm also a sucker for seafood. And there's just something about Long John's Silver's batter.

You're right, there is something about that batter...  It's so good (especially with malt vinegar), but boy do you feel like dying after eating anything there.  *sick face*

I'd rather order a pizza than go for fast food.
even that has turned Fast food Little Ceasers "Hot and Ready Pizza" Walk in order and walk out no wait they have them ready to go.

Ewww, Little Caesars is nasty.  I do tend to go with Pizza Hut for "fast" pizza, even though it's packed with sodium...  I'd rather go to a cozy, sit-down "Mom and Pop" kind of pizza place.   :)

Both Little Ceasar's and Pizza Hut is terrible, cheap pizza. Crappy dough and sauce, frozen and canned ingrediants, rubbery cheese. TERRIBLE. And in Pizza Hut's case, it's really a shame. Because they have good ideas for pizza, like cheese stuffed crust, but because their pizza is so bad it's never as good as the idea should be.

If you want a great pizza, nothing beats Round Table Pizza, NOTHING. Always fresh, always grade A ingredients, best pizza cheese, and the best ranch sauce I have EVER had.

soera

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 01:18:57 pm »
Ive never heard of Round table pizza. I guess thats a regional thing. We have our own regional thing here called Mazzio's. I worked there for a long time and so did my wife (thats where we met). Her ex husband runs one of the stores and they remain friends so we get to go eat there for free a few times a month. They make their own ranch and its the only ranch I will eat period. I also like their pizzas over the other chains around here cause of the same reasons. They make their own crust and sauce every morning and nothing is ever frozen.

Btw, this thread is killing me. Its making me so hungry. :(

jobocan

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 01:47:47 pm »
best

1 - burgers = five guys

I keep hearing about how great Five Guys is, but I never tried it before because I was sure we didn't have those around here. Last week I heard we did, and it's close to my job so I'll be trying it soon.

I don't really have favorite fast food places because I try to mostly avoid fast food that's not pizza... Burger King is okay but their burgers are so minuscule now, and Harvey's is good. I'm not big on Taco Bell, Quiznos doesn't have the one thing I liked there anymore, Subway is decent... and that's about all we have around here.

Otherwise... well it's not "fast" per say but The Works is a badass burger place.Whenever I go there I get a root beer float and a Sk8ter Boy burger (ground beef, bacon, monterey jack cheese and peanut butter), but they have like at least 50 different types of burgers and you choose the meat (or veggie burger or portobello mushroom cap). It's where I learned that peanut butter is probably the best thing to ever put in burgers. And you get your soda in a measuring cup!

dont get the large fries unless there is 3-5 of you. they give you a sac of them

You should have told me before! :p
Just got back from there, with a regular fries they still put a ton of fries in the bag. Love it though, one of the best burgers I've had in the area and the fries are really good. More expensive than Burger King but it's worth it when you compare the quality.

foxhack

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 01:08:59 am »
I like Taco Bell, to a point. I usually don't like them but their Doritos tacos... god, they managed to make their "food" resemble something edible.

My favorite fast food restaurant is still Carl's Jr. Love their fries.

For pizza, I buy from a local restaurant that's a mile away from my place.

Uh, that's it.

scott

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 08:25:18 am »
I've been hooked on Taco Bell's Volcano Tacos. If I want a fast burger and fries, I usually hit up Rally's or Burger King. Other than that, meh. I do like me some Long John Silvers occasionally, but it's so oily and greasy, and I only get their chicken 'cause I hate fish.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 10:23:11 am »
I use to get pizza from this one place awhile back...what was it called oh now I remember "Pizza Patron" Some friends and I think they mix the dough and sauce with crack because you can't get enough of it. plus it is a kinda mom and pops / regional kinda pizza place.. 15 min but it is well worth the wait... My babe though doesn't like me driving all the way to where it is at about 15-30 min drive :(
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

blipcs76

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 01:59:54 pm »
Most of the fast food places I like best are local or regional chains:

Burgers:
Runza - great burgers, but the Runza pocket sandwich is their claim to fame.
Don & Millie's

Tacos:
Taco John's
Amigos
Chipotle

Chinese, pizza and sandwiches:
Mom & pop shops are way better than national chains

scott

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 03:03:32 pm »
For Pizza around here, there is an excellent place called Pizza Sam's. Huge dining room and right downtown. The place is packed in the Summer.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

htimreimer

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 04:41:42 pm »
one thing you have to remember of when talking fast food is the food regulations are different in other country's,for an example, canadian food regulations are more strict then the usa food regulations,so canadian mcdonalds is better then usa mcdonalds,

burgers
mcdonalds
wendy's
burger baron

poutine
new york fries

pizza
dominos
vern's pizza (to good to call it fast food)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 06:54:27 pm »
I hear a lot of people in hating on McDonald's and saying things like it's not even real food when I bring them up. It says 100% beef right on the packaging of the burgers, and 100% white meat chicken on the chicken packages. With the french fries they have an art down on how they grow and cook them to make their world-famous fries, it's actually kind of neat. They even give you a list of ingredients and nutrition values just to prove to people that they're legit.

Yet people still say try and claim it's all a bunch of chemical junk. It's a hipster thing! McDonald's is so big now that it's not cool for some people to like McDonald's so they just spread rumors about it.

I like McDonald's. It's not Carl Jr. nor is it as good as a sit-down restaurant burger, but it's still good.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:56:20 pm by burningdoom »