Author Topic: Warped Zone Radio Show Live on you're interwebz!!!  (Read 2834 times)

Warped Zone Radio Show Live on you're interwebz!!!
« on: March 07, 2013, 05:56:41 pm »
So I'm back again to promote the show I host with my two friends on fishbowl radio network. Mondays from 7pm -9pm central time as we discuss the obviously touchy subject in the morality of retro game collecting. If you find a rare game at a cheap price should you buy the game at the price or tell the seller that they are asking to little for said title? This will be an on air debate free for anyone to call in and give their opinion. You can catch the show as it streams live at www.fishbowlradionetwork.com in the red bowl this coming monday from 7-9pm central time. The call in number will be posted here before the show airs that night.

This is video game related so I hope its ok to post this here.

Re: Warped Zone Radio Show Live on you're interwebz!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 08:02:16 pm »
Just to let everyone know we are on the air right now with tonights debate. Is buying a rare game at under market value considered stealing if you know the true value of the game and the seller does not? Call in 214 717 4678

listen now over at www.fishbowlradionetwork.com in the red bowl.

matt

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 04:21:59 pm »
Just to let everyone know we are on the air right now with tonights debate. Is buying a rare game at under market value considered stealing if you know the true value of the game and the seller does not? Call in 214 717 4678

listen now over at www.fishbowlradionetwork.com in the red bowl.

Man I wish I woulda been on when this happen. Bump this thread before the next show and maybe i'll give ya'll a call. :)

soera

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 05:07:21 pm »
Id like to start listening to this. Sounds pretty nifty.

As far as the debate goes, thats a weird subject. For me, it depends on the seller. If its a game store or someone who you would expect to be up with the technology in today's age, then I dont see it as "stealing". Ive gotten a couple of decent deals at local stores (TMNT tournament fighters NES for $9.99, Contra Force for $12.95, Die Hard for $4.95) and since they priced it that way, they obviously paid much less than that. They got the money they were looking for. But ... situation seems different for me if its like an older female having a garage sale. Most of the time, people who have garage sales arent internet savvy or realize that they could have something valueable. It could be something that a younger relative left at the house (kid that moved out or whatever) and they are just wanting to get rid of stuff instead of tossing it into the trash. It would feel a bit more like stealing but at the same time I am not the kind of person that would necessarily point that out to them and enjoy my good fortune and great deal. But thats cause Im not much of a reseller. I saw a video of some guy who did just that. He was pretty blatant in his video about he was buying this stuff specifically to resell (said it while the lady was inside getting more stuff) and even linked his ebay account at the end of it. That kind of fool is the person I find a thief.

scott

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 05:34:19 pm »
Meh. If its a deal, its a deal. The way i see it is: I'm sorry that the old lady had a nice minty copy of Stadium Events and didn't know what it was worth. But man I got lucky on that find!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

sin2beta

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 10:05:26 pm »
Meh. If its a deal, its a deal. The way i see it is: I'm sorry that the old lady had a nice minty copy of Stadium Events and didn't know what it was worth. But man I got lucky on that find!

This is how I feel about it. Honestly, I've sold a lot of stuff below value. But every price I put on something is the value that I am willing to sell it for. It someone says "I am willing to give this to you for 50 cents" that is the price that person is willing to part with said item. It doesn't matter if someone else would be willing to pay more.

Objects don't have values attached to them. People assign values to objects.

On a related note: All Gen Gamers did a podcast where they interviewed Katherine the lady who found a CIB Stadium Events at a garage sell for 50 (or something like that) cents. It's a decent listen. http://www.allgengamers.com/home/2011/2/9/epsiode-28-i-wonder-how-much-these-are-worth.html
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

jobocan

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 10:51:01 pm »
I watched the show, it was enjoyable.

As for the conversation part... those nintendoage people are idiots, what the hell is their problem? The joy of collecting is finding these great deals. Sucks for them for not working at that store, I wouldn't pass on a Sculptor's Cut just to put it on the shelves, that'd be stupid.

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 11:33:08 pm »
I don't have a problem with it - if somebody is happy receiving £1 for a game that I'd have to buy online for £50 then that's fine by me, everyone got what they wanted at the end of the day. The same goes the other way around too - I've sometimes been seen to let games go "cheap", but the fact is the buyer has no idea what I paid for them in the first place ;) Same end result - buyer gets the game they want and seller gets the money they asked for.

scott

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 11:49:49 pm »
Wait... that Stadium Events scenario actually happened for real? Ha, I was just making it up off the top of my head.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

sin2beta

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 12:18:28 am »
Wait... that Stadium Events scenario actually happened for real? Ha, I was just making it up off the top of my head.

It did, it was not that long ago either. A few years. The lady went to a garage sale and there was old stock from a store. They were selling 100 games for 50 bucks or something like that. The lady bought them to put on ebay. Started everything at 4.99 but within a little bit of time the prices jumped, PMs were sent to try to buy it now, etc. Then they found out what they had. I believe that this was the auction.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NINTENDO-NES-FAMILY-FITNESS-STADIUM-EVENTS-SEALED-NIB-/320642225110?pt=US_Vintage_Video_Games&clk_rvr_id=458627024152&hash=item4aa7c413d6

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 12:47:20 pm »

It did, it was not that long ago either. A few years. The lady went to a garage sale and there was old stock from a store. They were selling 100 games for 50 bucks or something like that. The lady bought them to put on ebay. Started everything at 4.99 but within a little bit of time the prices jumped, PMs were sent to try to buy it now, etc. Then they found out what they had. I believe that this was the auction.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NINTENDO-NES-FAMILY-FITNESS-STADIUM-EVENTS-SEALED-NIB-/320642225110?pt=US_Vintage_Video_Games&clk_rvr_id=458627024152&hash=item4aa7c413d6

Thats not the one.
i remember seeing it when it happened, it was CIB but not sealed. went for alot more than that too.

sin2beta

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 04:13:15 pm »

Thats not the one.
i remember seeing it when it happened, it was CIB but not sealed. went for alot more than that too.

It might not be the one. The Golf Girl username, timing, and starting price point seemed right on. But it's been a while since I listened to the seller on the podcast. But I am planning on listening again. This thread sparked my interest in it again.

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 12:41:09 am »
Glad that we had some listeners from here this week. We will mostlikely have a full house next week so the same topic will be glazed over again to get the opinion of the other host. So I will definitly bump the thread on monday and remind everyone to tune in. Call any point during the show to discuss this. Also check out our facebook page and like us. It'll help keep everyone up on whats going on with the show.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Warped-Zone-Radio/358209724191914?ref=tn_tnmn

pacpix

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 01:07:41 am »
Just saw that awesome cover photo on Facebook.... You have another listener!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 04:44:53 pm »
Great to hear:) spread the word :) I'm going to post some segments of past shows on YouTube this week so people
Can get a feel for
The show :)