Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 185476 times)

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 11:51:30 pm »
Finished  Metro 2033 the other day. Gotta say, I was expecting a interactive benchmark and I got a really good game. Took me a while to get into it, but at some point (have no idea when it happened) I was just teeming with anticipation to finish it and see the ending.

PS: I hate librarians.

desocietas

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 12:43:03 am »
PS: I hate librarians.

ha, what? technically, i'm not a librarian, if that's what you're getting at ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 09:23:03 pm »
I finally beat Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx yesterday. Well, beat Knoxx. I still have to kill Crawmerax. Alone.

And today I finished Ben There, Dan That on the PC. The ending left a lot of things... not quite explained so I guess I'll have to play the sequel now.

psydswipe

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 09:08:08 am »
I play too many games as I completed a couple last week: Gears of War 3 and X-Men Destiny. Not sure what I think of Gears. I don't play too much multiplayer on consoles and always feel like most games are overrated by the major media outlets. It was fine, well made, just nothing new. X-Men Destiny is a below average game. Very repetitive combat and bland levels. Also finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Driver: San Francisco recently. Deus Ex was quite good and Driver: San Francisco surprised me. I had never played a Driver game before and although the story and ending were weak, I had a lot of fun just driving around the city doing stunts and various other side events.

desocietas

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 12:07:09 am »
And today I finished Ben There, Dan That on the PC. The ending left a lot of things... not quite explained so I guess I'll have to play the sequel now.

Yeah, I haven't done much with the sequel yet, but I enjoyed the first one.  Have you heard that they've patched it with new visuals or something?  I haven't looked for myself yet...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 02:07:40 pm »
Yeah, I haven't done much with the sequel yet, but I enjoyed the first one.  Have you heard that they've patched it with new visuals or something?  I haven't looked for myself yet...

Yep, most of the new additions were to the backgrounds, and a much improved font. The game isn't as polished as the sequel, but it's pretty close.

desocietas

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 02:44:26 pm »
Speaking of updates, Steam has updated Psychonauts with achievements and cloud saving! and now playable on Macs!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 11:15:21 pm »
Speaking of updates, Steam has updated Psychonauts with achievements and cloud saving! and now playable on Macs!

And some achievements are broken, and the game won't run on some Macs. Yay.

I just completed Time, Gentlemen, Please. Well worth the $5 for the pair... though I only spent like a buck on the pack. It's still awesome and stuff!

tpugmire

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 08:43:30 am »
I finished Lego Harry Potter a couple of weeks ago, and now I'm going back through and unlocking everything.  I know it's not the most exciting achievement, but I suppose it's something.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

desocietas

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 08:37:34 pm »
And some achievements are broken, and the game won't run on some Macs. Yay.

I just completed Time, Gentlemen, Please. Well worth the $5 for the pair... though I only spent like a buck on the pack. It's still awesome and stuff!

Ha, well, I have a PC for gaming, so I'm set (hoping the achievements are fixed with updates)... but that sucks for some folk.

I think I paid something like $2.50 for the pair, but yeah, fun stuff!  Steam has so many deals, I can't keep up with it!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 12:46:33 am »
Just finished Scott Pilgrim Vs The World: The Game. Working on the last 4 Achievements for it now.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 11:12:17 pm »
Just finished Scott Pilgrim Vs The World: The Game. Working on the last 4 Achievements for it now.

I hate the fact that Ubisoft never released this on the PC. :(

So I finished Emerald City Confidential (PC) today. It's an adventure game that I bought during last year's Steam sale. The story was decent, the voice acting was awesome, and 95% of the puzzles were good for an average player (except for one that went right over my head.)

I'm not sure what to play now.

scott

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 11:55:19 pm »

I hate the fact that Ubisoft never released this on the PC. :(

I hate that it still has a freeze up bug in it, it locked up on me twice in a row last night, once during the final boss. BTW, I finished all the achievements on Scott Pilgrim today, including the DLC. One of them required 4 play-throughs in order to get too... Luckily I figured out how to power-level the characters to max level and burn through it.

jobocan

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 09:11:13 pm »
I just finished Soul Blazer on SNES. Very good game that is. A bit short, but well worth playing nonetheless.

scott

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 12:47:06 am »
Completed 5-6 playthroughs of Guardian Heroes, super fun game, I'm sure if I had it on Saturn it would be one of the most played.

Most of the achievements are pretty simple, I polished off all but 3 of them tonight. The left overs require unlocking characters, viewing all endings and the tough job of beating it on hard w/o dying (fun!)