Author Topic: About to make a Craigslist run  (Read 5113 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

About to make a Craigslist run
« on: March 23, 2013, 01:13:51 pm »
I'm about to drive about an hour for a Craigslist find. This involves Earthbound, but it seems a little fishy. What else am I going to do on a Saturday? Clean house?  I have a 50/50 feeling that I'm getting trolled, and a small hunch they may try to rob me. I'm not going to meet anyone at their house. That shit ain't happening. Wish me luck. I'll let you know how it goes. If you don't hear from me by tomorrow night, check the obituaries.

soera

Re: About to make a Craigslist run
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 01:14:44 pm »
Come pick me up and take me!!!!!! Ill be the reinforcements.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 01:16:42 pm »
It's sad that buying videogames has turned into a drug deal. You need a heavy to go with you just in case shit pops off.

scott

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 01:21:21 pm »
Ha good luck! Hopefully you willed me some sweet games.  ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 01:36:25 pm »
I'm happy I live in Canada, I don't have to worry about getting shot the one time a year I find a great game deal.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 01:41:44 pm »
Good luck! I hope you will come back in one piece with Heathbound in your hands!

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 03:02:45 pm »
make sure you go with someone.

soera

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 04:22:09 pm »
I volunteered. Its not *that* far to drive when your safety is on the line!!! And cause I want to see the EB cart first hand.  :P

htimreimer

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 04:31:50 pm »
I'm happy I live in Canada, I don't have to worry about getting shot the one time a year I find a great game deal.
no but do have to worry about getting killed by a machete, here in saskatchewan , we've already have had 4 or 5 machete attacks and apparently it's the new weapon of choice in canada

I'm about to drive about an hour for a Craigslist find. This involves Earthbound, but it seems a little fishy. What else am I going to do on a Saturday? Clean house?  I have a 50/50 feeling that I'm getting trolled, and a small hunch they may try to rob me. I'm not going to meet anyone at their house. That shit ain't happening. Wish me luck. I'll let you know how it goes. If you don't hear from me by tomorrow night, check the obituaries.
good luck and stay safe
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:34:02 pm by htimreimer »

darko

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 06:44:32 pm »
I bought an arcade machine from a meth house once. How do I know it was a meth house? The guy asked me if I was a cop....no. Then he asked me if I was cool....um, sure. So I go inside and they're literally packaging it up for sale in the living room.

On a positive note, I got the cab for practically nothing and the guy was super friendly after he realized I wasn't some game collecting informant.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 06:47:41 pm »
Well, it was a bust. Dude wouldn't meet me. I'm just too nervous to go to some apartment complex. I left my number. Maybe he'll change his mind later this week.

sin2beta

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 07:34:15 pm »
I bought an arcade machine from a meth house once. How do I know it was a meth house? The guy asked me if I was a cop....no. Then he asked me if I was cool....um, sure. So I go inside and they're literally packaging it up for sale in the living room.

On a positive note, I got the cab for practically nothing and the guy was super friendly after he realized I wasn't some game collecting informant.

lol. I've never seen anything that bad. I tend to go to people's houses a lot. But I usually show up in motorcycle gear and feel fairly well protected most times. Usually, if someone wants to rob someone or kill someone they will minimize any paper trail. Even craigslist ads.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 10:57:01 pm »
I'm wasn't really worried about anyone trying to kill me, but getting robbed is a real threat. I've been to plenty of people's houses to get stuff off of Craigslist. Call me uppity or whatever, but I take different risks in different neighborhoods. I wasn't going to dudes apartment today.

sin2beta

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 11:16:40 pm »
I'm wasn't really worried about anyone trying to kill me, but getting robbed is a real threat. I've been to plenty of people's houses to get stuff off of Craigslist. Call me uppity or whatever, but I take different risks in different neighborhoods. I wasn't going to dudes apartment today.

Of course. You can never be too careful.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 01:46:53 am »
I know it's odd/risky going and meeting people to look at peoples pocketwatches. when they call and want to make a place to meet i always make it a slightly busy parking lot.But then again they get my name from somewhere so they have to atleast be somewhat legit.Not alot of people out there looking to rob someone who deals in pocketwatches(to random)
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren