Author Topic: Opinoins on some games I want.  (Read 2329 times)

Opinoins on some games I want.
« on: March 20, 2013, 12:10:28 am »
Well I collect for fun games and also to have every game! lol but as far as fun goes, there are alot out there that I haven't ever played, that I really want but are more in the pricey range(not really expensive but still tad bit expensive).I also know gives yall something to do(to reply to my nonsense).maybe you guys could put a 1-10 rating on some of these and give your Opinoins.

Paper mario-n64
Mario party 1,2,3-N64
super smash Bros-N64
Any Mega man-nes(I know i've never play any mega man ITS CRAZY)
Pokemon stadium 2-N64
Blues Bros-Nes or snes
Harvest moon-N64 and Snes
River City ransom-NES
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker-Gen or SNES
Sword of Mana-GBA
Yoshi's Story-N64
Bloody Wolf-TG-16
Bravoman-TG-16
Fantasy Zone-TG-16
Shockman-TG-16

Theres alot i Missed out on in my past but here to set it straight lol.theres alot more but thoes are some that came to mind.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Opinoins on some games I want.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 12:18:44 am »
Smash Bros is great. You'll have a good time with it, especially the multiplayer.

Any Mega Man is great. Start with 2 since it's the cheapest. If you like it, get more.

River City Ransom is fun and you'll have a good time, but Mega Man is better.

pacpix

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 12:21:19 am »
super smash Bros-N64
While not as amazing as later games in the series the original is still a fun game!  Still get friends together to play this one multiplayer every once in a while.
7.5/10

Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 12:23:23 am »
First and foremost, MARIO PARTY 1 WILL DESTROY YOUR HANDS. It's a fun game, but expect to leave it with a blister the size of a quarter on your palm. I actually still have a scar on my left hand after cutting it open on the joystick one time. (Hardcore, yo.) That game had a lot of minigames that required you to spin the joystick as fast as you could, often with disastrous results. I still like it, but OW. Maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10? The later games did away with some of the more annoying mechanics. Mario Party 3 is still my favorite of the bunch. It usually costs about $40 online for the cartridge.

I liked Super Smash Bros., but I always felt that Melee was leagues better. A lot more variety, a lot more characters to choose from, a lot of extra stuff to unlock, yadda yadda. I'd give it a 7. It's usually somewhere in the $30-$50 range for just the cartridge.

I haven't played enough of the others to form a solid opinion, I'm afraid. PS2 games have always been my area of expertise, despite having grown up on an N64. Good luck on your search!
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 01:03:01 am »
super smash Bros-N64
While not as amazing as later games in the series the original is still a fun game!  Still get friends together to play this one multiplayer every once in a while.
7.5/10

I loved Melee But my friend was going on and on about how great the N64 one was. I wasn't very sure, but i do know it would be near impossible to beat melee.
PS4-zxzpigxzx

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 01:05:47 am »
Smash Bros is great. You'll have a good time with it, especially the multiplayer.

Any Mega Man is great. Start with 2 since it's the cheapest. If you like it, get more.

if I do pick one up i'm probably gonna go for all of them.I had a friend offer to sell me his collection of mega man at fair price but didn't take it since i wasn't into mega man(never had I played it) I'll have to just try it out. thanks for the imput
PS4-zxzpigxzx

sin2beta

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 02:06:41 am »
Fantasy Zone is really good. I am not familiar with the TG16 port though.

Moonwalker is only on the Genesis. It goes for WAY more than it is worth. In terms of enjoyment, it is worth about 5 bucks. All you do is save kids from closets or car trunks. Periodically, you can make dogs dance. I never really understood the appeal... unless if it is ironic appeal.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 05:09:45 am »
SNES Harvest moon is great! Seriously one of my favorite snes games and I played it for the first maybe last year great game, I havent played the N64 version yet but looks pretty damn good.
Yoshi's Story is pretty awesome too! I lost my copy a while back but still a great game especially if you like Yoshi's island on snes.
Bloody wolf... is ok, you're better off with Contra, I guess its fun for a while but feels kind of clunky

scott

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 09:39:11 am »
I like all the Mega Man games. But honestly, you're prolly best off to just buy the Annivesary Collections. And if you do go with the actual carts, pick up Mega Man 2 first. It's great.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 09:51:35 am »
Fantasy Zone is really good. I am not familiar with the TG16 port though.

