Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 185475 times)

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1440 on: March 07, 2021, 06:18:05 pm »
Bulletstorm is a fun game to play, but the writing and story are atrocious.

kashell

« Reply #1441 on: March 08, 2021, 09:15:11 am »
I finished Langrisser I on the PlayStation 4. I got the H Ending.

kashell

« Reply #1442 on: March 30, 2021, 06:28:20 pm »
I've finished both Kurt's and Laura's quests in Unlimited Saga. I've been following guides because even if you know what you're doing, the game is still a big ol' ball of chaos. Having extra resources and help available has made the journeys much smoother despite all of the game's bumps.

I've actually had Unlimited Saga since release and managed to make it to the end with Judy not long after. But I didn't have any clue what I was doing and I think most of the gamers on this side of the world did, either.

I'll probably go through Judy's quest and put the game away for a spell. It's nice having finished another game in the series and having my opinion of the game improve, albeit slightly.

« Reply #1443 on: March 30, 2021, 06:47:00 pm »
Recently finished Link's Crossbow Training, the first Zelda game I have finished lol

LOL this is like someone admitting they've heard the first Slash's Snakepit album in its entirety but hasn't given any Guns N' Roses album a full listen yet.

tripredacus

« Reply #1444 on: April 05, 2021, 10:37:00 am »
After running through 52 Games challenge, and playing games that looked interesting and seeing the difference between being interested and being hooked on something. For a lot of those games, I'm not really interested in trying to overcome a challenge if the game doesn't have that *something* that makes me want to bother. Then there are games that do and I will certainly attempt to challenge or handicap myself in order to complete some sort of goal.

And in this my latest challenge in Civilization V, which was initially to just attempt a 1 City Challenge victory on Amazon Plus. Amazon Plus is one of the built-in maps that is a large wide open area, and this presents a different set of challenges because the resources are very limited at the beginning of the game. There are other issues in general with 1-city, and that is it is difficult to win a science victory, impossible to win cultural and hard for dom, presuming you have those conditions enabled. I had attempted this run about 5 times before I got some sort of system figured out. My first few attempts were on King and then down to Prince, and lost Culture to Iroquois and a few other games had an overzealous France.

So the settings were: random civ (Assyria), Prince, Amazon Plus, random size, random opponents, 1-city, raging barbarians, victory conditions enabled: science, diplomacy. The biggest threat was, by far, the Aztecs being present in the game. My goal was to run through Piety, get the Barbarian conversion ability through religion, then capture barbs and donate them to city states. Having only 1 city has the drawbacks that 1) you can't afford large armies and 2) your prod gets cut if you are housed. Now this isn't like some games where you can't add new units if pop-capped, you can still make new units, and buy them with faith but you take a prod penalty. At one point my penalty was -70% which is huge.

In the entire game I only made a handful of military for myself. 1 archer, 1 cannon and 4 bi-planes. All of my other military was from scout/ruin upgrades, or from missionaries turning barbarians. Considering the Aztecs, I had to do everything in my power to make them my friend so they wouldn't attack me. That meant converting them early to my religion which did a lot early on. Later on when the other civs were being wiped out by them (because I was paying Montezuma to attack them), it got pretty close to where I was scared he would attack me. So I then went right into gold production and would give the Aztecs 500 gold every 10 turns to keep them happy. They got to the second SS booster by the time I won diplomatic victory.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2447070227

covfefe2020

« Reply #1445 on: April 10, 2021, 07:03:36 pm »
After you complete amazon plus you unlock the largest map the game has to offer: Amazon Prime
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

« Reply #1446 on: April 12, 2021, 10:30:55 am »
Just beat Gato Roboto the other day, it was actually quite good.  I sometimes forget that I enjoy Metroid games.  I really need to do a franchise run of Metroid one of these years.

dhaabi

« Reply #1447 on: May 19, 2021, 09:19:11 pm »
Though I wasn't the one actually playing, I did experience a Resident Evil Village playthrough as a spectator. While I'm not all that familiar with the series, this was followed up after watching playthroughs of Resident Evil VII: Biohazard and Resident Evil 2 (2019). Overall, I enjoyed what the game offered, and, knowing little about Resident Evil 4, I did like seeing the similar environments and little tributes to that specific series entry.

This isn't a unpopular opinion by any means, but the game did seem fairly easy when on playing with a normal difficulty setting. I'm sure that changes when playing with higher difficult settings to allow the game feel more as a survival horror title, although the post-game unlockables lead me to believe that Capcom is promoting even more action-style gameplay under the guise of a more intense challenge. However, those elements are entirely optional when playing the game on any difficult setting, so perhaps not. In one section of the game, the gameplay shifted to such high-action shooter sequences, which I did not enjoy, but the section was fairly short.

Ultimately, I do think I found more enjoyment in Biohazard than in Village, but Village was still a fun experience. While they're both quite similar in terms of gameplay, Biohazard's setting and characters are just more interesting.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1448 on: September 27, 2021, 11:02:06 am »
Finished Castlevania: Circle of the Moon again, via the Castlevania Advance Collection on XBox Series X (first time playing it that way). 91.5% map completion. It's not Symphony of the Night, but it's still a very enjoyable Metroidvania.

Now onto Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance via the collection.

Speaking of Symphony of the Night, why the hell didn't we get that on the collection? Granted it's not a GBA game, but it is a Metroidvania, and the origin of those GBA games. And it wasn't on the first Castlevania Collection.

« Reply #1449 on: September 27, 2021, 11:06:38 am »
Finished Castlevania: Circle of the Moon again, via the Castlevania Advance Collection on XBox Series X (first time playing it that way). 91.5% map completion. It's not Symphony of the Night, but it's still a very enjoyable Metroidvania.

Speaking of Symphony of the Night, why the hell didn't we get that on the collection? Granted it's not a GBA game, but it is a Metroidvania, and the origin of those GBA games. And it wasn't on the first Castlevania Collection.

Supposedly because the version of Symphony that is already optimized for modern systems is from some kind of Vita or PSP port Sony has dibs on it, and we all know that Konami isn't really willing to put in any extra effort.

telly

« Reply #1450 on: September 27, 2021, 11:46:49 am »

Supposedly because the version of Symphony that is already optimized for modern systems is from some kind of Vita or PSP port Sony has dibs on it, and we all know that Konami isn't really willing to put in any extra effort.

Wasn't it the versions from Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles on PSP?
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

alligo

« Reply #1451 on: September 27, 2021, 06:02:12 pm »
I recently finished eastward and Tales of Arise.
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1452 on: September 27, 2021, 07:01:05 pm »

That sucks. But I do already have it on PS1 and Xbox Live. Achievements just would have been an excuse to play it again.

« Reply #1453 on: September 28, 2021, 11:10:21 pm »

Wasn't it the versions from Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles on PSP?

Yes. Essentially the Requiem collection that has both for the PS4 is Dracula X Chronicles minus the Rondo of Blood remake

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1454 on: December 19, 2021, 03:24:08 am »
Halo: Infinite

Interesting, for sure. It's a marriage of Halo and Far Cry, two series I really like.

And while it was entertaining, and a game I'm glad I played; I'm not sure it did either particularly great. The Halo parts and story were better in other games, and Far Cry set-up was bigger and more interesting in other Far Cry games.

But still, definitely worth playing and I'm glad that they tried something new. Maybe with the next entry they can polish up what they introduced here and make it better.