Author Topic: Always-On DRM  (Read 4150 times)

jobocan

Re: Always-On DRM
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2013, 01:52:37 pm »
And it seems people aren't getting that we need to actually fight against this kind of practices... Reviews and comments everywhere are people saying "don't buy SimCity until the server issues are fixed"... But what about "Don't buy SimCity, and maybe skip buying EA games at all until they get that this bullshit is bad for everyone"? Companies doing all these bad practices won't stop if people don't stop buying their games, and that's not happening.

insektmute

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2013, 02:53:32 pm »
^ This. I boycotted EA and Activision last gen, and started buying EA stuff for a little while when it seemed like they were making an effort to turn around a bit. After I discovered that none of the DLC for Mass Effect was playable without being online to "authenticate" the shit I already bought, I put the boycott back in place, and it's probably going to be a loooong time before it's lifted again, if it ever will be.

It's unfortunate how many people talk about doing this sort of thing, but continue to support the companies they hate. Talking smack online is cheap.

jobocan

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2013, 03:53:00 pm »
It's unfortunate how many people talk about doing this sort of thing, but continue to support the companies they hate. Talking smack online is cheap.

You think?
http://fenixius.net/blogstuff/mw2boycott.jpg

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2013, 03:55:10 pm »
surprised no one else has posted this yet on here

htimreimer

Re: Always-On
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 12:20:20 am »
question?, how many people cant play games with always-on drm because they developing country where internet is vary slow & expensive , how many people cant play games with always-on drm because live in a rural area & all they got is a slow dial-up connection, i live saskatchewan and storms are always coming and can easily knock out my connection, are companies just ignoring the facts for their own shelf gain?