Moonwalker is only on the Genesis. It goes for WAY more than it is worth. In terms of enjoyment, it is worth about 5 bucks. All you do is save kids from closets or car trunks. Periodically, you can make dogs dance. I never really understood the appeal... unless if it is ironic appeal.

It is also available on Sega Mster System :)

insektmute

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 10:54:38 am »
As far as Mega Man goes, can't go wrong with the first three or four, I'd say. Series got a bit stale for me after that, though the first Mega Man X is pretty decent, too.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 03:36:58 pm »
Bloody Wolf is one of my favorite TG-16 games! It's basically Contra from a top-down view, and is an absolute blast to play.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 04:04:32 pm »

I'm so awesome, I quote myself!  ;D

Anyway, I need to clear this up.  I meant Mega Man is a better choice than River City Ransom if you are only going to get one.  Personally I would get them both.

River City Ransom is an odd combination of genres.  It's like Double Dragon and an RPG had a baby.  You level-up and add new moves to your character.  It's a really fun and unique game. 

If you can only get one though, get Mega Man 2.  It'll change your life.

darko

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 12:46:04 pm »
Here's my opinion on the games I've actually played (based on my personal fun meter). 1 is terrible, 10 is excellent:

Paper mario-n64 - 7

- It's a fun game. If you're looking for an RPG experience on the N64, this is your best bet.

Mario party 1,2,3-N64 - 6

- Only fun if you're playing with other people, and I see very little need to own every one.

super smash Bros-N64 - 8

Great game! There's fun to be had solo but it gets even better with other players)

Any Mega man-nes - 8

These games can be very difficult for some. I would recommend starting with number 2 and going from there. I like 2,4 & 6 the best. I agree with Scott, though. If you just want to play them get the compilation.

Pokemon stadium 2-N64

Blues Bros-Nes or snes

Harvest moon-N64 and Snes - ?

I honestly don't want to give an opinion on these as I really don't get the appeal. It's just not my thing.

River City ransom-NES - 6

It's a unique game but it's not as good as something like Double Dragon II IMO.

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker-Gen or SNES - 4

I might take some heat from brettybluevein for this, but on a pure fun rating I have to knock it. The price to fun ratio is just not there for me. I like the game, but I wouldn't pay what it's going for now for any reason.

Sword of Mana-GBA - 8

It's a solid game. If you liked Secret of Mana on the SNES then you'll like Sword of Mana.

soera

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 01:31:23 pm »

Paper mario-n64 : Not a bad game ... can probably find pretty cheap
Mario party 1,2,3-N64 : Mostly a multi player game to get any fun out of it.
super smash Bros-N64 : Same as Mario party
Any Mega man-nes : Dont bother with the NES versions. Just get one of the compilation disks for a lot cheaper
Pokemon stadium 2-N64 : Pokemon is not my cup of tea. That being said, a lot of people here love them so they can comment.
Blues Bros-Nes or snes : SNES version is really fun to play.
Harvest moon-N64 and Snes : Never played the harvest moon games
River City ransom-NES : You cant go wrong here. Its like a fighting game mixed with an RPG aspect. One of the best games on the NES period
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker-Gen  : This game sucks. Its only expensive cause MJ died
Sword of Mana-GBA : Sword of mana is a good series. Worth checking out if you can cheap
Yoshi's Story-N64 : Another okay game. Nothing mind blowing.
Bloody Wolf-TG-16 : Blah.
Bravoman-TG-16 : No clue on this
Fantasy Zone-TG-16 : Fantasy Zone is a passable game. Not sure if the TG-16 version is any different than the NES or the SMS
Shockman-TG-16 : No clue here

Theres alot i Missed out on in my past but here to set it straight lol.theres alot more but thoes are some that came to mind.